Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City.

Options
  • 07-11-2013 12:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I've been banned for a week as per a pm from captainnegative for breaking the charter in regards to commenting on an actors appearance.

Following a pm to the moderator in question, he informed me he only became a moderator 3 weeks previously and is not aware of any of the previous examples on the thread.

My issue with this is, I'm banned and had my OP snipped to remove "the state of meaves wrinkles" referring to the show last night. I understand that does go against the charter as it was reviewed, however, if commenting on actors appearances, why wasn't I reprimanded for the part in the same post where I said nana bishop looked younger?

Only last week there was posts made on that same thread posting jibes about an actors weight and how they were surprised the belt fitted around her neck as it was so thick. As far as I know, this received an infraction. I cannot understand why the comment I made was so much worse to merit a ban?

I also have issues in that if they are being so ban happy and taking that particular rule so seriously why are
    - comments in regards to Ciara O'Callaghans Botox allowed
    - comments in regards to the new girl "Kerry Ann" appearance and her time as a playboy bunny allowed
    - comments in regards to Niamh's weight and her dressing in black to slim down and it not working
    - comments in regards to Judith dillons boobs and whether or not she had a boobjob.

And let's not forget the trolling of one regular poster for almost a year, and the reg of multiple accounts to troll, and after a year of it, they were initially banned (after multiple warnings) for one week (the same as me) and then site banned for the registering of many accounts.

I have no problem accepting my ban if it was
    A - fair
    B - the rules were the same for every poster, and punishments the same
    C - I had EVER received a warning or an infraction in that forum before that would warrant such a harsh reaction.

So, in conclusion, tl;dr.

Why is my ban so harsh and why was such a comment so serious as to warrant a ban rather than an infraction.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Hello Lexie,
    I'll have a snoop around for you, though I'll need to contact the Mod in question so please bare with me during the waiting game.

EDIT:
    In the meantime, could you supply links to the thread(s) or post(s) in question when you have a moment to spare - Would also save some time. Due to the ban, you should be able to gather them by logging out and viewing the Forum. Much appreciated.

Here you go, this is the post I made.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=87385008&postcount=6964

The snipped out bit said "State of Maeves wrinkles". Am not questioning that the charter was broken, am questioning why my punishment was so harsh considering much worse posts were made with an infraction.

That's grand, cheers

I have no problem with being punished (?) for breaking the charter, it wasn't a nice thing to say about an actors appearance.

However, and my issue with this is is, for a long time there was a lot of posts in relation to the fair city casts weight and dress sense. It was tiring and boring to read, and according to the mod in question on the 3rd of October the charter was changed to make this against the rules. Fair enough. However, this continued and I pmd a different mod about a month ago, as to why the same posters were making the same comments about weight ect. I recieved a pm (that I can pm if needed) saying this posters were Infracted which made them less likely to reoffend basically.

Just last week there was a post made about an actress in a domestic abuse storyline, laughing at the actress for having a belt around her neck and saying they were surprised the belt could be closed around her neck as she was so fat. However, this received an infraction??

I made a comment about someone's facial expressions and I recieve a week long ban.

It feels like I've been singled out because I've never had a warning there before, but my ban was so severe when regular trolls can troll the place for months on end with NOTHING done about it?

I would completely accept the ban if all
    Moderators were on the same page and consistent - however, they aren't. And I feel like I was targeted by a newbie mod with the banning power gone to their head. I would question had another mod seen my post and dealt with it, would I have recieved the same result? I don't think I would, hence why I'm opening this thread in dispute resolution.

I accept what you're saying Rope, however - just this post for an example as its the first one to find.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=87372442&postcount=1103

It refers to Tina as being "Tango Tina" - this is in the soap opera forum with the charter stating no comments may be made against actors, so why is there no ban or no infraction in place on that post?

Do you see where I'm coming from with my inconsistency comments? There is none. And I'm sure if I had more time I can go back and quote and quote and quote lots of ignored posts regarding Tina being orange or a whole host of other comments, that is just an example.

I have no problem accepting the week ban if EVERYONE was getting it. They're not.

Okay well that's fair enough, you've done all you can do so :) thanks for ur time

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement