Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest way?

Options
  • 07-11-2013 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭

Apart from illegally. :)

What is a cheaper way to smoke tobacco. I just can't fully get my head around whether it's cheaper to buy 2 boxes (12.5g) of Golden Virginia tobacco with the skins and filters that come with it or buying a big pouch (25g) along with a separate box of filters and packet of skins.

My 'gut' feeling is that it was cheaper to buy the bigger pouch and accompanying paraphernalia separately but now I'm of the opinion that the way of the box is the better road to travel.

I'm set on buying my lighters from deals at 1.50 for 5.
    Would having a refillable lighter and a can of lighter fluid be an even less costlier option.

What ye think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Back when I smoked rollies. The 25g pouch costed exactly twice the price of the 12.5g box but it contained no cigarette papers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Cheapest way: book a cheap Ryanair flight and avail of your rights as an EU citizen to legally bring back cigarettes for personal consumption from another member state.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Cheapest way: book a cheap Ryanair flight and avail of your rights as an EU citizen to legally bring back cigarettes for personal consumption from another member state.

Fair enough, but I smoke rollies, a box of tobacco with skins and filters costs 5.30, it usually lasts me about 2 days (once I'm not drinking :)) so I'd spend less than 20 every week. It just wouldn't be economical to pay for flights from my point of view. I think your way makes sense if you're smoking 20 ciggies a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Michealloch

Cheapest (Legal) is the Make Your Own cigarettes.
    There are a few types, JPS Red, JPS Silver and John Player Blue. You can buy tins or pouches.

It is proper cigarette tobacco, not the rollie stuff.

You get a machine (looks like a stapler) and a box of filter tubes and make the fags yourself.
    Works out about €5 for pack of 20 fags.

Same price as the illegal 5h1t with the rat droppings.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭markiemark2005

How much are the 12.5g and 25g packs without the papers and filters these days in Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭masti123

12.5g of amber leaf with papers and filters is €5.30

• Registered Users Posts: 10,522 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Pall Mall have started doing tobacco now for €3-95. Not tried it so don't know if it contains skins etc. If it's as good as their cigarettes it is excellent value by Irish standards. Spotted price list in my local SPAR.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

masti123 wrote: »
    12.5g of amber leaf with papers and filters is €5.30

My god that's expensive. I know it's no comparison but I get 50g of piped tobacco for 4.99 in spain. It's unreal how cheap it is over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭markiemark2005

Pall Mall have started doing tobacco now for €3-95. Not tried it so don't know if it contains skins etc. If it's as good as their cigarettes it is excellent value by Irish standards. Spotted price list in my local SPAR.

I bought that today, its only 10 grams. Nice smoke though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 ConorIRE

This post has been deleted.

Have you seen this Pall Mall stuff in many places? I might pick up a pouch.

Advertisement