Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Slip-streaming Trucks

• 07-11-2013 1:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭

Saw a guy on a GS500 today about 1.5m behind an arctic on the M50 this morning. Is it me or is he out of his mind? He had zero visibility to the front and no where near enough braking distance if the truck were to brake suddenly.

Is a break from the wind and maybe a bit higher MPG worth risking your neck?? Nuts I say!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Ahhh the things we do to keep the nipples warm? But, yes he is dicing with danger there. Would not be me.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I saw a guy get killed doing exactly that, truck braked, his front wheel and forks went between the back wheels and he was flicked up and into the back of the trailer.
    Dead before he hit the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Id have just overtook. I couldn't be pottering along at 50mph

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

Can't believe that picture is real. I've slip streamed trucks before at a further distance, but never for long, and not since getting the couch on wheels that is the Deauville. I can see the benefit when riding a naked bike, but the cost could be far too high.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Man that's some gnarly **** right there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Stupid thing to do.
    I find it funny when car drivers do it on wet roads. Driving up the arse of the truck with their wipers on when it's actually stopped raining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

I've always hated driving behind anything without windows or taller than my FOV. I mean yeah we can move to the side of the lane to get a vantage up ahead, but I overtake vans and trucks as a matter of priority.

Advertisement