Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toyota Avensis diesel black smoke

Options
  • 07-11-2013 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, I have a 04 Toyota avensis diesel which is blowing black smoke on hard acceleration and not a lot of power...it is also hard to start when it is warm/hot ..starts fine when cold.. have changed air flow filter, oil filter, diesel filter and had egr valve removed and cleaned(and it wasn't even that dirty).. no engine lights showing up... Please if anyone could give ideas on what else it could be .. it got a diagnostic test( not from Toyota) and fuel injectors didn't show problem... But Should I leave it in to Toyota garage to get a diagnostics from them?? Am afraid they'll give the usual old answer of fuel injectors...... which they seem to say a lot

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Have you tried any of those fuel additives to try clearing it? BG244 gets good reviews. Available from some motor dealers. Dipetane is cheaper and available in pretty much any motor factors.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 BronxNY

thanks Markr, sorry forgot to write that I have used dipotane but not the other one you mentioned. Thanks

Advertisement