Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visit to Westport

Options
  • 07-11-2013 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

Hopefully some 1 can give me some advise.

Myself and the girlfriend are taking a 2 day break in Westport next Thursday, we have the accommodation sorted but we would like ideas of what to do.

This is really just a break away from exams and work so nothing to mentally challenging please :)

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Plenty of threads already;
    See if some of them are of help. Enjoy

http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?subforums=1&forum=952&query=westport

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

There's a parkrun every Saturday at 9.30.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

finisklin wrote: »
    There's a parkrun every Saturday at 9.30.

If its 2 days starting Thurs then they will be away on Sat morning. Nice way to start the day though with a puke bursting 5k run :)

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭sonyvision

5 k run wouldnt bother me i do 10 every weekend :) clara ireland looks fair cool how much is the ferry over

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Used to be €20. That was in the good times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭IS_a_Class

Climb croagh patrick.

Drive over Sheffrey pass and down to killary fjord.

or drive the atlantic coast drive in achill island, finishing up with a walk in Keel or Keem.

Walk on the beaches along clew bay such as near Louisburgh.

Hope you have a car.

Not sure Clare Island would be worth the extra expense and hassle, the view from Achill over to Clare Island is class though.

I find Westport town itself to be overrated. Prefer Clifden for some reason but that's just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Agree with abov e post except to say there is plenty to do and see in and around Westport town itself.

Good range of restaurants, pubs, bookshops etc.

Westport House may be closed, but grounds open.

Old Railway walk from town to quay

Start of greenway to Achill - bikes can be hired in town

IS_a_Class wrote: »
    Climb croagh patrick.

Drive over Sheffrey pass and down to killary fjord.

or drive the atlantic coast drive in achill island, finishing up with a walk in Keel or Keem.

Walk on the beaches along clew bay such as near Louisburgh.

Hope you have a car.

Not sure Clare Island would be worth the extra expense and hassle, the view from Achill over to Clare Island is class though.

I find Westport town itself to be overrated. Prefer Clifden for some reason but that's just me.

Thanks for the replies....

yes yes i got a car so i think we will be stopping off at plenty of places on the way....

the west coast will defo be on the list we live near the coast so i know what your all talkibg about

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Clare Island is only really good if you know people who live on it. Westport is good craic though so you'll find a bit to do their, the Reek, the Greenway, few places nice to eat, and the rest of the time you can relax.

If your driving you can also head surfing out in Louisburgh, great way to spend the day! Enjoy! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭StewartGriffin

sonyvision wrote: »
    This is really just a break away from exams and work so nothing to mentally challenging please :)

Sex

• Advertisement

Sex

Sure we live together ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Chisler2

sonyvision wrote: »
    Sure we live together ;)

Some more sex? :) ............gently punctuated by bike-rides, walkes on beaches, climbing the Reek.........you get it!

Advertisement