Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing broken doorbell. What to do with wires?

Options
  • 07-11-2013 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭

Our doorbell has died and have decided on replacing it. I have tried joining the 2 wires at the button but it still doesn't work. (Neighbour had the same issue, joined the 2 wires inside the button outside and it worked so he just replaced the button)
    he unit is the bog standard one fitted when the house was built.

There are 2 small white wires fitted to the outside button and the where the wall chime unit is there are 4. 2 connected into the unit and 2 joined in a small plastic junction.

My question is what should/must I do with the old wires if I remove the whole bell system to replace it with a wireless one, both the 2 outside wires and the 4 inside ones.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

disconnect the bell transformer from the mains

usually wired is better imo..no messing with batteries at push and chime and wireless signal

Advertisement