Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-mobile stealing money!!

Options
  • 07-11-2013 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I topped up my phone (PAYG) last Friday by €20 via the AIB iOS app and the credit never went through. (number used and other details were correct)
    Called e-mobile a few hours later and they said that it was a known technical issue (just that day) and that the credit would go though on Monday.

Still hadnt gone through on Monday and rang Cust services again. They guy on the phone again acknowledged the issue but then said that the €20 would be refunded into my account, by the latast 1 week after the topup (10:30AM Friday)

Well its now Thursday afternoon and still the money has not been refunded to me, I can jsut wait till 10:30am tomorrow but i am less than confident that it will be refunded.

What do Eircom / E-Mobile purpose i do to get back the €20 that you stole from me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

Eircom / E-mobile you are not doing yourself any favours by not responding.

FYI: more than a week has passed since the top-up request was made and SURPRISE SURPRISE no money refunded to my account.

Called customer services again today and yet again was told a different story, to contact  customercare@emobile.ie with a print out of my bank account details to show the refund hasnt gone through. Did this but why the f&*^ should I???!?!?!?! You clearly have not refunded me the money so why should i send a pic of my personal bank account to confirm a refund tansaction that you never made?!?

Disgraceful!

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Just get the bill pay from eMobile, it's far easier and cheaper.

PeteK* wrote: »
    Just get the bill pay from eMobile, it's far easier and cheaper.

Thanks for the response but how does that help resolve my issue?

I can't resolve it, I don't work for eMobile. I'm just making a suggestion that is likely to benefit you.

I know someone who was on Meteor (this was 2008, I remember the date because of where it was) and they double the credit! Cross your fingers.

Bump, still no response what so ever from emobile!?

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

davo2001 wrote: »
    Bump, still no response what so ever from emobile!?
    Hi davo2001

There was an issue with ATM top-ups last week, which was resolved. The credit should be returned to your account bu the bank within 3 / 5 days. If this is not the case let us know here.

Afraid we are not on Boards.ie from Friday afternoon until Monday at 12:00 and this was reason you did not receive a reply to your post..

Again, our apologies for the inconvenience and do let us know if not refunded.
    Tony

It has not been refunded and the I was told it should of been by last Friday at the latest.

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

It has not been refunded and the I was told it should of been by last Friday at the latest.
    Hi davo2011
    Can you PM me your tel and PIN number and I can check this for you?
    Tony

PM sent

Just got this response from "customer care"

"Dear davo2001,
    Thank you for your email and my apologies for any inconvenience caused.
    [font=Arial','sans-serif]I can inform you that this is a known error we were experiencing in regards to customer Top- Ups on the 01.11.13.[/font]
    [font=Arial','sans-serif]As the money has not reached eMobile, unfortunately your bank will have to refund the money for this failed operation.[/font]
    [font=Arial','sans-serif]Please contact your bank who will be able to process the top up back to your bank account.[/font]
    [font=Arial','sans-serif]My apologies for any inconvenience caused.[/font]

[font=Arial','sans-serif]If you have any further queries please call customer care on [/font][font=Arial','sans-serif]1800 69 00 00 or email [/font][font=Arial','sans-serif]customercare@emobile.ie[/font][font=Arial','sans-serif] and we will be delighted to assist you.[/font]
    [font=Arial','sans-serif]Regards,[/font]

[font=Arial','sans-serif]Damian[/font]

[font=Arial','sans-serif]Customer Care Administration Team[/font]
    [font=Arial','sans-serif]Customer Care Department[/font]
    [font=Arial','sans-serif]eMobile"

Of course i then called AIB and they say that since the money was clearly taken from the account (sent a screen shot of my account to emobile) that they cannot issue a refund and to contact emobile.

Going around and around in circles here!!

EMOBILE......... I NEED THIS SORTED OUT TODAY!!!!!!! You have already admitted there was a known issue at your end regarding topups on that date. Refund the money or i will be getting in touch with Com reg ASAP!!!
    [/font]

• Advertisement

Called emobile there again, surprise surprise they are insisting that AIB have to refund it. Asked to speak to a manager and the girl but me on hold for 10 minutes and then disconnected the call.

what a joke!!!

Looks like im not the only one: http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057077208/2#post87502243

Moving to a different provider as we speak.

Just to say that I did move provider because of this issue and glad I did.

Emobile customer support are a complete joke.

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

Sorry to hear that davo2001,

If I can be of assistance in the future don't hesitate to contact me here and I will be happy to help.

Grainne

Since you haven't mentioned it, I presume the bank returned the cash to your account.

PeteK* wrote: »

Since you haven't mentioned it, I presume the bank returned the cash to your account.
    Unfortunately not, Emobile never refunded the money either. The bank said it was taken out of my account from emobile (clearly shown on the bank statement) so i would need to get it off them but emobile said they never received it (yeah right).

Basically theft on Emobiles part.

I put it down to a lesson learned, never going to do business with them again hense why i changed provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Unfortunately not, Emobile never refunded the money either. The bank said it was taken out of my account from emobile (clearly shown on the bank statement) so i would need to get it off them but emobile said they never received it (yeah right).

I put it down to a lesson learned, never going to do business with them again hense why i changed provider.

Putting it down to lesson learned, are you CRAZY!!!! Small claims court and comreg FTW

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

Putting it down to lesson learned, are you CRAZY!!!! Small claims court and comreg FTW
    Do you like bullying people yourself by calling them crazy and resurrecting old threads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

Hi Wonda-Boy

If you are experiencing issues or have any queries feel free to PM me your details.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement