Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Winter Is Coming - FSA Christmas Preparation Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Ya, I don't think Pelligrini or anyone thinks Pantilimon is a better goalie than Hart. It'll go one of two ways IMO, Hart will be recalled in the next few games, if he screws up Pelligrini will shop for a new keeper at Christmas, if not he stays put. It's very hard obviously to say with any certainty but the Sunderland goal on Sunday was very preventable from a keepers perspective, it's the kind of chance Hart would have snuffed out when he's on his game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Pantilimon has made two saves in two games, and conceded a goal to Sunderland. I didn't see either game but going by those stats and the comment above he's hardly impressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

roryc wrote: »
    Pantilimon has made two saves in two games, and conceded a goal to Sunderland. I didn't see either game but going by those stats and the comment above he's hardly impressed.

Or you could say he's started the last three games, only conceded one goal and was man of the match once.

I'm sure myself Hart will be back but I'm not sure when. I've watched a few of Pellegrini's press conferences. He doesn't look like the type will be worrying what the media think anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭IanOBo

I'm building for a strong festive period.

Meanwhile, Liverpool have 3 'handy' fixtures coming

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

What do people think about Cardiff over the festive period? Especially Ben Turner and even Whittingham in midfield. I'm going to bring Turner in after the Arsenal game and see then. 3 home games in 4 between 14th and 28th with Liverpool away being the only dirty fixture along with Arsenal then again on new year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Mourinho talks about what we already knew - he'll be rotating the squad for Christmas period http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/article/165/9044274/mourinho-ready-to-rotate-squad Think i'll be getting Gerrard in for Oscar so I don't have to spend every GW wondering if he'll start or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

What do people think about Cardiff over the festive period? Especially Ben Turner and even Whittingham in midfield. I'm going to bring Turner in after the Arsenal game and see then. 3 home games in 4 between 14th and 28th with Liverpool away being the only dirty fixture along with Arsenal then again on new year.

looking at Marshall as my festive keeper. I ho-ho-hope he gets me some clean sheets

manual_man wrote: »
    looking at Marshall as my festive keeper. I ho-ho-hope he gets me some clean sheets

I've got Lewis as my cheap keeper and if at any point I had a transfer to use and the available funds I've been wanting to upgrade to him to Marshall. Mig has some testing games too although doubling up on Cardiff clean sheets may be a bridge too far. I should get a playing back-up in whoever it ends up being.

I've got Lewis as my cheap keeper and if at any point I had a transfer to use and the available funds I've been wanting to upgrade to him to Marshall. Mig has some testing games too although doubling up on Cardiff clean sheets may be a bridge too far. I should get a playing back-up in whoever it ends up being.

yeah my (tentative) plans leave me with Marshall as my only festive keeper, not to worry tho as a certain jan wildcard means that need only be for a handful of games, and during that time Cardiffs' fixtures are quite kind

• Advertisement

Banking on Liverpool players (Mignolet, Skrtel and Sturridge) for the next few games. Will asses options then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

IanOBo wrote: »
    Banking on Liverpool players (Mignolet, Skrtel and Sturridge) for the next few games. Will asses options then.

Suarez will score more than the 3 combined :)

qwabercd wrote: »
    Suarez will score more than the 3 combined :)

I have no doubt that he will, but I'm in the aguero camp atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

anybody know who will be on set pieces with baines out injured. If it was Mirallas he would be a good option for the xmas period.

anybody know who will be on set pieces with baines out injured. If it was Mirallas he would be a good option for the xmas period.

I've been looking at him as an alternative to a Chelsea mid and Lukaku alright. I just think there's little point in getting Hazard at 9.4 with Jose keen on rotation. The Palace game is the only real worry and he may not even play.

Delefou (sp?) has been impressing but Mirallas should hold his spot now that his returns are improving. Pienaar is another alternative but offers much less potential for points than Mirallas if that makes sense.

I've been looking at him as an alternative to a Chelsea mid and Lukaku alright. I just think there's little point in getting Hazard at 9.4 with Jose keen on rotation. The Palace game is the only real worry and he may not even play.

Delefou (sp?) has been impressing but Mirallas should hold his spot now that his returns are improving. Pienaar is another alternative but offers much less potential for points than Mirallas if that makes sense.

Im staying away from a chelsea midfielder till the palace game. One of lampard, oscar , hazard will see who plays against steau.

• Advertisement

considering Michu as a festive differential - the Swans have some decent fixtures and Michu was back in training today. He's 8.6 i think. Anyway he should be well rested (which he needed) so i fancy him maybe to find a bit of festive form. Have more or less decided to dump Yaya (just got in Aguero), Yaya to Michu then in a while, and pocket some £ to strengthen squad elsewhere if i want

manual_man wrote: »
    considering Michu as a festive differential - the Swans have some decent fixtures and Michu was back in training today. He's 8.6 i think. Anyway he should be well rested (which he needed) so i fancy him maybe to find a bit of festive form. Have more or less decided to dump Yaya (just got in Aguero), Yaya to Michu then in a while, and pocket some £ to strengthen squad elsewhere if i want
    Im thinking michu myself he is a guaranteed starter. I dont have yaya and dont think I could pay 9.6 for him, but if you already have him I would think yaya would be ideal for xmas period.

Im thinking michu myself he is a guaranteed starter. I dont have yaya and dont think I could pay 9.6 for him, but if you already have him I would think yaya would be ideal for xmas period.

yeah i've had Yaya since early on but i just got Kun for the first time so i'm not sure i want Yaya any more (plus Silva is back soon, and Yaya tends to get less points when Silva plays). Anyway we'll see haven't decided yet

Between the 22nd and Jan 1st Swansea play Everton (h), Chelsea (a), Villa (a) and City (h). So away games on 26th and 28th. He may not even start all the games. Swansea have burnt me bad this season so maybe I'm just being pessimistic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Still tryin to get my head around how to handle Xmas. Reading the above I'm wondering are you better, if you can afford it to have 'big' players(Aguero, Rooney, Suarez, hazard, Oscar) and have a decent playing bench for when they don't. I suppose the risk is the 10 minute 1 point run out for one of your main men and him captained. Or do you go for 'cheaper' players who will be unlikely to be rested but may not return as much when they play, such as Lukaku, Remy, Gerrard, Michu.

As you may see in the other thread am moving towards an Aguero, Rooney, Suarez frontline ahead of Xmas, also Hazard, Walcott so it perturbs me to see more experienced heads considering going for more differential options in preparation.

???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Brought this up in the player watchlist thread. Mirallas took the corner that lead to lukaku's goal against liverpool. Will give it a game to see but if he is on set pieces i will def get him in. Had been looking at him as it was but set pieces would seal the deal. Worrying that he gets substituted in most games though.

Mirallas has been taking the odd corner and free-kick throughout the season, it's nothing new. However if he were to take even more and penalties especially it'd almost seal the deal with him I reckon. He's got 3 weeks anyway before he'd be a real viable option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Looking at Lampard for the festive season. I know José rotates, but Lamps will still play the majority of games, and at 7.5 (along with his ownership) he could work wonders. A lot to consider however..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

What do people think of cabaye, there games look pretty good.

For GW 13 to 20 i've decided to plan out my striker rotation. It will be between Aguero/Suarez/Remy/Lukaku/Rooney.

GW13
    Aguero Swa (h) c
    Saurez Hull (a)
    Remy Wba (h)

GW14
    Aguero Wba (a)
    Suarez Nor (h) c
    Remy Swa (a)

GW15
    Aguero out Rooney in
    Rooney New (h)
    Suarez Whu (h) c
    Remy Mun (a)

GW 16
    Suarez out Lukaku in
    Lukaku Ful (h) c
    Rooney AsV (a)
    Remy Sou (h)

GW 17
    Lukaku out Suarez in
    Saurez Car (h) c
    Rooney Whu (h)
    Remy Cpa (a)

GW 18
    Suarez out Lukaku in
    Lukaku Sun (h) c
    Rooney Hull (a)
    Remy Sto (h)

GW 19
    Remy out Aguero in
    Lukaku Sou (h)
    Aguero Cpa (h) c
    Rooney Nor (a)

GW 20
    Rooney out Suarez in
    Lukaku Sto (a)
    Aguero Swa (a)
    Suarez Hull (h) c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

jamesbere wrote: »
    For GW 13 to 20 i've decided to plan out my striker rotation. It will be between Aguero/Suarez/Remy/Lukaku/Rooney.

GW13
    Aguero Swa (h) c
    Saurez Hull (a)
    Remy Wba (h)

GW14
    Aguero Wba (a)
    Suarez Nor (h) c
    Remy Swa (a)

GW15
    Aguero out Rooney in
    Rooney New (h)
    Suarez Whu (h) c
    Remy Mun (a)

GW 16
    Suarez out Lukaku in
    Lukaku Ful (h) c
    Rooney AsV (a)
    Remy Sou (h)

GW 17
    Lukaku out Suarez in
    Saurez Car (h) c
    Rooney Whu (h)
    Remy Cpa (a)

GW 18
    Suarez out Lukaku in
    Lukaku Sun (h) c
    Rooney Hull (a)
    Remy Sto (h)

GW 19
    Remy out Aguero in
    Lukaku Sou (h)
    Aguero Cpa (h) c
    Rooney Nor (a)

GW 20
    Rooney out Suarez in
    Lukaku Sto (a)
    Aguero Swa (a)
    Suarez Hull (h) c

That's madness IMO. You're using your transfer each week to change a striker. What if another player on your team gets a red card or injured?

Lemlin wrote: »
    That's madness IMO. You're using your transfer each week to change a striker. What if another player on your team gets a red card or injured?

Well this will only work if don't get injuries. Anyway the main reason I put this up was to give me an idea for what I will do over Christmas, might not need to change my strikers for a good few of those weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Well this will only work if don't get injuries. Anyway the main reason I put this up was to give me an idea for what I will do over Christmas, might not need to change my strikers for a good few of those weeks.

Serious need to have money in the bank to fund transfers back in due to price rises, unless you bought all of them at the current prices and they don't rise anymore.

I agree the strategy looks pretty mad. I don't think I could even do that with the price rises Suarez and Aguero have so far

8-10 wrote: »
    Serious need to have money in the bank to fund transfers back in due to price rises, unless you bought all of them at the current prices and they don't rise anymore.

I agree the strategy looks pretty mad. I don't think I could even do that with the price rises Suarez and Aguero have so far

I agree price rises are an issue, It depends on how the rest of my team pans out. I have my team planned out for the next 3 game week's and I'll see after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

GW13
    Aguero Swa (h) c
    Saurez Hull (a)
    Remy Wba (h)

GW14
    Aguero Wba (a)
    Suarez Nor (h) c
    Remy Swa (a)

GW15
    Aguero out Rooney in
    Rooney New (h)
    Suarez Whu (h) c
    Remy Mun (a)

GW 16
    Suarez out Lukaku in
    Lukaku Ful (h) c
    Rooney AsV (a)
    Remy Sou (h)

GW 17
    Lukaku out Suarez in
    Saurez Car (h) c
    Rooney Whu (h)
    Remy Cpa (a)

GW 18
    Suarez out Lukaku in
    Lukaku Sun (h) c
    Rooney Hull (a)
    Remy Sto (h)

GW 19
    Remy out Aguero in
    Lukaku Sou (h)
    Aguero Cpa (h) c
    Rooney Nor (a)

GW 20
    Rooney out Suarez in
    Lukaku Sto (a)
    Aguero Swa (a)
    Suarez Hull (h) c

There's good logic behind all those moves, and fair play for thinking it through, but as well as the using up valuable transfers, it's a recipe for you pulling all your hair out before the new year. It's more likely to bite you in the ass than work out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

What a ridiculous plan...

Mirallas has been taking the odd corner and free-kick throughout the season, it's nothing new. However if he were to take even more and penalties especially it'd almost seal the deal with him I reckon. He's got 3 weeks anyway before he'd be a real viable option

I've had Mirallas since the beginning of the season, he's very frustrating but it was never a priority to remove him as his potential is great and he was starting every week in an advanced role, came good only twice really but he's still the eight highest scoring mid in the game. I reckon he'll stand over most set pieces now with Baines out, it was hilarious earlier in the year when Baines scored the two free kicks against West Ham, after he had already scored one of them they won the free which he scored the second from in an almost identical position, Mirallas clearly wanted to take it even after what had already happened. With Baines out of his way who's gonna stop him now??
    I'm gonna hold him now for the moment, it might mean I'll have to sacrifice one of my big three strikers(Roo, Ag, Sua) for a few weeks if I want to get Walcott in but i'll know better after this weekend what my plans are.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

@jamesbere

I actually like your capt selections, but altogether more simple is plan Remy->Lukaku GW16 and leave it at that (edit scrap Kun-Roo)

FF has thought me :

a) you can't have em all
    b) don't get too greedy or you will turn into a tinkerman with points hits all over the place and on top of that quality players you instinctively trust and sell short term, will produce in games you least expect, adding to the frustration

PARlance wrote: »
    It's more likely to bite you in the ass than work out.

On this, your plan seems to be based on getting the best striker in against the weakest opposition... While these are the perfect games for high scoring, they are also the perfect games for them to start on the bench and only get limited game time (if needed)

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

I've had Mirallas since the beginning of the season, he's very frustrating but it was never a priority to remove him as his potential is great and he was starting every week in an advanced role, came good only twice really but he's still the eight highest scoring mid in the game. I reckon he'll stand over most set pieces now with Baines out, it was hilarious earlier in the year when Baines scored the two free kicks against Everton, after he had already scored one of them they won the free which he scored the second from in an almost identical position, Mirallas clearly wanted to take it even after what had already happened. With Baines out of his way who's gonna stop him now??
    I'm gonna hold him now for the moment, it might mean I'll have to sacrifice one of my big three strikers(Roo, Ag, Sua) for a few weeks if I want to get Walcott in but i'll know better after this weekend what my plans are.

He is on my watchlist, and planned to come in GW16. Like him as a player, great shot and eye for goal and essentially plays up front/right centre forward (comparable to Wally in this respect)

Really annoying the way Martinez takes him off for the likes of Osman, Naismith etc. but I think he has started every game which is good enough for me considering the lack of quality mids in this price range

moreau wrote: »
    @jamesbere

I actually like your capt selections, but altogether more simple is plan Remy->Lukaku GW16 and leave it at that (edit scrap Kun-Roo)

FF has thought me :

a) you can't have em all
    b) don't get too greedy or you will turn into a tinkerman with points hits all over the place and on top of that quality players you instinctively trust and sell short term, will produce in games you least expect, adding to the frustration
    It's gives me a guideline for those weeks, there is no guarantee I will go ahead with alot of those changes but it gives me an idea for what I might plan for the month.

FHFC wrote: »
    Still tryin to get my head around how to handle Xmas. Reading the above I'm wondering are you better, if you can afford it to have 'big' players(Aguero, Rooney, Suarez, hazard, Oscar) and have a decent playing bench for when they don't. I suppose the risk is the 10 minute 1 point run out for one of your main men and him captained. Or do you go for 'cheaper' players who will be unlikely to be rested but may not return as much when they play, such as Lukaku, Remy, Gerrard, Michu.

As you may see in the other thread am moving towards an Aguero, Rooney, Suarez frontline ahead of Xmas, also Hazard, Walcott so it perturbs me to see more experienced heads considering going for more differential options in preparation.

???

Bumping this if yous don't mind as I'd love to hear some views on the "less likely to rotate" vs the "big hitter with explosive score potential" for Christmas strategy.....

I might as well throw myself into the firing range as well:

As much as I can see the madness in not having Aguero, my team could be "christmas proofed" , over the next 2-3 weeks, a hell of a lot better without him.
    And if he gets rested for a couple of games, then...well, I'd be a happy camper if I went through with this.

I know this is a gamble, but I mentioned in a recent post that it's very hard to see any real gains on the leaders at present, all team selections seem to be fairly predictable, scoring is fairly consistent at the top.
    No real stand out's in defense or midfield has meant that most teams I've seen are getting fairly similar returns in this area.
    It's been easy to select a strong attacking trio and from then on it's down to making a good shout with the armband.
    A lot of us have risen of late from just being on the ball with the sensible options and a bit of luck thrown in.

Now........ is the any justification in departing from this.
    I'm sitting at 370,000 and I just can see me making a lot of points gains on the leaders.

Here is what I could do to my team if Aguero is taken out.
    I still have a decent trio: Benteke or someone similar could easily be changed for Negredo...he really shouldn't be there tbh.

I have loads of options in midfield, I like Walcott and Coutinho as I think they offer less risk from rotation being "fresh from injury".
    Lampard looks to be key to Jose's plans.
    The 4th expensive midfielder could be anyone really, but I think it needs to be a City midfielder, the big concern with this is that I am very light on city up front (especially if Negredo isn't there).
    I have 9.2 mill to play for that spot.

The long and short of it is... Is it worth the risk to create a differential via a team of 4 strong midfielders.

1zvbmdz.jpg

FHFC wrote: »
    Bumping this if yous don't mind as I'd love to hear some views on the "less likely to rotate" vs the "big hitter with explosive score potential" for Christmas strategy.....

My previous post is based around the "less likely to rotate" strategy.
    I still think you can have plenty of big hitters...just not the biggest of them all :p

• Advertisement

There's good logic behind all those moves, and fair play for thinking it through, but as well as the using up valuable transfers, it's a recipe for you pulling all your hair out before the new year. It's more likely to bite you in the ass than work out.

Sitting in the library about to start my essay and I may or may not be bopping to this serious tune :pac:

I might as well throw myself into the firing range as well:

As much as I can see the madness in not having Aguero, my team could be "christmas proofed" , over the next 2-3 weeks, a hell of a lot better without him.
    And if he gets rested for a couple of games, then...well, I'd be a happy camper if I went through with this.

I know this is a gamble, but I mentioned in a recent post that it's very hard to see any real gains on the leaders at present, all team selections seem to be fairly predictable, scoring is fairly consistent at the top.
    No real stand out's in defense or midfield has meant that most teams I've seen are getting fairly similar returns in this area.
    It's been easy to select a strong attacking trio and from then on it's down to making a good shout with the armband.
    A lot of us have risen of late from just being on the ball with the sensible options and a bit of luck thrown in.

Now........ is the any justification in departing from this.
    I'm sitting at 370,000 and I just can see me making a lot of points gains on the leaders.

Here is what I could do to my team if Aguero is taken out.
    I still have a decent trio: Benteke or someone similar could easily be changed for Negredo...he really shouldn't be there tbh.

I have loads of options in midfield, I like Walcott and Coutinho as I think they offer less risk from rotation being "fresh from injury".
    Lampard looks to be key to Jose's plans.
    The 4th expensive midfielder could be anyone really, but I think it needs to be a City midfielder, the big concern with this is that I am very light on city up front (especially if Negredo isn't there).
    I have 9.2 mill to play for that spot.

The long and short of it is... Is it worth the risk to create a differential via a team of 4 strong midfielders.

I don't think you can Christmas proof a team by having 3 City players. The squad is just too big. Zabaleta was already rested for West Ham this year, and while Nasri and Negredo have both played a part in every game, more often than not they've been a sub starting or taken off: Nasri: 2/12 games played 90mins, Negredo: 4/12 games 90mins.

I don't think you can Christmas proof a team by having 3 City players. The squad is just too big. Zabaleta was already rested for West Ham this year, and while Nasri and Negredo have both played a part in every game, more often than not they've been a sub starting or taken off: Nasri: 2/12 games played 90mins, Negredo: 4/12 games 90mins.

I thought that I should have went back and edited the image as I could see this coming. I tried to address it in the post.
    Negredo isn't going to be the 3rd striker in all likelihood. A Benteke or another regular starter in the same price range will get the nod.

I also mentioned the Nasri spot is an undecided one, I agree that it's not a great option, Silva may come in when he's back... it's a position that is causing a few problems for me as I am not keen to look outside city for that spot.

I hear you re Zabaleta, I think I've got enough cover in defence for him and I'll take the risk that if he doesn't start that Pelligrini won't be bringing him on for 20mins again...

I thought that I should have went back and edited the image as I could see this coming. I tried to address it in the post.
    Negredo isn't going to be the 3rd striker in all likelihood. A Benteke or another regular starter in the same price range will get the nod.

I also mentioned the Nasri spot is an undecided one, I agree that it's not a great option, Silva may come in when he's back... it's a position that is causing a few problems for me as I am not keen to look outside city for that spot.

I hear you re Zabaleta, I think I've got enough cover in defence for him and I'll take the risk that if he doesn't start that Pelligrini won't be bringing him on for 20mins again...

Got it. I think Zabaleta is fine for the whole period. Would miss 1 game max and as you say you've enough cover. The other 2 are just too flakey for my liking in that there are good alternatives if they get rested. Yaya would be the only City midfielder I'd want each week if I was worried about rotation, Silva too once he's back. Nasri or Navas are the players I'd like to have if rotation wasn't a worry.

My main Christmas concern might turn out to be Dawson. I'm banking on him, Terry and Jag continuing to play 90 each time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

My main Christmas concern might turn out to be Dawson. I'm banking on him, Terry and Jag continuing to play 90 each time.
    Who knows what will happen with Dawson after last week's debacle. One to keep an eye on for sure.

IMO Vertongen offers a lot more scoring potential from LB, but I reckon Rose will waltz back in when he's back in a few weeks, which would put Vertongen back in the center. So then it's one center back from Dawson, Kabul and Chiriches. Start of the season Dawson was told he's 4th choice. Negredo may have put him back there

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Who knows what will happen with Dawson after last week's debacle. One to keep an eye on for sure.

IMO Vertongen offers a lot more scoring potential from LB, but I reckon Rose will waltz back in when he's back in a few weeks, which would put Vertongen back in the center. So then it's one center back from Dawson, Kabul and Chiriches. Start of the season Dawson was told he's 4th choice. Negredo may have put him back there

That was the start of last season. A few regular readers of this forum will know what my opinion is on the Dawson situation but he's still got the jersey. Many will have him on their fpl bench against United and the lineup and result on Sunday will say a lot. Rose will definitely go back in at left back when fit and Vert will definitely go back into the middle. A good defensive performance by whoever is picked on Sunday will put them in pole position, another disaster and it's up in the air. Considering that Spurs have a decent run of fixtures after this week you might regret transferring Dawson out. I wouldn't prioritise it unless you're very happy with the rest of your team.

• Advertisement

That was the start of last season. A few regular readers of this forum will know what my opinion is on the Dawson situation but he's still got the jersey. Many will have him on their fpl bench against United and the lineup and result on Sunday will say a lot. Rose will definitely go back in at left back when fit and Vert will definitely go back into the middle. A good defensive performance by whoever is picked on Sunday will put them in pole position, another disaster and it's up in the air. Considering that Spurs have a decent run of fixtures after this week you might regret transferring Dawson out. I wouldn't prioritise it unless you're very happy with the rest of your team.

Yep I feel this is good advice. I'm holding him until he's dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Are people spreading the FPL load this Xmas period with regards to different teams? At the moment it looks like like a lot of people have 2 (or sometimes 3) of Arsenal/Liverpool/Chelsea/Man City/Everton

I think come Xmas it might be better to diversify a bit. Particularly if the predicted snow materialises

I currently have 9 players from those 5 teams above

thunderdog wrote: »
    Are people spreading the FPL load this Xmas period with regards to different teams? At the moment it looks like like a lot of people have 2 (or sometimes 3) of Arsenal/Liverpool/Chelsea/Man City/Everton

I think come Xmas it might be better to diversify a bit. Particularly if the predicted snow materialises

I currently have 9 players from those 5 teams above

Right now I've got:
    2 Liverpool
    2 Norwich
    1 Man Utd
    1 Chelsea
    1 Everton
    1 Arsenal
    1 WBA
    1 West Ham
    1 Spurs
    1 Man City
    1 Saint
    1 Swan
    1 Cardiff

Which is certainly a diverse bunch of lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Right now I've got:
    2 Liverpool
    2 Norwich
    1 Man Utd
    1 Chelsea
    1 Everton
    1 Arsenal
    1 WBA
    1 West Ham
    1 Spurs
    1 Man City
    1 Saint
    1 Swan
    1 Cardiff

Which is certainly a diverse bunch of lads.

That looks like a good balance despite having two turners in your team ;-)

My previous post is based around the "less likely to rotate" strategy.
    I still think you can have plenty of big hitters...just not the biggest of them all :p

Yeah, I'm heavy on the big hitters and doing well with it lately, but starting to wonder am I building my January team now, and is there a better way to play it for Xmas.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement