Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage protection insurance

Options
  • 07-11-2013 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭

My husband and I have had mortgage protection insurance on our mortgage since we first took it out in 2004. The insurance was with Aviva but we paid it through the IBRC mortgage. It covered the mortgage for a certain length of time if one of us were made redundant or were out of work through illness. However, we received a letter yesterday saying that Aviva were no longer doing this insurance and our cover would be cancelled when our term was up in December. It’s very disappointing, as it was a nice safety net to have, especially as I work in an industry that isn’t exactly secure.

Am I right in thinking that very few companies are doing this insurance any more? Also, based on the fact that A) I work in the motor industry which is very unstable at the moment and B) my husband has Crohns disease is there any chance that we could get this cover with an alternative company that wouldn’t cripple us with a crazy high premium?

Comments

Advertisement