Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 monitor help

Options
  • 07-11-2013 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hi, I'm planning on getting a ps4 sometime this christmas, at home I have a hd tv so i have no problem but for most of the year i will be in college and only have an old no hd tv, in college i will also have a pc monitor with dvi and d sub inputs, i have a set of speakers that run on 3.5mm audio jacks.

is there anyway to get the ps4 running on my pc monitor and can i use my speakers or do i need a different set?

any help will be great :D thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

HDMI to DVI to your display, and then it would be cheaper and easier to just hook a set of headphones (or speakers as there's no reason why not) to the Dualshock controller and get sound that way.

Only other option for sound is the optical output on the PS4 which means buying something extra; mix amp, or a new sound set-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭conorhickey

Varik wrote: »
    HDMI to DVI to your display, and then it would be cheaper and easier to just hook a set of headphones (or speakers as there's no reason why not) to the Dualshock controller and get sound that way.

Only other option for sound is the optical output on the PS4 which means buying something extra; mix amp, or a new sound set-up.

Will any speakers headphones work with the dual shock?
    I thought you only got voice through it?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Will any speakers headphones work with the dual shock?
    I thought you only got voice through it?

Any Standard 3.5mm Headphones will work. AFAIK you can change from voice audio to output game audio in the PS4 Settings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

I've the same issue with sound and worry about whether the quality from the controller will be any good, so I'll have an optical to 3.5mm cable running from the console to my headphone amplifier. Can then either plug my speakers or headphone into that for best quality. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Been just thinking today of the whole TV setup myself.

I use a monitor for my PS3 and it is just not as good as a TV for some reason, even though my PC monitor is higher spec then most TV's, just doesn't seem right.

I've a 720p TV generic brand TV, was thinking of splashing out on a 40" 1080p telly for the PS4 arrival. Toying with the idea of picking up the console in January, so figured might get a TV at a decent price in the January sales

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Hunt out a used Pioneer Kuro, the picture will blow you away. They show up every now and again on adverts and done deal. They were silly money new but a bargain second hand. I picked up a 500a a few weeks ago, picture is amazing. Movies and games are unreal.

Advertisement