Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5s

• 07-11-2013 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi, I was just wondering, my mother is switching to bill pay on vodafone soon and she can get the new iPhone 5s for 199 euro. Shes happy with her current phone so I was thinking of getting the iphone for myself but I need to know does she get an ordinary sized bill pay sim as well as the iphone sized sim when she gets the phone because obviously she will need the ordinary sized sim for her own phone and also can I buy an iphone pre pay sim card on its own?
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

She'll receive a 5S with a micro-sim but if she doesn't ever put it in I don't think the SIM will ever become active. Not too sure about that, though.

And you'll have no problem picking up a prepay micro SIM on Vodafone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

You can also get SIM adapters to increase the size of a nano up to a micro or full size.

Ebay have them for cheap prices.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Just get the upgrade and while in store ask for a blank SIM card too. Then ring customer care and do a sim swap from the nano sim to the standard sim and she can use it in her existing phone as normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

Even easier again. Tell them in store not to change her SIM card to a nano sim as the phone will be used by someone else. It doesn't matter to them. You could buy a new prepay NANO sim or get a replacement nano sim while there too.

(I bolded nano above as someone mentioned micro sims. The 5S uses a nano sim)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 edelg

I heard from somebody that when u buy an iphone u get both sizes of sim cards with it? any truth in that? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 edelg

Also, on vodafone I can get iPhone 4s 16gb for 99euro compared to iphone 5s for 199euro! is this new one worth the extra one hundred euro? Theres this part of me that just wants the newest one! :P what would anyone else do in this situation? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement