Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

city centre (city centre-ish) hotel ideas!

Options
  • 07-11-2013 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am hoping to travel up from the country to Dublin with my mom for a bit of Xmas shopping.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a city centre hotel for us - it would need to have secure parking and be clean/comfy with a pool/gym preferably.

Location-wise city centre would be great but a short 10 minute Luas trip to the city isnt a big deal either.

We are going to be good to ourselves so about €150 is our max - but we would like a little luxury/a little treat.

Any recommendations or suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I was at a Conference in the Camden Court Hotel this year. Very professional service.

They have a Pool and Gym. Not exactly the City Centre. It's up the at the top of Harcourt Street from Stephens Green.

Here's their website:
    http://www.camdencourthotel.com/en/

• Registered Users Posts: 24,322 ✭✭✭✭phog

I've stayed in the Ashling Hotel, lovely hotel, good food and it's very close to the LUAS stop at Heuston.

I don't think it has a pool or gym :-(

http://www.ashlinghotel.ie/?gclid=CPGlmsW407oCFfA92wodATYASA

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dubbie82

The Gibson is quite nice, they don't have pool, just a small gym. But they have Parking and the Luas is right outside.

I like the Radisson Golden Lane, again I don't think they have a pool.

The Clarion Custom House has a nice pool and I believe they have parking too.

And also support the poster above about the Camden Court, nice pool and it's just 5 min walk to Grafton Street.

I would also recommend looking online for good deals, some booking sites give great discounts.

Enjoy you stay in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Lots of ideas! Thanks!

Advertisement