Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning an item to Argos

Options
  • 07-11-2013 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭

I have an apple itouch bought from Argos 2 months as a christmas present. I now would like to return it and receive a full refund. It has never been opened and I still have the receipt.

Could anyone tell me if I entitled to a refund.

Cheers for you advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

Entitled to a refund? No - not unless there's a fault.

Argos have a 28 day return policy which generally doesn't cover electronic items which have a memory - this is due to cameras being returned in the past with obscene images etc.

You could try go in and they may accommodate you but you have no legal right and it doesn't fall under their store policy either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Del007

even if it's never been opened?

Failing that, can it be exchanged for something else?

Thanks for your reply

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭TheBoffin

As per the above post, you are not ENTITLED to any refund, exchange unless the item is faulty or damaged. Argos have a policy in place that allows for 28 day refund at their discretion. As it is 2 months old it is unlikely that Argos will do anything as it is well past the 28 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Leitrim Lady

Definitely not a refund..

If you can see it hasn't been opened there's a chance you may get a credit note.The receipt you have would state under the sale of the item, that it's excluded from the 30day money back guarantee..It's not to be awkward just to protect a customer that may purchase it once returned.No-one wants to pay full whack for a second hand item.The only way to avoid this with items that have memory is to exclude them.

But go into customer services and explain and don't look for a refund.It looks more genuine if you only seek a credit note.
    good luck.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

They probably will not accept it back, as items can easily be resealed with a shrink-wrap machine.

OP - This is a device with internal memory, which Argos typically excludes from their returns/exchanges policy. TBH I wouldn't even try to bother some poor shop assistant with this, I'd try to sell it straight on Adverts or similar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,914 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Me thinks you bought your Christmas presents waaaay too early! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Del007 wrote: »
    I still have the receipt.
    The receipt probably has the T&Cs on it, and if its excluded. They usually tell/warn you at the till.

Seems weird on the argos site, most ipod touches have the cross symbol to say they are excluded, but several ones do not, they appear identical to others except for colour. This might be just online, but you never know, it could a glitch in their system but i would imagine they would honour it, esp. if your receipt says you can.

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=apple+itouch&authToken=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Afaik Argos are pretty cool about stuff like this. I don't fancy your chances of getting a cash refund but you might get a credit note which is fair enough. You can always use a credit note in argos.

Advertisement