Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs/bars with function rooms?

Options
  • 07-11-2013 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

Hello everyone, I'm new to Waterford and something I'd like to get the ball rolling on is underground music. The performers I have in mind wouldn't be the kind who'd fill the Forum, or even want any money for playing a gig, so I'm looking for somewhere straightforward and practical to use as a venue. Preferably that sells alcohol. Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Grimes bar small venue 40/ 50 people at best.?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Sals bar on the quay is not too bad and has a history of having small underground gigs from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭gw80

Revolution bar, the basement bar is for hire i believe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

The Wander Inn has a function area out the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Deisedarren

The crystal sports and leisure centre has a function hall fits up to 120

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

Philly Grimes usually have some different kinds of music in tge upper functiin room.... frenvh electro crowd there recently. You should pop in and have a chat with Tom (guy with beard) behind the counter

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭NecroSteve

Thanks everyone. I have been talking to Tom in Phil Grimes and he doesn't do gigs there any more. But, Dignity on John St. looks promising! I'll keep ye informed.

Advertisement