Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best option of public transport to Croke Park

Options
  • 07-11-2013 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,322 ✭✭✭✭

Need to get from Herbert Park to Croke Park some day next week, around 08.30.

What are my best options for public transport?

I was thinking of Dart to Connolly but it's still a bit of a walk from there if it's raining.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Skittlebrau

Dart to Pearse or Tara St and then hop onto the Maynooth/Longford/M3 Parkway train and get off at Drumcondra. 5 min walk from there.

It'll depend on the timetables though.

Would avoid Connolly as you might have to change platform there but you won't with Pearse or Tara St.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,322 ✭✭✭✭phog

sugarman wrote: »
    145 to Mountjoy sq, 5min walk from there. Bus is every 10mins.

From Connolly?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,737 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Dublin Bus routes 7 and 8 will take you to Mountjoy Square from Ballsbridge, leaving you a short walk to Croke Park. This is the closest any form of public transport will bring you directly from Ballsbridge.

Route 4 will drop you to Parnell Square West.

145 to Mountjoy sq, 5min walk from there. Bus is every 10mins.

The 145 goes to Heuston Station - not Mountjoy Square.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,322 ✭✭✭✭phog

Thanks for the replies.

• Advertisement

I meant the 46a, I'm used to taking either or the other direction and mixed up the 2.

The 46a doesn't go to Mountjoy Square either (except for a handful of peaktime extras) - it goes to Phoenix Park.

Advertisement