Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bicycle shop in Rush/Lusk?

Options
  • 07-11-2013 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Anyone know of a bicycle repair shop in rush or lusk.internet tells me the nearest is skerries or swords which isnt much good to me.thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Internet would be correct!

Richies or Swords Cycles in Swords and McGoverns(?) in Skerries. None in Rush/Lusk.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I think the Skerries shop is TMG Cycles.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Nodster

a little further up the road is Hugh Devlin's Balbriggan Cycle and Angling Shop (behind the Bracken Court Hotel)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

TMG Skerries, Richies Swords and Hugh Devlins cycling and angling shops are the nearest alright.
    What do you need or what needs done?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭limerick85

back tyre is punctured.the rubber tube on the inside is fine so shouldnt be a huge job.need the bike so cant be wasting time messing around trying it myself so will take it to the pros.i will try the place in skerries,thanks for the help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Buy a set of tyre irons, patches etc. then ask on the cycling forum I'm sure someone on there would be able to help out and show you how to repair a puncture if you ask nicely

limerick85 wrote: »
    back tyre is punctured.the rubber tube on the inside is fine so shouldnt be a huge job
    I'm confused! If the tube is fine, how is it "punctured"? If you mean that there is a hole in the tyre rather than the tube, then you will probably need a new tyre. A tube with heavily compressed air won't survive long in a tyre with a hole.
    limerick85 wrote:
    need the bike so cant be wasting time messing around trying it myself
    Would needing the bike not be an incentive to learn how to repair punctures/replace tubes? What do you do if you puncture miles from home?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Cutlery (especially teaspoons)make fine tyre irons

I'd say you'ld get a puncture repair kit in a supermarket in lusk or rush

Just let the solution dry before sticking the patch on

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭limerick85

wishbone ash-all sorted,not to worry

Cutlery (especially teaspoons)make fine tyre irons.....
    ...but they damage modern aluminium/carbon rims - hence why tyre levers are almost all plastic based now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

FWIW Tesco in Rush sell puncture repair kits.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

...but they damage modern aluminium/carbon rims - hence why tyre levers are almost all plastic based now.

Real cyclists don't use levers...bare hands only! :P

Advertisement