Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relocating feral cats to farm - any advice

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

Bizzum wrote: »
    Your charter allows discussion of vermin control. How can you ban a user when its exactly this he discussed?
    I notice too the charter has vanished, but I know what it says.
    I smell a rat.

I can see the charter now, dunno why I couldn't earlier. And indeed it does allow discussion of pest control.
    So what's the story?

This thread isn't about vermin control, that's why, I imagine. So responses that are tediously off topic and posters who persist in point-scoring, despite being reminded not to do so, are being chastised.

Must Love Everyone, I wonder is a month a little too long to keep them confined? Cats, especially wel-fed neutered cats, might set their homing device after a fortnight, certainly any move we ever made we were able to let our cats out after a week. Of course our cats were not feral, and older, but a month seems a long time(?).

• Registered Users Posts: 17 mustlove everyone

Must Love Everyone, I wonder is a month a little too long to keep them confined? Cats, especially wel-fed neutered cats, might set their homing device after a fortnight, certainly any move we ever made we were able to let our cats out after a week. Of course our cats were not feral, and older, but a month seems a long time(?).

A month is what the rescue have told me and a month is what I've read consistently online. I think it has something to do with them being feral, young and the fact that they will be outside, not being treated as pets, without that kind of interaction, to encourage them to not do a runner. I will ask the woman from the rescue again though, just in case.

Mods feel free to close this thread, so many off-topic responses at this stage and my questions have been answered.

A month is what the rescue have told me and a month is what I've read consistently online. I think it has something to do with them being feral, young and the fact that they will be outside, not being treated as pets, without that kind of interaction, to encourage them to not do a runner. I will ask the woman from the rescue again though, just in case.

Mods feel free to close this thread, so many off-topic responses at this stage and my questions have been answered.

Ah, fair enough, I wish you the very best with them, and well done on rehoming the poor things.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement