Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody move from Eircom Fibre Pilot to eFibre - Problems?

• 07-11-2013 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi Everybody,

Is there anybody out there in took part in the Eircom Fibre Pilot in Wexford or Sandyford who has switched to eFibre?

I did and boy do I regret it! I would be interested if anybody else has done this and is having issues.

I asked to switch because the price plans were cheaper and I felt that in future, no other service providers would support these quirky pockets of Eircom fibre to to home.

I was also told prior to switching that my FTTH would be replaced with FTTC. This was incorrect. Efibre customers in Wexford Town get fibre to the home. Therefore Vodafone Fibre for example won't support it. Looks like my assumption above was correct.

Anyway, I'll try to keep this brief.

It took from May to September for Eircom to figure out what I wanted to do and how to do it. (I understand Eircom are contacting pilot customers regarding VoiP but they haven't contacted me. I was just wanted to increase my speed). Basically, for what I was paying on the pilot (25mbs and 100 Gb download), I could get efibre Unlimited (50mbs and unlimited download). To sum up, I had to sign up for eFibre in the same way, a regular customer i.e. copper landline customer would.

On 30th September, technicians called. They were delighted when they saw the fibre and switched the router. A different model was used in the pilot. I got a text that afternoon saying I had been activated and expected my speed to increase from approx 25 to approx 50. It didn't and hasn't.

Bear in mind, I have fibre to my home, live beside the fibre enabled telephone exchange and have an excellent quality connection according to the technician who tested the line as part of what followed.

eFibre involves customers being migrated to a new account system. I have maintained that I have not being migrated successfully.

I have made numerous phonecalls, e-mails and a formal complaint. The issue has being escalated in various places more times than an escalator. Eircom has more or less admitted that they don't know how to migrate pilot customers from the the old to new billing system.

I used to laugh at the venom people had for Eircom customer service but I now completely understand.

I am now being billed for the last two months on both accounts so I'm paying twice for an incorrect service. I cancelled my direct debit today.

Has anybody else who was involved in the pilot had similar experiences?

Regards

Cian

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Your next step is to make a formal complaint about this issue to Comreg:

http://www.askcomreg.ie/tell_us/complaints.316.LE.asp

Make sure to cc Eircom on it, a complaint to Comreg usually gets them to sort it out very quickly.

Advertisement