Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone done the foot care technician course with ITEC

• 07-11-2013 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'd love to hear from anyone who has done this course - what your experience was like and did you have the huge difficulty I have right now in getting a placement? Any chiropodist I have contacted feels very threatened by competition....

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

To be honest, I wouldn't say it's that they're threatened by competition, but more concerned about the quality of training offered by a distance learning course that can be completed in six months. Chiropody is much more that just cutting people's toe nails and huge care is needed when dealing with diabetic patients in particular, any break in the skin can result in ulcers forming and loss of the limb in extreme cases. I don't see how you can get a thorough understanding of the anatomy of the lower limb, let alone everything else that would be required in six months. There is also no mention of how competence is assessed.

If you are interested in working in this area, NUIG offer a four year, full time degree in podiatry that will give you a recognised qualification and entitle you to registration with the Society of Chirpodists & Podiatrists of Ireland.

Advertisement