Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Options

Comments

Mass Effect 2 and 3 added to the backwards compatibility on Xbox One. Free to download if you have EA Access at least, might also be free if you own them on your xbox account but I dunno. Mass Effect 1 was already on the list. Have them all, and all the DLC available on the store downloading now.

HAPPY N7 DAY EVERYONE!

Never played any of them so looking forward to getting stuck in over Xmas.

EA access is some value for money especially with BC games starting to show up now as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Jaysus signing up for that initiative beta test thing was not easy, better get picked after all that.

how do get past the first briefing vid?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Skerries wrote: »
    how do get past the first briefing vid?

I used the link below

https://beacon.bioware.com/

It's for all future beta's, including Andromeda. Only saw the initiative video series from googling it after you said it there. Looks like there will be 6 vids in total released over time so looks like you just have to wait for the next one?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

just checked my old N7 score, i've been pushed down to 9th in Ireland :/

rotten amount of time spent playing that co-op :D

Big info dump from Game Informer article.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1309671

Some highlights for me below. Seriously cannot wait to play this.

I didn't like being locked out of certain weapons or abilities in the previous games, this seems a bit more open to experiment.
    -Class system is gone; instead you have full access to abilities from all classes, you can mix and match skills from tech, soldier or biotics
    -Goal is to allow players to try different approaches to combat without being locked in at the start
    -However, you can still specialize once you invest enough points into a category of skills, you unlock a profile that can get you bonuses for your particular play style
    -This is where class names like "Vanguard" (invest in combat and biotics) and "Adept" (invest in biotics) resurface
    -Invest in multiple categories and you unlock the "Explorer" profile
    -There is a narrative reason that allows you to reconfigure your points throughout the game so that you can try out multiple gameplay approaches without making multiple characters

I think Witcher 3 is to thank for the below changes.
    Choices
    -No more Paragon/Renegade system
    -They want more nuance and subtlety and giving the player more opportunity to express themselves
    -You can agree or disagree with someone without being punished or cornered into a paragon or renegade choice
    -Dialogue option tones: heart, head, professional and casual.
    -These don't affect you or sway a meter one way or another, rather they allow you freedom without worrying about unintended consequences
    -"Narrative actions" (previously "interrupts) return but rather than giving a "red"=bad or "blue"=good choice, it can say "shoot", leaving more ambiguity to your choice
    -Decisions aren't necessarily obvious "right" or "wrong", there are pros and cons to each and you'll just have to play the game the way you want

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Personally, from the limited game-play we have seen and the overall style (perhaps due to the Frostbite Engine) it looks and feels remarkably like Dragon Age: Inquisition in space. Inquisition was a great game, don't get me wrong, but when you look back to the original Mass Effect and Dragon Age, they were both very different games (apart from their setting). If both franchises are to continue, I would prefer distinctly different styles and approach. I suppose what I am trying to say is, I don't want to be playing 'EA 3rd Person Action RPG 20xx' with a different lick of paint in alternating years.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

This looks unreal, I cannot wait! :D

Looks epic!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,573 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Looks extensive! I'm confused, though maybe it was already addressed elsewhere, but how come there were humans, krogans and turians in what I presume to have been a planet in Andromada? I was under the impression the player's ship was the first visitors from our galaxy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Dishonored meets Mass Effect

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

pixelburp wrote: »
    Looks extensive! I'm confused, though maybe it was already addressed elsewhere, but how come there were humans, krogans and turians in what I presume to have been a planet in Andromada? I was under the impression the player's ship was the first visitors from our galaxy...

Humans, Krogans, Turians, Salarians & Asari are confirmed to have all hopped onto the ships headed to Andromeda.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Think there were 4 Ark ships sent with different races on each.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Think there were 4 Ark ships sent with different races on each.

Ye, but the krogans don't have their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Looks so good I might even..... pre-order it..... :O

Part 2 of the initiation training is live for anyone following it.

https://www.masseffect.com/andromeda-initiative/training-hub

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Jet packs and wrist mounted flame throwers. So I finally get to be Boba Fett but in the Mass Effect universe.
    I like it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Part 2 of the initiation training is live for anyone following it.

https://www.masseffect.com/andromeda-initiative/training-hub

Didn't realise there was a part one. What are they?

Basically 6 videos releases periodically that teach teaches you about your mission. Once you sign up for the training, you can unlock an in game helmet if you watch all 6 parts. No big deal but interesting build up to the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

You can get it all through the same link, also little Starship trooper esc "would you like to know more" links on the video with some codex lite stuff.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Holy shít, that close?! I was expecting December or something.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Busy gaming month in march, zero dawn and this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Any word on a remaster of the first 3 games for the ps4?? I've never played them before but will prob pick Andromeda up. Would like to play the first 3 if possible before it

• Registered Users Posts: 45,879 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

J. Marston wrote: »
    Holy shít, that close?! I was expecting December or something.

I dunno why people kept talking about that kind of time frame when EA/Bioware have been consistent with a Q1 2017 release date for ages now.

I dunno why people kept talking about that kind of time frame when EA/Bioware have been consistent with a Q1 2017 release date for ages now.

The gaming industry as a whole has jaded us all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Yay! Can't wait for Dragon Age: Inquisition in Space! :P

For me, the Mass Effect trilogy is perfect. And, while I hope Andromeda doesn't become the 'Crystal Skull' of a perfect trilogy, I think I will wait for reviews before jumping on the hype-ship. I really must go back and finish Inquisition though...it was a very enjoyable game!

Beta should be out soon so, would love to have a crack at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,879 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

the game play trailer was rubbish - squad selection looks grand, power selection in depth enough etc, but the trailer itself was crap, and quick.

Like the flame use on the shield - just looks like a bad player playing the game.

Also, opening music reminded me A LOT of Star Trek, probably Voyager.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

the game play trailer was rubbish - squad selection looks grand, power selection in depth enough etc, but the trailer itself was crap, and quick.

Like the flame use on the shield - just looks like a bad player playing the game.

Also, opening music reminded me A LOT of Star Trek, probably Voyager.

No no no they did that thing again where all of the voicelines use a generic ingame title. "Pathfinder". Do you mean Inquisitor? Fatebinder? Hero of Kvatch?

I miss Shepard already.

I also wish they made more of an effort to make tech abilities...well, technological. Shooting a wave of fire out of your hands? DnD in space.

Advertisement