Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Options

Comments

Looks like the combat could be a lot of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Zillah wrote: »
    Shooting a wave of fire out of your hands? DnD in space.

I wonder if BioWare have made some sort of DnD game before, possibly involving dragons? The very fact that the developers have admitted that Andromeda is not the beginning of a new trilogy gives me concern. Are they not confident of the end product and the longevity of the franchise being spun-off in the Andromeda galaxy? It really, really, does look like Dragon Age: Inquisition in Space. I hope I'm wrong, but I can't help the feeling that this will get solid 8s and 9s, but ultimately evaporate after 6 months, much like Dragon Age: Inquisition.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

For anyone who plays EA Access on Xbox- how soon before launch do the playable preview demos go u p? I see the European launch date is actually March 23 (21 is for US) so I'm just curious...

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

It really, really, does look like Dragon Age: Inquisition in Space. I hope I'm wrong, but I can't help the feeling that this will get solid 8s and 9s, but ultimately evaporate after 6 months, much like Dragon Age: Inquisition.

Unfortunately that's the vibe I'm getting just from the trailer alone, Dragons Age Inquisition was such a mediocre game with theses big open worlds but practically noting to do for hours and hours with some interesting missions thrown in between.

Hopefully Bioware were listening to the fans as apposed to the Critics who weren't nearly as harsh on DA:I when it first came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

i played through the entire game (DA:I) again recently and it really is dull as dishwater. They got an awful lot right but so much more wrong about it, especially the multiplayer. That was just a travesty compared to ME3's co-op.

Have to say i'm not as hyped for this release as i was for ME3 at all.

And yeah, i was one of those people who loved everything about Mass Effect, even ME3 and it's ending/s.

What's really bugging me is the stupid release dates though, i thought we were passed all of this staggered business. If anything, this is going to ruin the game for everyone that's not in America with spoilers being posted everywhere for the few days that it's out. It'll also to a lesser extent promote piracy and false proxy buying.

But yeah, i'm not getting the epic hype sense for this game like i used to with Mass Effect. I just hope i'm wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Flamethrower tech abilities were added in ME3.

Don't think anyone was giving about them then.

Mass Effect is a Star Wars game they couldn't get the IP rights for.
    Of course it has space magic. Haven't you been paying attention?

Why are people complaining about the fire shooting out of hands when ME also has people that can throw sh1t around with their minds? And I thought DA:I was a pretty decent game. Better than DA:2, but not a patch on Origins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

i played through the entire game (DA:I) again recently and it really is dull as dishwater. They got an awful lot right but so much more wrong about it, especially the multiplayer. That was just a travesty compared to ME3's co-op.

Same, bought Inquisition to play the co-op with a friend but gave up after 1 game. Playing as a warrior type who spent the whole match running towards enemies that died to mage attacks before I got to them.

Must have spent over 60 hours in ME3 MP though, far far better than the main game (which I liked for the most part). Heres hoping Andromeda has a good mode stuck onto it, and keeps up the ME3 tradition of free maps and game modes and minimal need to buy micro-transactions (though daddy EA will have words about that I can imagine).

something else about that gameplay trailer, i know.. it's gameplay, but it didn't have a single facial animation in it, not one.

Mass-Effect-Andromeda-Ryder-facial-animations.png

in glorious 4k.. fcuk that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Maybe it's just a really awkward standoff?

• Advertisement

lol, that it most certainly is :D

have ye not seen it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOIzH6UcoW4&t=90

• Registered Users Posts: 45,879 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Bioware have claimed that (type of thing) will be cleaned up in the final version of the game.

Claimed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I really really want to get excited about ME: Andromeda, but I just can't.

I've watched the trailers and all the hype, and I'm just not seeing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Mass Effect has never been on the cutting edge from a technical standpoint.

As long as it runs properly I don't really give a ****e what it looks like.

I was initially disappointed during the opening scene of ME3 because everything still looked ****, but I got over it.

Gameplay is the cornerstone, with the world building and art department mostly responsible for bringing it to life.
    Truthfully, most of the dialogue is average at best, and the plot isn't particularly interesting after ME1.

RPGs get away with a lot more because the mechanics pull you into the game so you give it a pass on aspects that are more important in non-interactive media.

when the face animations look worse than they did in ME3 and DAI, something is seriously wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I really really want to get excited about ME: Andromeda, but I just can't.

I've watched the trailers and all the hype, and I'm just not seeing it.

This is me.

I will buy it. But I'm so jaded

This is me.

I'll buy it several months after it comes out most likely. Certainly won't be a day 1 purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I'll buy it several months after it comes out most likely. Certainly won't be a day 1 purchase.

I might pre-order it..... But I am just not as hype as I thought I would be

I blame other posters on Boards....

Cynical f**kers ye!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I was always a little dubious about tech abilities being essentially just magic, but they at least made an attempt to make them techy, with robot overloads and shield negating powers, that sort of stuff. Cryo and fire attacks were my least favourite, tech-wise. I'm ok with sort-of magic abilities in scifi, especially when they have some sort of sciency rationalisation, like Element Zero/biotics. Make those the space-wizards, with tech abilities being, well, tech.

Fire shooting out of your hands is just far too much into the Level 2 wizard spell area for me.
    lol, that it most certainly is :D

have ye not seen it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOIzH6UcoW4&t=90

Holy shit that is bad.

I might pre-order it..... But I am just not as hype as I thought I would be

I blame other posters on Boards....

Cynical f**kers ye!!! :pac:

qrCCuex.jpg?1

• Advertisement

funny sidenote, that new southpark game has preorder bonuses :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

This is me.

Thinking the same way.

Completely fed up and bored of pre-ordering. Unless I'm buying collectors edition.

Got burned before with other games.

I'm slowly learning, I didn't cave in and buy No Man's Sky, something I'm glad about.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I dunno lads, I'm hyped as **** for this and will be getting it Day 1.

i'll be getting this day 1, so pre-order is more likely. Will probably over pay on PSN too so that I don't have arse around with a stupid disc. Yep, lazy.

I'm going to preorder it and get it Day 1. It looks great and I'm thoroughly excited about being in the ME universe again.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Month 1 purchase; just want to make sure the PC port is good before putting money down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

i'll be getting this day 1, so pre-order is more likely. Will probably over pay on PSN too so that I don't have arse around with a stupid disc. Yep, lazy.

Conovar pulls a Trump & that's €1.2 billion wiped off of Parcel Motel's value.

EA Access members will get to play this early, exact timing has not been announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

EA Access members will get to play this early, exact timing has not been announced.

And no season pass.....something is strange about that. There is definitely a catch.

• Advertisement

ERG89 wrote: »
    And no season pass.....something is strange about that. There is definitely a catch.

Don't think there was a season pass for the previous titles, each DLC had to be bought separately. Did Dragon Age: Inquisition have a season pass?

Advertisement