Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Don't think there was a season pass for the previous titles, each DLC had to be bought separately. Did Dragon Age: Inquisition have a season pass?

It did indeed

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

As above, it'll just be 2-4 individually priced DLC, that won't change in price for the next 15 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

At least the preorder doesn't contain any squad members that have a huge part in the lore of the story. Although I really want that preorder pet monkey...

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Kiith wrote: »
    As above, it'll just be 2-4 individually priced DLC, that won't change in price for the next 15 years.

I actually got DA:I GOTY edition for €5 or some such over the holidays, so it was kinda all the DLC for that much :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

tempest-and-nomad

3rd Andromeda initiative training video is up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

god their focusing big time on that nomad vehicle! deployable resource detection yoke feels like resource scanning but having to actually drive around as opposed to the mini game, that could be crap.

havnt really been keeping up on bioware news but didnt a lot of their senior talent leave lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

yeah, about a year ago they lost a lot of their senior devs and writers - most of them quit apparently. Some even quit the game industry entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Varik wrote: »
    tempest-and-nomad

At the end of that video it said "Not actual gameplay" Are they for real or am i missing something? Maybe the flying around isn't gameplay but for sure the sand buggy must be. Or was it not in game footage and all CGI?

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

EA Access members will get to play this early, exact timing has not been announced.

This is standard for all EA titles, it's 5 days before public release up to a maximum of 10 hours gameplay.

Varik wrote: »
    tempest-and-nomad

After the review of the inside of the ship, it looks exactly like DA:I innnnnn spppppppaaaaaaacccccccceeeeeeeeee

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Shougeki wrote: »
    After the review of the inside of the ship, it looks exactly like DA:I innnnnn spppppppaaaaaaacccccccceeeeeeeeee
    Zero-Cool wrote: »

more and more like DA:Spacequisitioneffect

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Massive 10 hour demo coming out for Origin Access subscribers, 5 days before the game release.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-01-23-10-hour-trial-of-mass-effect-andromeda-out-five-days-before-launch
    EA plans to release a 10-hour trial of Mass Effect: Andromeda for Access subscribers.

The hefty trial of BioWare's sci-fi action RPG comes out on 16th March - five days before the full game comes out on 21st March in the US (it's 23rd in the UK). It'll surely let you make a decent dent in the game before it launches proper.

Access is EA's subscription. You get early access trials such as this one as well as a number of games to download from the Vault (EA recently added Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3 to the Vault). Origin Access is available on PC via Origin, and EA Access is available on Xbox One only.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's a pretty big seller for Origin Access. Getting the game 5 days early is more then enough to get me to sign up.

I'm assuming saves will carry over from the trial, or it'd be pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

That's my Paddys Day sorted so! :D

Kiith wrote: »
    It's a pretty big seller for Origin Access. Getting the game 5 days early is more then enough to get me to sign up.

I'm assuming saves will carry over from the trial, or it'd be pointless.

If it works the same way as EA Access on Xbox it's really just the full game with a time limit that gets the limit lifted on launch, you can even use the install with a disc copy of the game without having to reinstall it. Achievements ect. can evne be unlocked during the trial.

CD keys are selling 30 day codes for EA access for €2.29 should folks not need a full years sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

The good news being 10 hours is enough time for me to gauge all yer feedback and decide if it is indeed worth Buying Day 1 or Pre-ordering or waiting till it drops in price :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Man, I wish PS has EA Access! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Had no interest in this after Ms3 which I never finished and no intention of, but forgot to unsub my ea access after Bf1 so will give this a go.

• Advertisement

guess it will give us a good indication of how the game is before release

guess it will give us a good indication of how the game is before release

With game releases being borked by not allowing reviews and such nonsense, they obviously have confidence in their product, and that letting all those people essentially make up their minds before grabbin the cash is a worthwhile endeavor.

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Shougeki wrote: »
    With game releases being borked by not allowing reviews and such nonsense, they obviously have confidence in their product, and that letting all those people essentially make up their minds before grabbin the cash is a worthwhile endeavor.

Don't EA do this for all their titles? They do for Xbox anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Honestly,

I'm not sure if I'm feeling it.

Honestly,

I'm not sure if I'm feeling it.

same, none of the characters seemed any good from the little bit in that trailer, main guy seemed far too care free as well as if the whole thing was a big joke. "ive got a krogan" so what :confused: unless its wrex or grunt

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

same, none of the characters seemed any good from the little bit in that trailer, main guy seemed far too care free as well as if the whole thing was a big joke. "ive got a krogan" so what :confused: unless its wrex or grunt

The characters just scream generic to me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Anybody else getting a Strek Trek reboot feel about that trailer?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Venom wrote: »

They also scream ugly. Seriously they look like 3D renders of tumblr drawings.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Venom wrote: »

In fairness, it's a trailer of what should be a 20+ hour game, there's no way to have any characters personality come across in such a short time, particularly when there's no history with the characters.

For comparison, go all the way back to the original Mass Effect trailer:

If I didn't know those characters from pouring hours into the series, I'd say that they were as generic as the ones in the latest trailer.

Advertisement