Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Whoa! Didn't realize this was out so soon, 4 days no less! This pleases me as i purged about 80% of my backlog of video games and im currently looking for a game to really sink my teeth into. Feels like there is a lack of hype/marketing surrounding the game. Story trailers with epic music that sort of thing, unless im just missing them. Probably better off not looking at such trailers anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

4 weeks, not days :)

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    4 weeks, not days :)

Damn, it all makes sense now...:( Guess ill have to buy X-Com 2 or something :(

When is it actually released? Google says 21 March, Amazon says 23 March.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

When is it actually released? Google says 21 March, Amazon says 23 March.

US 21st March, UK & Europe 23rd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

it's actually 11pm on the 22nd if you check origin
    Release date:
    March 22, 2017 11:00 PM GMT

I know not everyone has a pc, but that's their official release time. Ye might get a midnight sale somewhere if you need a physical copy

Have preordered it on Amazon, but tempted to try and buy it in a bricks and mortar shop, if I can find a decent enough offer. Also will be booking a long weekend off work to give myself ample time to play it.

Yup.

Tremendously excited.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Same as myself. Took the Friday off, so will give it a good run through over the weekend. And digital all the way, so i can get it unlocked asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Kiith wrote: »
    Same as myself. Took the Friday off, so will give it a good run through over the weekend. And digital all the way, so i can get it unlocked asap.

Just asked my work mate, and turns out he is off the Fri, and one of us needs to cover. Asked him if he really needed to see his brother..... :P
    Might take the Monday off. Big bag of cans and a weekend of DA:I-in-sppppppaaaaaacccccccceeeeeeee

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Watched the second part of that gameplay series they've out, profiles have some additions more than just bonus damage and such. They've a few abilities more so than we've seen as the screen was scrolled through, based on how many points you've in each skill category and then they rank up as you add more points to that skill.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Eurogamer had four hours with the game, from which they came back impressed/hopeful. Don't think there are any spoilers in there, and they talk about how the animation is fixed from the trailer.

See here.

EDIT: Seems like all the previews are coming out now, RPS says it's looking good. It's slightly more spoilery in my opinion, but not too much, after all, this is just the first few hours of a game I'm expecting to have dozens of hours.

They say it's not just da in space, people say it is da in space. I never got into da so don't know what people are on about but why only now the comparisons?

Also....Natalie Dormer

16903455_1478533192170553_2622110647641538305_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoibCJ9&oh=b93297dbfba3211fe279cc1598d2c88d&oe=59466A5A

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

They have Gethin Anthony as well, who was renly in game of thrones.

Don't know his character, sounded like Gil.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

They say it's not just da in space, people say it is da in space. I never got into da so don't know what people are on about but why only now the comparisons?

Also....Natalie Dormer

This will be my only chance to romance Natalie Dormer.

Sold.

Just expecting it to be very similar to DA:I, but I enjoyed that :P

they've a new video on combat here

and they're gonna have one on exploration after that - i know some reviews are saying the rubber face animations have been fixed in the preview builds, but yeah, lol i'd like to see it in the bioware videos before i go ahead and believe it.

Still, at least this looks better than their last video and has some actual detail on the combat rather than amagadpewpew i has a korgan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Do we get to customise our characters in this one?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

The problem with good implementation of open-world systems is partially down to a general issue with giving players too much choice.

I fear that's what's happening with this skills system, the more I hear about it.
    I think they've broken down too many barriers between the classes and playstyles and seem to give too much freedom of character while too little freedom within combat (3 skills at a time).

I'm still hugely excited and reserving my judgement to see what it's like when it comes out, but in general I don't like the movement away from stratification, linearity and similar ideas in games.

Freedom is overrated.

Gamesradar have a good preview up on their page. Polygon have one of the ****test articles I've ever read. They only got 90 minutes play time (weird as other people got 4-5 hours) . basically he complains he didn't have enough time with the game and found it disorientating that it plays different from the previous games.

• Advertisement

Gamesradar have a good preview up on their page. Polygon have one of the ****test articles I've ever read. They only got 90 minutes play time (weird as other people got 4-5 hours) . basically he complains he didn't have enough time with the game and found it disorientating that it plays different from the previous games.

Polygon should be on your web browsers blocked website list should you accidentally click on a link that brings you there

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

PcGamer said it feels like the first one, with a far superior combat system. Sounds good to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Any word on what the MAKO was like?

Gbear wrote: »
    too much freedom of character while too little freedom within combat (3 skills at a time).

Seems to be more like a "group of 3" as you can have 12 favourites, and swap as you need.

Thargor wrote: »
    Any word on what the MAKO was like?

hard to tell with the preview build, most of the rags are barely even mentioning it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Any of previews mention what they think of the world?

Deva said the smallest Andromeda zone (planet?) Is bigger than the whole of DA:I but they said that has to do with the Nomad travelling faster than a horse. Previews said the worlds they saw looked very nice with dynamic cover and verticality. Devs said early on, they had tons more planets that you could land on and explore (like no mans sky) but they decided to change it in favour of more focused worlds with meaningful side missions.

Devs said they went with quality over quantity but it still sounds huge. Producer laughed at a media guy when he said he had platinum trophy's in the last 3 games as it will take a lot longer to get in this one. Hopefully that doesn't mean any b tedious multiplayer trophies.

a month early?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

a month early?

Well that is normal. The idea of shipping & manufacturing a game on less notice is crazy.
    I was concerned when I was watching IGN Unlocked that the demo they played last week had performance issues & crashed. Very unlike press to openly mention that in a game due in 4 weeks. Hopefully it was an old build but it tempered my expectations

Advertisement