Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

ERG89 wrote: »
    Well that is normal. The idea of shipping & manufacturing a game on less notice is crazy.
    I was concerned when I was watching IGN Unlocked that the demo they played last week had performance issues & crashed. Very unlike press to openly mention that in a game due in 4 weeks. Hopefully it was an old build but it tempered my expectations

yeah, that's what i was thinking, a lot of those reviewers had odd times to test the build too, apparently polygon only had an hour and half, while others had 3, 4 and 5 hours. Not sure why they couldn't just send out the gold build to these guys for a proper review instead of essentially handicapping them and themselves with an inferior test build to review.

An awful lot about the development and bioware's hype machine isn't making a lot of sense.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Well that is normal. The idea of shipping & manufacturing a game on less notice is crazy.
    I was concerned when I was watching IGN Unlocked that the demo they played last week had performance issues & crashed. Very unlike press to openly mention that in a game due in 4 weeks. Hopefully it was an old build but it tempered my expectations

In general, the last builds are feature complete, but riddled with bugs and performance issues. Polishing and optimisation is the main thing that's going on in the developer, in fact, despite this "going gold", that's going to continue until they push out a day one patch.
    yeah, that's what i was thinking, a lot of those reviewers had odd times to test the build too, apparently polygon only had an hour and half, while others had 3, 4 and 5 hours. Not sure why they couldn't just send out the gold build to these guys for a proper review instead of essentially handicapping them and themselves with an inferior test build to review.

An awful lot about the development and bioware's hype machine isn't making a lot of sense.

The press junkets aren't just about the game though, they're also about making the developers available for interviews. They'll also have someone on hand to explain away any issues with the game, i.e. performance issues are being worked on, etc.

ME:A is being marketed weird though, you're right on that one. It's just totally passing people by, there's very little excitement about it all. To me, that's a total failure on the part of the PR department.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

>implying Polygon won't base their full review on that segment

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

If anybody is looking to preorder physical copy of standard edition, thegamecollection is selling it for £39.85 (€46.81) on all platforms

http://www.thegamecollection.net/games/mass-effect-andromeda/

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

I went digital this time around and paid €60 using this website if anyone's interested, instant codes and a pretty decent discount

https://www.press-start.com/en/games/playstation/ .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

I went digital this time around and paid €60 using this website if anyone's interested, instant codes and a pretty decent discount

https://www.press-start.com/en/games/playstation/ .

About €40 here:
    http://www.allkeyshop.com/blog/buy-mass-effect-andromeda-cd-key-compare-prices/
    http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/mass-effect-andromeda-pc-origin-cd-key

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Gonna get it digitally, might trade in a game for some psn credit or will use that site above. I had a look at the preorder ps4 theme and it's a bit shyte. You;de make a better one from the new feature coming out where you can make your own backgrounds from screenshots.

Any word on if Quarian's will be in this? Basically, the only race I'm interested in returning.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Gonna get it digitally, might trade in a game for some psn credit or will use that site above. I had a look at the preorder ps4 theme and it's a bit shyte. You;de make a better one from the new feature coming out where you can make your own backgrounds from screenshots.

Any word on if Quarian's will be in this? Basically, the only race I'm interested in returning.

Nope, the only confirmed ones from the trilogy are, Asari, Krogan, Turian, Salarian and Human.

I'm guessing that there's a spoiler hiding the Quarians due to their ominous omittance. That or they've really misread how their fans loved that race.

Yeah really hoping for "Surprise, Quarians are in after all" moment. And if somehow Tali can magically be in the game, that'd be swell.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

So many cool games released in the first 3 months of this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yeah really hoping for "Surprise, Quarians are in after all" moment. And if somehow Tali can magically be in the game, that'd be swell.

I bet Liara will be in it, in some form. She was about 100 in the trilogy and Asari can live to 1000-ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Would you need to have played the other ME games to get into this one.....I played the very 1st one moons ago but thats it.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Got a list? :P
    Im looking forward to ME:A, Divinity Original Sin 2 and Tides of Numeria. Just wondering if I missed anything :P

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Would you need to have played the other ME games to get into this one.....I played the very 1st one moons ago but thats it.

Nope, in this, you head off to a new galaxy. Only thing that will crossover are already existing races and factions. Saying that, you should try fit in at least Mass Effect 2 as it is just an epic game.

Yakuza 0 is sitting at my Game of the Year atm. Resident Evil 7 has dropped out of the race completely solely for the fact that all the DLC released should have been unlockable in the base game. If it did, it would definitely be a contender. I'm sure ME:A is gonna be up there as well. I know other people will be saying Horizon, Nioh and maybe For Honor & Ghost Recon will be in the running as well. Good start to the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

J. Marston wrote: »
    I bet Liara will be in it, in some form. She was about 100 in the trilogy and Asari can live to 1000-ish.

That's what I was thinking. Surely (i'm putting in spoiler tags here for some reason even though they're so not necessary...)
    The Shadow Broker
    would have an interest in a program like this??

TBH if she is in it I will just be so, so, so happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,882 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The story starts before mass effect 3 and Liara plays a major part in 3 so she can't be in this apart from the very beginning. Once the mission leaves our galaxy she can't be involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

That's what I was thinking. Surely (i'm putting in spoiler tags here for some reason even though they're so not necessary...)
    The Shadow Broker
    would have an interest in a program like this??

TBH if she is in it I will just be so, so, so happy.

So will I. Any callback to the trilogy will make me happy. Don't care if it's considered fan service-y.

Possible Quarian spoilers for Andromeda:
    "You should look for them..." Mass Effect Andromeda producer Fabrice Condominas told me, "but I can't answer. If you're really interested to know what happened to the quarians - where they are - be careful of the choices you make and pay attention..."

Lots of info here gathered from media previews and twitter exchanges. Avoid if you are going in blind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Nope, the only confirmed ones from the trilogy are, Asari, Krogan, Turian, Salarian and Human.

I'm guessing that there's a spoiler hiding the Quarians due to their ominous omittance. That or they've really misread how their fans loved that race.

Krogan would be in the same space boat as the Quarians or any other species, it's only the 4 superpowers in the milky way who were the main drivers behind this.

There's no Krogan ark.

Be interesting if you met quarians who'd left the fleet and milky way long before humanities first contact.

I'd love to go digital download for this - but it took 28 hours to download Fallout 4 to my PS4, so I'm most definitely not going to do that again ..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I'd love to go digital download for this - but it took 28 hours to download Fallout 4 to my PS4, so I'm most definitely not going to do that again ..

Pre-load?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Shougeki wrote: »
    Got a list? :P
    Im looking forward to ME:A, Divinity Original Sin 2 and Tides of Numeria. Just wondering if I missed anything :P

Too many too list at this point :-|

Varik wrote: »
    Krogan would be in the same space boat as the Quarians or any other species, it's only the 4 superpowers in the milky way who were the main drivers behind this.

There's no Krogan ark.

Be interesting if you met quarians who'd left the fleet and milky way long before humanities first contact.

There are Krogan teammate/s and NPC's in Andromeda. Same with the Salarians, there's at least one Salarian NPC (Pilot of the new ship). Both of those are confirmed, as is the Asari obviously, and the Turian female teammate confirms the Turians, and females as well as males at that.

I'd guess that the ark's aren't strictly for one species only.

The first 12 seconds and i'm still seeing those really hilariously bad animations. :pac:

Hope that's just the preview build and not the gold one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

The first 12 seconds and i'm still seeing those really hilariously bad animations. :pac:

Hope that's just the preview build and not the gold one.

Wouldn't expect them to get any better, to be honest, they've got all the hallmarks of the standard Mass Effect animations.

More concerning though, is the total weirdness of the female character. She just looks wrong, something weird about her face or something.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Wouldn't expect them to get any better, to be honest, they've got all the hallmarks of the standard Mass Effect animations.

More concerning though, is the total weirdness of the female character. She just looks wrong, something weird about her face or something.

Yeah i'm not expecting them to get any better, why i haven't preordered.

I've seen better animations in Me2 and 3, and ye know even when they were bad, they were hidden cleverly enough to not make me break my ****e laughing at how bad they were :D

Need a balaclava mod for those scenes, jaysis lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

CatInABox wrote: »

There's alot of debate the female player character was made less attractive on purpose.

http://www.oneangrygamer.net/2017/02/gamers-feel-mass-effect-andromeda-characters-are-ugly/24519/

Advertisement