Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,792 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I actually preferred the combat in ME3 to that of ME2 (one of my all time favourite games). It was more open, Shepard felt more agile and enemies would actually try to flank you as opposed to just waiting for you to break cover.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

the co-op multiplayer in ME3 is honestly one of the overlooked gems of the franchise too.

I know i'm a fan of the franchise and hell i even liked the ending and all the dlc's but i think the game itself does get a bad rap that's not really warranted. I have faith in bioware to release a game worthy of the ME universe in the next installment. it just wont have Shepard, that in itself is testament to the trilogy.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Loved all Mass Effects. Would love a Prequel where you are a Prothean Trying to stop their Catalyst, or a future series where different characters try to stop the next one. Can't Wait to play it on Next Gen Consoles too!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Klair88 wrote: »
    Loved all Mass Effects. Would love a Prequel where you are a Prothean Trying to stop their Catalyst, or a future series where different characters try to stop the next one.
    Have you played 3? Nothing in the future will continue on with stuff from the trilogy, and if it was the Protheans, while it might illuminate certain areas, there wouldn't be the suspense. It'd be perfect for a movie or something, but as a game, it'd be redundant.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I thought ME3 was a fantastic game. I also loved ME2. I fking despised ME1 though, it was one of the most boring and unengaging hour of a game I've ever played - I just couldn't play any more of it, it was utter horse sht for that first hour. I've spoken to some of the ME team's senior people about it when I was at an EA event and getting my first look at ME3.

I think the whingers about the ending of 3 that time should all have been shot into the sun, we'd have a much better world for it. These are the same dickheads who now won't play the game unless they can be Shepard? Please do us all a favour and gather yourselves together in some place with high walls that we can easily fill with water... :p

Anyway, as mentioned, the Multiplayer, which so many people had pre-judged to be a tacked on waste of time (myself included!) was one of the most genuinely enjoyable game play I had for 2012.

I think we've got the opportunity to see some really interesting stories being told and played out in game format with this universe.

I'd personally love to see an episodic based series - Tales from the Citadel or something that would take on a 3 or 4 hour chunk of game every couple of months based on each of the major races and some of their "defining moments" in history - the release of the genophage, the first contact of humans and turians, etc. All of which could hint and tie back to a bigger story that brought about the forming of the first council at the Citadel or something like that. I'd love to see the "space opera" part back in full swing.

*hopeful excitement* I also really want to play as an elcor.
    :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,792 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Shiminay wrote: »
    I think the whingers about the ending of 3 that time should all have been shot into the sun, we'd have a much better world for it. These are the same dickheads who now won't play the game unless they can be Shepard? Please do us all a favour and gather yourselves together in some place with high walls that we can easily fill with water... :p

Seriously? Every criticism about the ending is completely justified in my opinion. It wasn't just a bad ending, it seemed to be tacked on to get the game out quicker. The DLC was just a frail attempt to make up for it.
    I think moving away from the Shepard character could only be a good thing. It would allow for a fresh take on the franchise and the wonderful world Bioware created.
    Anyway, as mentioned, the Multiplayer, which so many people had pre-judged to be a tacked on waste of time (myself included!) was one of the most genuinely enjoyable game play I had for 2012.
    :pac:

Yeah, I had doubts there but I've sank so much time into it, I'm shocked. It could have done with some variation but was nicely explained by the story.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Ive lost a couple of days to the Mass Effect wiki since I spotted this thread:

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Mass_Effect_Wiki

Great series, one of the best of all time. are the paperbacks any good does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I wonder will the next ME use save files from the original trilogy if some old characters make an appearance and it's based during Shep's timeline.

I play Mass Effect again as I felt the story was wrapped up and was one of my favourite gaming series ever but I'm mad to play Citadel DLC. Lost all my save files and now tempted to get the ME Trilogy from PSN store for 20 euro

EDIT: Actually, have ME 3 from PS+ so might just download, play through again and get Citadel and finally watch that updated ending.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

sheehy83 wrote: »
    EDIT: Actually, have ME 3 from PS+ so might just download, play through again and get Citadel and finally watch that updated ending.

It's worth playing just for the Citadel dlc alone. It really is a brilliant, and give you a proper send off for the crew.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I wonder will the next ME use save files from the original trilogy if some old characters make an appearance and it's based during Shep's timeline.

I play Mass Effect again as I felt the story was wrapped up and was one of my favourite gaming series ever but I'm mad to play Citadel DLC. Lost all my save files and now tempted to get the ME Trilogy from PSN store for 20 euro

Almost certainly not. I can't see it being available on last gen consoles (it won't be released for at least 2 years according to the devs) and they've repeatedly said they're looking for a clean break from the Shepard storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

The one thing I hate about the Mass Effect Trilogy is I'll never be able to play it for the First time ever again :(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Actually replaying it now. Unfortunately the 1st one has aged a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

.ak wrote: »
    I thought the same watching someone play it a while back, the movement is so stiff and awkward, almost resident evil bad, which I had no recollection of at all, still a great game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,874 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Thargor wrote: »
    I thought the same watching someone play it a while back, the movement is so stiff and awkward, almost resident evil bad, which I had no recollection of at all, still a great game though.

Readjusting to ME1 after 2 and 3 is jarring, no question. I found when i started replaying it, it would be horrible to play - but after an hour or two it is fine, and the game mechanics don't bother me.

Really wish the talk of a next gen trilogy remake had been true, would have bought them instantly. :(

.ak wrote: »

I never played 1, back in the day i only had PS3 and you couldn't get it on that, had to make do with the comic-decision intro thing. I don't feel like i missed much

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Cormac... wrote: »
    I never played 1, back in the day i only had PS3 and you couldn't get it on that, had to make do with the comic-decision intro thing. I don't feel like i missed much

I might just skip it, as the gameplay and loading is a bit tedious. At the time though it was the best thing ever.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I showed a friend a trailer for it recently, to try and convince him to buy it. And now i want to play through it again. God damn it.

If you're playing it on the pc, get the HD texture pack. Makes it look so much better.

Now I never finished 3 (going back to it this weekend), got interrupted on my play through before by some major release but
    That bit where the salarian goes in the lift :(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭carti2k

Mass Effect 2 and 3 - best games. I will buy ME4 for sure, any signs that commandor Shepard will back? Or we will get new story without him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

carti2k wrote: »
    Mass Effect 2 and 3 - best games. I will buy ME4 for sure, any signs that commandor Shepard will back? Or we will get new story without him?

:mad:

carti2k wrote: »

I thought so too, but no, Bioware specifically said Shepard wont get a look in, although there might be "A familiar face or two" from the trilogy that make an appearance.
    Sounds like Anderson, Udina, and/or Admiral Hackett to me.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Don't the Asari have a very long lifespan? I'd say we'll see a familiar face there.

could be but it's been alluded to that the story will take place within shepard's lifetime too, so that could leave it open to even more potential names showing up. I'm just going with the regulars above as the little information there is, points towards an N7 operative being the protagonist which would be strictly an alliance soldier. Afaik they don't have non-humans in it yet

Don't the Asari have a very long lifespan? I'd say we'll see a familiar face there.

Asari and Krogan have lifespans of about 1,000 years. I agree with you. Bioware have said they want to move away from Shepard which I think can only be a good thing after Mass Effect 3. Hopefully they'll expand on the morality system as well.

I reckon DA:I will give them a good indication of what's working for gamers and what isnt in regards to morality choices

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Asari and Krogan have lifespans of about 1,000 years. I agree with you. Bioware have said they want to move away from Shepard which I think can only be a good thing after Mass Effect 3. Hopefully they'll expand on the morality system as well.

All Krogan tend to die at some point but I'm not sure are we ever told what their natural life span is.

There's Krogan in the series who were arround in the Krogan rebellions (Okeer), which I think were well over a thousand years beforehand).

I reckon DA:I will give them a good indication of what's working for gamers and what isnt in regards to morality choices

It'd be nice to have a wider choice than simply being a good person doing good things or a bad person doing good things.
    Gbear wrote: »
    All Krogan tend to die at some point but I'm not sure are we ever told what their natural life span is.

There's Krogan in the series who were arround in the Krogan rebellions (Okeer), which I think were well over a thousand years beforehand).

There's an Asari in ME2 who states that they live for many hundreds of years. Okeer was meant to be well over 1,000 as you say. I read that on the wiki as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Thargor wrote: »
    Ive lost a couple of days to the Mass Effect wiki since I spotted this thread:

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Mass_Effect_Wiki

Great series, one of the best of all time. are the paperbacks any good does anyone know?

some are good, one is extremely terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭carti2k

Of course it would be nice if we see some familiar faces in ME4, but if they put plot in far future, there will be no Shepard :(

Advertisement