Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

No idea, but it'd fix a lot of the problems I have with the game if there were.
    At least potentially.

Wait, back the fvck up - you've been complaining about the faces, but didn't know you can change them?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Wait, back the fvck up - you've been complaining about the faces, but didn't know you can change them?

I don't understand your attitude here. Maybe you can explain your hostile approach asking me this question.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

This has deffo pulled me back in. By the end of the third one I think I had had enough.
    1st one is in my 10 ten games ever.

same as tbh, while it wasnt as pretty and the combat was much better in 2+3 it actually felt like a massive open universe to explore unlike 2+3. The mako wasnt perfect and the lack of variety with planets and things to do on them was the problem imo

exploration video is up

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

The NOMAD tearing across the dunes was beaytiful but Im seriously wary of this the more I see. Mass Effect kind of needs an emergency/tight plot to keep you interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Thargor wrote: »
    The NOMAD tearing across the dunes was beaytiful but Im seriously wary of this the more I see. Mass Effect kind of needs an emergency/tight plot to keep you interested.

Definitely. A large part of what made the trilogy so great was the impending doom of the Reapers. I'm excited for this but I'm not sure how invested I'll get in a plot about finding a new home planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I didn't like the sound of the base-building kind of stuff from DA: I or whatever you'd call it and I don't know if this is mechanically similar, but all that stuff sounds reasonable to me.

What's important is how it directly impacts on the minute-to-minute gameplay.

If it's another high-score system like galactic readiness then it can **** off.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

exploration video is up

The Krogan don't trust anyone from the initiative, especially the pathfinder.

What!

Why are there so many mercenary, pirates, and Krogan "separatist", did no one put any thought into who they brought with them.

That looks more promising, but walking away from your sister who's just been in an accident right beside you, without checking on her first.. bosh'tet! :D

Fem Ryder not shown, again.. lol
    It actually wouldn't surprise me if they drop the female ryder character entirely til the animations for her are fixed.

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    The Krogan don't trust anyone from the initiative, especially the pathfinder.

What!

Why are there so many mercenary, pirates, and Krogan "separatist", did no one put any thought into who they brought with them.

No idea, unless the ark the ryders are on wasn't the first, or was delayed during it's voyage somehow.

Could also be a -6 months later- type deal after completing a part of the story or something.

That looks more promising, but walking away from your sister who's just been in an accident right beside you, without checking on her first.. bosh'tet! :D

Fem Ryder not shown, again.. lol
    It actually wouldn't surprise me if they drop the female ryder character entirely til the animations for her are fixed.

I'd imagine that would cause a bit of a shítstorm!

"Female protagonist for new Mass Effect game dropped because she looks weird."

unrealistically weird too, her face in the dialogue scenes is dreadfully animated, but her body is all out of proportion too, unless she's supposed to look atrophied from the neck down. Ye can see both for yourself in the IGN Peebee loyalty mission video they did a few days back. She looks like an insect here xD

I dunno, maybe IGN will get to show another glimpse with Sarah Ryder instead of Bro before it's launched. I wouldn't count on it though

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I thought that exploration vid was class! Really can't wait for this.

Class seeing the cluster in real time from the Tempest

FlNtkUi.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

"100's of planets and a handful you can land on" what does that mean, 3-4 planets or 10-15 planets ffs so god damn ambiguous

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

"100's of planets and a handful you can land on" what does that mean, 3-4 planets or 10-15 planets ffs so god damn ambiguous

I was wondering that myself, glad someone else picked up on it too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

A handful of planets? Hope he's got big hands.

100's you can ME2 scan and a handful of hub worlds?

Final Andromeda initiative video

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Seems to be a lot of pessimism around the game but everything I've seen and read looks good and I'm hyped.

All 6 done, nice shiny helmet for me. Actually that sounds a bit weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,883 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cina wrote: »
    Seems to be a lot of pessimism around the game but everything I've seen and read looks good and I'm hyped.

MyNameIsByf seems to absolutely love it having played it last week. Think he said it might be the best mass effect yet.

Obviously he is a big mass effect fan and may have been a bit awed by it or a poor critic of the game, but i find his enthusiasm for the game very promising.

Awesome, Dinesh from Silicon Valley is in this.

https://twitter.com/kumailn/status/837745087392075776

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

Really looking forward to this. Was really late to the ME3 party and after all the negativity from my mates, and low expectations, I quite enjoyed it - so much so that I cleared it 5 times. A few games to play before I get this one though.

Quick question; what are all the initiative videos? Been trying to avoid spoilers so don't pay much attention.

https://www.masseffect.com/andromeda-initiative

6 videos talking you about getting ready to discover new worlds. Watching all 6 and you unlock a Pathfinder helmet for use in-game.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

So it looks like the "handful of planets" mentioned previous is 7.....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Shougeki wrote: »

Similar too DA-I So in that you had a similar amount of lands too explore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Shougeki wrote: »

That's fine by me, my time is limited & as long as they're full of good quests I'd rather have well-crafted worlds than randomly-generated muck (like the ME1 planets).

Advertisement