Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The human characters all have that dead-eyed doll look to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,398 ✭✭✭✭noodler

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    That's fine by me, my time is limited & as long as they're full of good quests I'd rather have well-crafted worlds than randomly-generated muck (like the ME1 planets).

Yeah, I know I wasplayed in wrong order by playing ME1 way after 2 and 3 but I just hated the sidequests.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭riggerman

I was thinking of getting this on pre order with Amazon. Does anyone have experience with other games arriving for release date in time. Or would I be better off pre ordering with a b&m like Smyth's.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

riggerman wrote: »
    I was thinking of getting this on pre order with Amazon. Does anyone have experience with other games arriving for release date in time. Or would I be better off pre ordering with a b&m like Smyth's.

I had it preordered with amazon along with horizon zero dawn but cancelled it as horizon still hadn't been dispatched the day before release. Try thegamecollection or simplygames and use parcel motel or parcel wizard and you will probably get it a day before release.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,883 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

riggerman wrote: »

Amazon, from my experience, won't arrive before release date.

If you get it delivered to an Irish address it could turn up a week later - seemingly the irish courier is crap.

If you get it delivered to parcel motel up north it will arrive there on release date - and likely be delivered to your parcel motel locker that night (late - like 11pm or later). So if you can wait til the day after release you could get it from Amazon via parcel motel on the day after release, most likely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Amazon, from my experience, won't arrive before release date.

If you get it delivered to an Irish address it could turn up a week later - seemingly the irish courier is crap.

If you get it delivered to parcel motel up north it will arrive there on release date - and likely be delivered to your parcel motel locker that night (late - like 11pm or later). So if you can wait til the day after release you could get it from Amazon via parcel motel on the day after release, most likely.

Amazon are a lot better now - They dispatched Horizon the day before release and I got it 2 days after. Considering it was €10 cheaper than anywhere in Ireland that's not too bad.

I had it preordered with amazon along with horizon zero dawn but cancelled it as horizon still hadn't been dispatched the day before release. Try thegamecollection or simplygames and use parcel motel or parcel wizard and you will probably get it a day before release.

With the likes of parcel motel/parcel wizard, you're to add an extra day on to whatever the delivery is likely to be.

I was going to go the Amazon route, but realized that to have the game when I want (without delay), I'm better off going through Smyths. So I've preordered the game there - in reality, when you add on the Parcel Motel/Wizard fee, it only comes out at maybe €3 more expensive.

If you do it online with Smyths, you can get a €5 discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Has anybody ever pre-ordered a game off The Game Collection and had it delivered to their Irish address? Just curious to when the game comes.

I got FIFA 17 off them via Parcel Motel but I didn't come till a day later I think, I wouldn't mind getting it shipped to my house if it would take the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Trophies are up. Story spoilers near the bottom I managed to skim past them but beware.

https://www.exophase.com/game/mass-effect-andromeda-psn/trophies/

Good few multiplayer trophies (hock, spit) but they seem to give a choice like "Create 6 strike teams OR get 5 assist medals in multiplayer"

Also the Insanity trophy is now "complete single player on insanity or some top level thing in multiplayer"

I'll definitely be going for the platinum to join my other ME ones, must how the multiplayer ones agent too grindy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Trophies are up. Story spoilers near the bottom I managed to skim past them but beware.

https://www.exophase.com/game/mass-effect-andromeda-psn/trophies/

Good few multiplayer trophies (hock, spit) but they seem to give a choice like "Create 6 strike teams OR get 5 assist medals in multiplayer"

Also the Insanity trophy is now "complete single player on insanity or some top level thing in multiplayer"

I'll definitely be going for the platinum to join my other ME ones, must how the multiplayer ones agent too grindy.

Wasn't there already some like that in other Bioware games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Varik wrote: »
    Wasn't there already some like that in other Bioware games.

Mass Effect 3 introduced those style trophies.

Insanity trophy was always on it's own, people must have complained about it but I never found them too much bother. I'd imagine the highest rank of multiplayer would be a far longer/harder grind than an insanity playthrough. Although I spose the choice is there if people want to just clear the game and focus on multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Really looking forward to getting my teeth into this. Falls on the same date/week as the destiny update though, as luck would have it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

When is the free 10 hour demo thingy and what do I need to be a member of to play it on PS4 and will progress carry over into the main game?

When is the free 10 hour demo thingy and what do I need to be a member of to play it on PS4 and will progress carry over into the main game?

Only available on Xbox (maybe PC) to EA Access members (and maybe Origin Access on PC).

I guess if I can't play it, I cannot be bothered getting it on PC, I'll just wait to see what the feedback on the 10 hour demo is before commiting to it Day 1

I guess if I can't play it, I cannot be bothered getting it on PC, I'll just wait to see what the feedback on the 10 hour demo is before commiting to it Day 1

I'll be pre-ordering it in GameStop tomorrow evening (have a gift card for them). I'm gonna be Day 1 no matter what. ITS MASS EFFECT.

I have EA Access on Xbox but I think i will ignore it and just start it on PS4 on the release date.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I'm more or less sold for day one, but will get what I can out of the 10hr trial before buying.

Now just to get Horizon finished in time...

I'm definitely getting it day 1, going digitally. I'm very early on in Horizon so will play that up to the ME:A Release and go back to it when I'm finished Andromeda. Definitely don't wanna rush Horizon, it's too good for that carry on but Mass Effect will definitely be taking priority.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I'm definitely getting it day 1, going digitally. I'm very early on in Horizon so will play that up to the ME:A Release and go back to it when I'm finished Andromeda. Definitely don't wanna rush Horizon, it's too good for that carry on but Mass Effect will definitely be taking priority.

I'm the same. Only a couple of hours into Horizon so have put it away now until after this. Battlefield 1 MP will do until this is out. Preordered with TGC to my PM address so hopefully get it a bit early.

• Advertisement

€70 digitally or via Gamestop. Guess I can deal with waiting till Amazon deliver it for the sake of €20

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

€70 digitally or via Gamestop. Guess I can deal with waiting till Amazon deliver it for the sake of €20

It's 46 on the game collection I think

http://www.thegamecollection.net/mass-effect-andromeda-ps4/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

If its PSN digital they have a deal on, spend over €50 this month and they will put €10 on your account in April. It works for pre orders too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I have only watched one trailer regarding the combat system and already i have seen enough, but it seems IGN release a new video daily about different features of the game. Sure whats the point in playing the ****ing thing yourself when you can find out everything about it on youtube. Jesus christ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

It's the era we live in. Gotta get those views!

Launch Trailer out. Really don't like the music, I mean the song is grand, but not for this trailer.

"I'm only human, don't put the blame on me" Well then don't go invading other people's planets.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Yeah, that music is awful. Doesn't fit the trailer at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Never played a mass effect. does that matter a great deal going into this?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Never played a mass effect. does that matter a great deal going into this?

Nope, it's a great spot to jump in if you don't want to play the previous titles. 1, 2, and 3 had a continuous story as direct sequels to each other. 4 is set hundreds of years in the future and in another galaxy; they are ditching any direct connection to the previous story events.

EDIT:
    Just watched the trailer. My god that music is unsuitable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I... I think the music works really well.

:o

Advertisement