Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Would have preferred if they stuck with the Johnny Cash theme they had in the announcement trailer. That song was dreadful.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

Would have preferred if they stuck with the Johnny Cash theme they had in the announcement trailer. That song was dreadful.

Getting a lot of hate on you tube as well but I liked the trailer making me even more excited to play now. Sara's face still looks a bit wonky though lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Getting a lot of hate on you tube as well but I liked the trailer making me even more excited to play now. Sara's face still looks a bit wonky though lol.

If they've an entire engine to create custom faces I don't know why they've stuck to gammy-faced freak fRyder.

It's an underlying problem i'd say, will hopefully find out when it goes on access in anyway

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Was thinking of getting this on pc instead of ps4, its 39 on cdkeys, I hope my gtx 770 i5-4670 can handle it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Was thinking of getting this on pc instead of ps4, its 39 on cdkeys, I hope my gtx 770 i5-4670 can handle it.

Just don't expect great performance as this game looks to be a real resource hog!

The games recommended settings are only for 1080p@30fps !

https://www.vg247.com/2017/03/09/mass-effect-andromedas-pc-recommended-specs-are-designed-for-1080p30fps-on-high-settings/

https://help.ea.com/en/help/mass-effect/mass-effect-andromeda/are-you-ready-for-mass-effect-andromeda/?sf53085265=1#pc

• Registered Users Posts: 26,398 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Atrocious trailer imo.

I mean, compare that to ME3's launch.

Anyway, I'm sure it'll. Be a good game but I'll be surprised of there are any characters I care about.

Q&A live at PAX atm. Bunch of noobs asking stuff we already know the answers to. Had to laugh at the guy who brought up the blue red green ending of 3 :pac:

https://www.twitch.tv/pax

A guy dressed as 'Evil EA' guy just asked if they could cut the Intro of the game and make it DLC. Managed to snap this. That EA sign was stuck onto his back. :pac:

411492.PNG

• Advertisement

MP info

"All Known MP Kits + All Known MP Info. Please update in Comments as Pax takes place today, will update as info comes out form Pax footage"

All Known MP Kits:

Human Female Soldier: (1) Grenades; (2) Supercharge; (3) Concussive Shot

Human Male Vanguard: (1) Charge; (2) Nova; (3) Shockwave

Krogan Female Engineer: (1) Overload; (2) Turret; (3) Incinerate

Unknown Human Female: (1) Pull; (2) Throw; (3) Lance

Krogan Male Vanguard: (1) Charge; (2) ? ; (3) Nova

Human Male Adept: (1) Pull; (2) Singularity; (3) Shockwave

Human Male Infiltrator: (1) Sticky Grenade; (2) Tactical Cloak; (3) Incinerate

Asari Duelist: (1) Charge; (2) Backlash; (3) Lance

All known MP Information:

Every 3 hours or so a special MP mission will posted to your MP/SP Strike Team menu, that will give you both MP/SP rewards if accomplished. These missions will be able to be conducted either by Strike Team or by playing the mission directly through a MP character by way of Matchmaking. Each Special Mission has modifiers to them that make them harder to accomplish.

Mission Funds earned from MP can used in both SP and MP

Strike teams can be leveled up to level 20 and can acquire traits from both successful and failed missions. The higher the level of the strike team and the traits aquired that line up with the traits needed to successfully complete a mission give you % probability of chance of success and failure. If played personally by a MP character, you still obtain strike team experience as well as MP experience

Weekend Challenges are back. Wave balance and composition of enemies can be changed Server Side by Bioware and will be changed during Weekly Missions, Special Events, Special Missions, and Weekend Challenges.

There are currently 3 levels of difficulty for right now: Bronze, Silver, Gold.

Waves are now only 7 rounds instead of 10 from ME3. Wave now only last from 15 to 25 minutes based upon squad skill, much less time than ME3 due to this reduced wave count.

Waves are Horde mode, and there are 5 maps before any DLC comes out.

3 enemy factions confirmed for MP: (1) Pirates/Mercenaries; (2) Kett; (3) Remnant

Each wave and enemy type will also include Boss/Monstrous creatures or robots like ME3 Brutes, Banshees, and Atlas’

12 human bronze characters as starters, 6 Silver characters, 6 Gold characters, and 6 N7 characters for a total of 30 characters in all in the original MEA MP make up before DLC. (5 characters for each "class")

Male AND Female characters confirmed for all races that make sense (ie: no male/female asari)
    Character levels go up to 20, and each character seems to be leveled individually as opposed to per character class like ME3. Additionally there are 10 bonus levels that increase 5 different stats roughly 1% per level: (1) Health Strength; (2) Health Regeneration Speed; (3) Shield Strength; (4) Shield Recharge Speed; (5) Power Recharge Speed. These “Extra” levels can be obtained from earning experience per character class and provide these “extra bonuses” to ALL characters, not just the characters within the class needed to be played to obtain the bonus stats. (personally I think 10% stat boosts are a weak joke slap in the face to the MP crowd and will not provide any significant boost, as the level 1 mod in ME3 gave a 30% shield boost. Kinda pisses me off that wont let us go up to 50 or 100 levels at 1% increments, thereby rewarding long term player loyalty for small incremental gain, but they might increase this cap 10 levels at a time as the likely 4 planned DLC’s are released, so at the end of the year we might have 50 extra levels if they release 10 at a time which would be a nice reward for long term loyalty)

There will be an N7 HQ equivalent as both a website and App for MEA that will allow you to track stats and Special Missions for Strike teams as they rotate tri-hourly for purposes of using strike teams.

Weapon levels go from 1-10 and will be unlocked from opening crates

Weapons in MP will have mod slots but will not be augmented like in SP

Weapon Ammo in MEA seems to be equipped like a ME3 MP mod and NOT like MEA SP as inventory 3 clip items (thank holy Christ)

Weapons, Mods, Armor, and Equipment in MEA will be unlocked through opening crates that can be bought either through Mission Funds earned through completing objectives or can be bought with real money

Characters can have armor switched but facial features cannot be changed. There is no helmet toggle option for each character (which kinda blows)

All DLC will be free

No cross play between PC, Xbox, and PS4"

Credit to Reddit poster, Prothelli

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Venom wrote: »

Maybe I won't risk it so, that can I run it site was telling me even my processor on min req wasn't good enough :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Maybe I won't risk it so, that can I run it site was telling me even my processor on min req wasn't good enough :eek:

I wouldn't worry about it, if it plays on the consoles it'll play on your Pc no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

I wonder when the review embargo will lift. I remember Bioware lifted it a week in advance of Inquisition's release presumably because they knew it was good. I'll be worried if they don't lift the embargo on this until release day.

I really wouldn't worry. Game developers are putting out silly requirements right now both to cover their arses and get people purchasing components from companies they partner up with. The fact is processors and RAM have evolved very little in the last four years and the bottleneck on the GPU will matter very little. The 16GB RAM thing is also bollocks seeing as new games don't even use more than about 3GB on 1440p.

GPU is obviously the most important thing here, they are evolving and constantly getting better but something like a GTX 970 will still handle this really well.

Ultimately it'll still look better than on consoles even if you can't max it out, like most 3rd party multi platform games.

Cina wrote: »
    I really wouldn't worry. Game developers are putting out silly requirements right now both to cover their arses and get people purchasing components from companies they partner up with. The fact is processors and RAM have evolved very little in the last four years and the bottleneck on the GPU will matter very little. The 16GB RAM thing is also bollocks seeing as new games don't even use more than about 3GB on 1440p.

GPU is obviously the most important thing here, they are evolving and constantly getting better but something like a GTX 970 will still handle this really well.

Ultimately it'll still look better than on consoles even if you can't max it out, like most 3rd party multi platform games.

I routinely use 80% of my available 8GB (according to task manager - I presume it's accurate).

I don't recally ever maxing it out but it's I'll be getting 16 in my next upgrade to cover it.

Gbear wrote: »
    I routinely use 80% of my available 8GB (according to task manager - I presume it's accurate).

I don't recally ever maxing it out but it's I'll be getting 16 in my next upgrade to cover it.

Do you run a lot? Unless I'm gaming I rarely go above 30% usage.

Cina wrote: »
    Do you run a lot? Unless I'm gaming I rarely go above 30% usage.

Well I suppose the thing is right now, I'm playing Civ 6, listening to a podcast and posting on boards.

I'll turn everything off and see how much I'm using.

But either way, I do need 8 at a minimum and if there was any increase from games I'd need 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I think it will run ok'ish for you, me and lots of others regardless of PC specs as the mention of 30fps@1080p kinda sets the alarm bells ringing for a not so optimized game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I won't be picking this up on release. From what I can see, there are too many uncertainties and possible problems tied to Andromeda. I haven't seen anything yet to convince me that this won't be Dragon Age: Inquisition (in space) and I don't understand the hype over 'The Pathfinder' ("We need a Pathfinder") at all. You don't have magic powers, you are a kid who's father is/was presumably well-received, and yet the game suggests you are some sort of legend. As far as I can tell, 'The Pathfinder' is just an orienteering leader from a summer camp because they seem to share the same qualities. Coupled with the fact that BioWare have admitted that Andromeda is not a part of a new trilogy or story across numerous games, it really feels like a stop-gap game to test the waters for a proper return to the Mass Effect universe.

The launch trailer was very underwhelming and the music is particularly awful when you compare it to what was used for Mass Effect 3.

That piano piece will always bring me right back to Mass Effect and it seems BioWare have gone with a different composer for Andromeda.

I feel the tone of the game in terms of story/world/environments will try to emulate that of Star Trek - the focus on exploration, meeting cultures, new species, diplomacy, etc. But, the action will try to be louder, bolder, Michael Bay-ish, with lots of explosions and massive fight scenes with Japanese-type boss fights. Joined with almost full nudity (as referenced by one of the developers) and Multiplayer (with micro-transactions) - Mass Effect Andromeda will be a 'safe' game. It will tick a lot of boxes, appeal to a very broad section of people who play games, but by doing so, become a very forgettable, self-contained experience. Good at everything, but not great at any one thing.

I hope I am wrong and the reviews will say otherwise, but right now the expression 'meh' is all that comes to mind with Andromeda. Mass Effect ended with Mass Effect 3 for me and what an experience that was!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Falthyron wrote: »

Funnily enough, the song in that trailer (not the ME theme) is quite a well known piece called Protectors of the Earth. It's got 58m views on Youtube.
    Venom wrote: »
    1080p@30fps

Barbarians.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Here we go

1,2,3 all separate and in a trilogy bundle are going for good value in PlayStation store just downloaded 1 as iv never played it elovaters suck but still great game for its age andromeda has a lot to live up to

When is the review embargo up?

When is the review embargo up?

Monday March 20th 9am EST (2pm our time)

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Damn another week so.

Alternate launch trailer releasing soon with FemRyder. Hopefully it will have an alternate song.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

And an alternate face.

Guess that means the version on access is gonna be a stripped down affair like battlefield 1 was. Guessing it's gonna be 2 missions and one or two multiplayer maps :/

Alternate launch trailer releasing soon with FemRyder. Hopefully it will have an alternate song.

Seriously.. they better get her face right.

Or at least be as awesome as the ME3 Femshep launch trailer was

• Advertisement

FemShep looks so much better/badass than Sara.

Advertisement