Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

It's cgi, so yeah. There was a male shepard one too, in fact the ME2 launch trailer was better than each of those.
    That's another thing they've cut back on for Andromeda.

This one here
    Shepard looks pissed off xD

And tbf he had every reason to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    FemShep looks so much better/badass than Sara.

Can't remember if it was ME 2 or ME 3 but they had a competition to choose a new default Femshep which would also go on the cover (reversible covers) of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

ME2 trailer is weird it looks like Shepard but kinda doesn't too. My biggest issue with this game ain't the animations & that music it's how boring the main characters seem, the forced banter & complete lack of personality. It was my favourite part of the original trilogy but this is like you are playing in a universe of Kaiden & Jacob's.
    Zillah wrote: »
    Barbarians.

Batarians no?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Varik wrote: »
    Can't remember if it was ME 2 or ME 3 but they had a competition to choose a new default Femshep which would also go on the cover (reversible covers) of the game.

I think it was 3, switched to that cover straight away and beaming the red head won.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I think it was 3, switched to that cover straight away and beaming the red head won.

I think it was the default on the Pre-order and special editions.

• Advertisement

ERG89 wrote: »
    ME2 trailer is weird it looks like Shepard but kinda doesn't too. My biggest issue with this game ain't the animations & that music it's how boring the main characters seem, the forced banter & complete lack of personality. It was my favourite part of the original trilogy but this is like you are playing in a universe of Kaiden & Jacob's.

Batarians no?

Yeah, i know a lot is being deliberately hidden to prevent spoilers but that's yet another concern for me too, one i'm hoping the origin access next thursday addresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Want to get this on my PC but the origin price is ridiculous. Can get it cheaper on the PS4

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

superg wrote: »
    Want to get this on my PC but the origin price is ridiculous. Can get it cheaper on the PS4

It's about €40 on cdkeys.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Yeah saw that having looked back through the thread, I'll go with that.

Good info on Strike Teams here

http://www.gamesradar.com/you-can-skip-mass-effect-andromedas-multiplayer-with-strike-teams-heres-how/

Also, official info coming tomorrow about multiplayer.

• Advertisement

Some streamers have apparently got earlier early access starting tomorrow from 6pm our time.
    Also, the access version is apparently limited not only by the 10 hour timeframe but by content too. Similar to how BF1 was/is, so your ten hours is mostly gonna be multiplayer.

Was going to wait for this but gamestop offering 50% extra this week for trade in + the pre order bonus got 54 each for Battlefield 1 and Watch Dogs 2 didn;t pay that much for them :D

Surely it would make sense to compare the trailer of this with the one of Mass Effect 1? I mean, given that by #3 we already had 2 previous games with these characters.

Or, I dunno, not basing a however many hour game on a few minute of random footage that we've seen?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Here we go

Just watched the first 15 mins not much actually game play or story but main character is missing the epicness that shepererd implied to you in say the first 5 mins of me2 where in first 5 mins he'd saved his crew who all gave the immoersion he was more important then them to save done a space walk though a destroyed Normandy to save joker and sacrafised my self to save him only to be so important that trillions where put into reviving you you are left in no co fusion your character is special first 15 of andromeda he's left his sister in a coma founfmd out he's only on the mission trough nepotism and the job of path finder is to find plants that are pre programmed into the ship it lacks an epicness but only time will tell if he's a Leon S Kennedy or a Hawk

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Here we go

Just watched the first 15 mins not much actually game play or story but main character is missing the epicness that shepererd implied to you in say the first 5 mins of me2 where in first 5 mins he'd saved his crew who all gave the immoersion he was more important then them to save done a space walk though a destroyed Normandy to save joker and sacrafised my self to save him only to be so important that trillions where put into reviving you you are left in no co fusion your character is special first 15 of andromeda he's left his sister in a coma founfmd out he's only on the mission trough nepotism and the job of path finder is to find plants that are pre programmed into the ship it lacks an epicness but only time will tell if he's a Leon S Kennedy or a Hawk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Here we go wrote: »
    Do me a favour and look to the right of the M key on your keyboard, you'll see two wonderful things called a 'period' and a 'comma' that will work wonders for you going forward.

Surely it would make sense to compare the trailer of this with the one of Mass Effect 1? I mean, given that by #3 we already had 2 previous games with these characters.

Or, I dunno, not basing a however many hour game on a few minute of random footage that we've seen?

The foundation of the game is on the strength of the trilogy's sales. Whether it lives up to it's predecessors or not is a guess for us. But based on what's being highlighted as it's selling points there are a lot more obvious flaws than the original shown in what little we've seen.

Dodgy Animation (specifically with the female lead)
    Writers and senior staff leaving before the project was completed
    A new studio developing the game as it's flagship
    The multiple delays of it's release
    Tacky launch videos as compared to the original trilogy
    A review embargo almost coinciding with the release date (March 20th)
    Literally nobody has played the gold version or will play it until it's full release date, including reviewers.
    A day one patch being announced the same day it's gone gold

And those are just the ones off the top of my head, i'd say they're valid reason to be wary.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

A day one patch being announced the same day it's gone gold

Is this even worth noting these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Cina wrote: »
    Do me a favour and look to the right of the M key on your keyboard, you'll see two wonderful things called a 'period' and a 'comma' that will work wonders for you going forward.

I was going to say the same, but not in a bad way. It was actually impossible to understand Here We Go's comment, and I tried a few times. Not being a d*ck mate, but if you want to get people to read/understand, punctuation, and capitals really helps!

Zillah wrote: »
    Is this even worth noting these days?

I'd have expected one anyway, but yeah.. oh hay, we've gone gold AND we're gonna have a sweet bug fix patch for day one so you console scrubs can download another couple of gig worth of **** we couldn't be arsed putting into the game before we went gold and completed the game xD

When the game goes gold, that used to be the industry standard that it was complete. Issuing a day one patch the same day you announce it's gone gold is hypocritical at best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

I'd rather a day one patch then another delay!

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    I'd rather a day one patch then another delay!

I'd prefer the delay myself - cant see them fixing the female animations with a single patch personally, if they could have, they'd have had it done for the glamour shots in the launch trailer which were very obviously missing.

I'd prefer the delay myself - cant see them fixing the female animations with a single patch personally, if they could have, they'd have had it done for the glamour shots in the launch trailer which were very obviously missing.

Realistically, they would never change them.

Why's that?

Why's that?

Because if they were going to, they would of done it by now. It's probably not that much of an issue to them.

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Because if they were going to, they would of done it by now. It's probably not that much of an issue to them.

I'd take the other side of that argument - presentation is half the sale

Polygon are streaming a review build atm - gonna have a gander

Wow, the combat is really glitchy

https://www.facebook.com/polygon/videos/1491473064198650/

Suspiciously enough, the person playing was using female ryder - and in all her dialogue scenes, she had a mask on. Covering her lower face, so yeah.. that could be a really bad sign.
    But the combat, honestly.. mobs disappearing and respawning (i am gonna be realistic and assume that's not intentional), glitching over terrain repeatedly and generally being piss poor in the 15 minutes or so i've seen on that stream it's in a pretty bad state.

Gonna watch from the start - there's a full hour in there

Just watched a few minutes of it, don't want to ruin too much, combat looked class. I like the squad talking to each furing the fire fights. Really looking forward to this next week!

New official gameplay vid - Multiplayer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I really loved ME3's MP. First game that I actually got into online multiplayer with. That looks like a more polished version so I'm very happy with that.

Advertisement