Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

seems more like a fanboy cash-in on RPS controversial and against-the-grain article. First thing he mentions is how popular his thread is on the ME Reddit :D

From one skewed review to another - pot, kettle, black - access tomorrow will tell all in greater detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

From one skewed review to another - pot, kettle, black - access tomorrow will tell all in greater detail.

Yupp, looking forward to hearing yer impressions on here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Is the GMG version the deluxe version or the standard version?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Thought the character creator would make 1 twin and then the game would mess with a gene and sort out the other, but turns out you can make your twins look nothing alike and the game then combines them with a weighted advantage to your character to make the Dad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Kiith wrote: »
    John Walker hated The Witcher 3 and loved the ending for Mass Effect 3.

I think it's safe to completely ignore his opinion.

He's also dishonest if you look at his career. RPS were hung out to dry long ago.

That said... I]Mod note: note this link contains plot details, so spoiler warning[/I Characters literally going cross-eyed in this game.

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yupp, looking forward to hearing yer impressions on here!

I'm not much of a reviewer, and I know i'm going against the grain, But i am hoping to be proved wrong either tomorrow or with the release version. I might stream it though

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

That **** is hilarious. I wouldn't be able to finish the game from pissing myself if that happened in every conversation......

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I hope FemRyder wasn't modelled on a real person's face. Because they've made the poor woman look deranged.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

J. Marston wrote: »
    I hope FemRyder wasn't modelled on a real person's face. Because they've made the poor woman look deranged.

Or exposed her weird face to worldwide ridicule.

J. Marston wrote: »

Sadly, yes, and they botched it badly.

C1f7E00VEAAqC48.jpg

Jayde Rossi is her name btw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Yikes. Bioware are a big studio, can't be that hard to get in top tier animators/designers?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

They've made an absolute dogs breakfast of that.

yep

They did the male one a lot better (Steven Brewis)

C0o6mrZUoAALduA.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

i pity the poor characters that are going to have to romance these two :D

This might not be 100% accurate but here it is anyway..

Rumour has it, the origin and xbox versions of access will be playable from 9.30pm our time tonight. So just over an hour or so if you have access, ye should have a gander - if it turns out to be a load of waffle i'll let ye know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

BPWtI3a.jpg

signed up myself, 3.99 a month is actually quite good, do you have access to the full games (bar trials live mass effect)

signed up myself, 3.99 a month is actually quite good, do you have access to the full games (bar trials live mass effect)

Yeah, there's a few decent ones on there too like Mirror's Edge Catalyst and SW battlefront, FIFA, Titanfall etc..

The trials are separate from the vault games so there's not too much confusion

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Yeah, there's a few decent ones on there too like Mirror's Edge Catalyst and SW battlefront, FIFA, Titanfall etc..

The trials are separate from the vault games so there's not too much confusion

One thing to note with the trials is that they're based on the game running, not on play time, so if you want to have a break, or come back to it tomorrow or anything like that, then you have to completely shut down the game, including any windows it might throw up.

This applies on PC and Xbox, make sure to properly quit out of the game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Rumour has it, the origin and xbox versions of access will be playable from 9.30pm our time tonight. So just over an hour or so if you have access, ye should have a gander - if it turns out to be a load of waffle i'll let ye know :)

It's out now. 44GB.

• Advertisement

That rumour was on the money, 43.77 gig - downloading it now

beat me to it Cat, i'll stick a stream up if anyone can be arsed hear me eat my words or justify my rants

trials up on origins anyway haha heres hoping it wont be crap, playable at 42% i wonder is that just some tiny tutorial or does the game download as you go

trials up on origins anyway haha heres hoping it wont be crap, playable at 42% i wonder is that just some tiny tutorial or does the game download as you go

streamed zones by importance or relevance like WoW does i'd guess. And yeah, hope it is better than i've been expecting.

How's yer internet lads? Would love to give this a crack tonight.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

CohhCarnage got a early press copy

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Have to see if I can get this downloaded and have a crack before bed.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    How's yer internet lads? Would love to give this a crack tonight.
    56% - be done in 10 mins - i wanna make sure there's no streaming download issues with load times or graphic lag before i set out - the last thing ye's need is me whinging about something that wasn't the game's fault :P

Streaming here if you're stuck without access

https://youtu.be/FmVwNCzWABE

Gonna avoid all streams, especially from the start of the game. Enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

After Witcher 3, this animation...I can't even...
    (mild spoilers):

Advertisement