Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

then there is this bile , ffs my faith humanity lessens by the day

https://twitter.com/bioware/status/843190432033005568

read the responses until your tolerance says no.

Read about that earlier, bad form. Kudos to Bioware though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

LOL first response is from TheRalphRetort

The guy is a certified nutcase.

*back to the game*

I'm nearly at the end of my 10hr trial but doesn't feel like I've been gated off from anywhere.

Also came across
    the locked-away Fiend, him & the drop-shipped kett finished me off quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Man, people suck so much :(

Anyway, still really looking forward to release date. I'm guessing the review embargo is up tonight instead of tomorrow? Can't seem to find any solid info on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I might get it even with all the ****e about animations, il wait for the reviews to come out first mostly because i just finished the game of the year edition of dragon age inquisition and now i have nothing to do with my game time !!

Also boogie's francis skit had me in stitches laughing.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Man, people suck so much :(

Anyway, still really looking forward to release date. I'm guessing the review embargo is up tonight instead of tomorrow? Can't seem to find any solid info on it.

it's still tomorrow - streamers get to stream the full game a few hours earlier.

I spent a few hours looking at that guy's twitter and site last night - He's 100% concentrated hatred.

There was something else that stuck out though, someone (Manveer Heir)with an equally rotten level of hatred that until recently worked for bioware. How the hell did he get away with working there for so long with such a poisonous personality? This guy is so vile he's probably on a cia watchlist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,398 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Is this the hype of game that would go down in price after a few months?

noodler wrote: »
    Is this the hype of game that would go down in price after a few months?

Probably yeah, though i'd wait for the actual reviews tomorrow to be certain

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Just thought i'd share these vids, a retrospective of the original series

• Registered Users Posts: 26,398 ✭✭✭✭noodler

ERG89 wrote: »

Just thought i'd share these vids, a retrospective of the original series

Tah.

Watched first two very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

I will actually miss the Paragon/Renegade options.
    Ah say it ain't so!

I downloaded my EA Early Access version but I didn't realise it was only for 10 years. Have decided to wait until the 21st to begin.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

wyrn wrote: »
    Ah say it ain't so!

I downloaded my EA Early Access version but I didn't realise it was only for 10 years. Have decided to wait until the 21st to begin.

Ah come on, you'll get it finished by then surely? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

CatInABox wrote: »
    Ah come on, you'll get it finished by then surely? :)
    HAHAHA! :o

No, I'll probably still be checking every corner of a planet for a relic or whatever it is this time round. Still haven't finished Skyrim because I'm searching all the caves and wandering about outside :D
    Hell I'd probably spend a good portion of that 10 hour slot on designing new Shepard.

wyrn wrote: »
    HAHAHA! :o

No, I'll probably still be checking every corner of a planet for a relic or whatever it is this time round. Still haven't finished Skyrim because I'm searching all the caves and wandering about outside :D
    Hell I'd probably spend a good portion of that 10 hour slot on designing new Shepard.

Wouldnt count on it, not straight away anyway

total%2Brecall%2Bhead%2B2.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Is it out Tuesday to Thursday? Cdkeys says Thursday but I saw Tuesday mentioned a few times too.

superg wrote: »
    Is it out Tuesday to Thursday? Cdkeys says Thursday but I saw Tuesday mentioned a few times too.

22nd - 11pm GMT is the Origin release time, i'd say that's XB1 too, not sure about PS though

Unless you're in america, then it's the 21st

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Don't forget, a quick visit to the great country of South Korea triggers kudos for your Origin account and allows you to play before GMT.

i think alaska and the US west coast get it first at around 4 am our time - midnight theirs. Not 100% on that though

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Absolute joke that Europe have too wait till thursday :rolleyes: my pre load is done anyway so that's something I guess.

In this day and age, yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

so whats the best way with origin to get playing it tuesday? im off thursday so Wednesday night would be an ideal games night (herself is missing too) :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I had been toying with getting this despite playing through the trial and thinking it was good but not great, but the reviews coming out suggest that waiting for a bunch of patches is the right way to go. Eurogamer says there's an "astonishing quantity of bugs". The tag line for the review is "The combat crackles and the worlds are lush, but mediocre writing and tepid quests add up to what is probably BioWare's worst RPG yet."

I guess I'll go back to grinding through my massive backlog.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Reviews

PCGamer – 80/100
    PCGamesN – 8
    IGN – 7.7
    Polygon – 7.5
    GamesRadar – 3.5/5
    Destructoid – 6.5
    Gamespot – 6
    USGamer – 3/5
    Digital Trends – 5
    Eurogamer – “probably BioWare’s worst RPG yet”
    Kotaku – “a game to get lost in”

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Reviews

PCGamer – 80/100
    PCGamesN – 8
    IGN – 7.7
    Polygon – 7.5
    GamesRadar – 3.5/5
    Destructoid – 6.5
    Gamespot – 6
    USGamer – 3/5
    Digital Trends – 5
    Eurogamer – “probably BioWare’s worst RPG yet”
    Kotaku – “a game to get lost in”

That's kinda where I expected to to be. I'm not rushing through Zelda (which is a masterpiece) so will pick it up in a month.

EDIT: Alot of reviews are docking points for the technical problems which I expect to be fixed after launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Gamespot's seems harsh to me. They say it's a beautiful world and the combat is great, surely that warrants more than 6?

From reading around it looks like there's a really good game in there somewhere, it's just marred by its technical issues. I think I'll wait for a few patches to come out before playing it.

I do feel a bit sorry for Bioware here, I can't help but think reviews would've been higher if not for the public backlash to the animations etc. - seems a massive misstep on their part to lift the embargo after the 10 hour trial. By all accounts it also looks like a massive effort was put into the game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Cina wrote: »
    Gamespot's seems harsh to me. They say it's a beautiful world and the combat is great, surely that warrants more than 6?

From reading around it looks like they're a really good game in there somewhere, it's just marred by its technical issues. I think I'll wait for a few patches to come out before playing it.

That's it exactly.

I think it's been deducted points by some because it's an RPG franchise, if it had started out as anything else the animations and dialogue wouldn't have been such as issue.

7.5 is a fair estimate for what it is - gonna have a read through some of the others.

I mean, if you look at reviews for the first Mass Effect game, then that was coming in at around an 8 out of 10, so 7.5 doesn't seem all that bad. Probably the last time I'll read this thread until I'm at least a few hours into this, so I'll see you all on the other side.

I mean, if you look at reviews for the first Mass Effect game, then that was coming in at around an 8 out of 10, so 7.5 doesn't seem all that bad. Probably the last time I'll read this thread until I'm at least a few hours into this, so I'll see you all on the other side.

The original did extremely well in scores - 80 would have been the lower end of it's scale, it did get a few maximum ratings and got a heap of awards

Seems like a few reviews marked it down for the bugs alright, and then some reviewers liked the story and writing, while others did not. Will still get it, but not for a few months/on sale.

• Advertisement

Worth noting - some of the reviews have plot spoilers not seen in the trial version.

Advertisement