Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,792 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

carti2k wrote: »
    Of course it would be nice if we see some familiar faces in ME4, but if they put plot in far future, there will be no Shepard :(

Liara wasn't much older than a child in the trilogy so it's possible that she and maybe Aria, Grunt and Wrex might appear.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

It probably won't happen but I'd love if they let you choose what race your character is. I'd love to play as a volus.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭carti2k

It probably won't happen but I'd love if they let you choose what race your character is. I'd love to play as a volus.

Volus? hehehe, it would be funny :P

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Of course it would be nice if we see some familiar faces in ME4, but if they put plot in far future, there will be no Shepard :(

In the latest dev video, they said it will take place during Shep's timeline and some familiar faces might make an appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Farra em...after the ME3 debacle I refuse to go anywhere near this game again. I was so pissed off much like Lost and it really ruined the game for me. I didn't even both with the rewrite or what alternate ending they tacked onto the end.
    Shame really as I loved ME1/ME2 but I just can't bring myself to ever play them again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭carti2k

I've heard rumors that MAKO will return in ME4. I hope they will improve that thing, because exploring planets in ME1 was soooooo booooring to me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I've heard rumors that MAKO will return in ME4. I hope they will improve that thing, because exploring planets in ME1 was soooooo booooring to me

More than rumour at this point. They showed a video of the new and improved Mako.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Blazer wrote: »
    Farra em...after the ME3 debacle I refuse to go anywhere near this game again. I was so pissed off much like Lost and it really ruined the game for me. I didn't even both with the rewrite or what alternate ending they tacked onto the end.
    Shame really as I loved ME1/ME2 but I just can't bring myself to ever play them again.

On balance, ME3 was probably still my favourite. The last hour didn't take anything away from the preceding 50.

Between all the DLC and the extended cut, the ending was a bit stupid, but tolerable.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Gbear wrote: »
    On balance, ME3 was probably still my favourite. The last hour didn't take anything away from the preceding 50.

Between all the DLC and the extended cut, the ending was a bit stupid, but tolerable.

Agreed, ME3 was an incredible game. To let the last few minutes wipe all of that out it to do it a terrible disservice.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Volus? hehehe, it would be funny :P

Hanar for me :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,792 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Anyone else think that Blasto should have gotten his own game?

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

this one thinks so

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

This one doesn't have time for your solid waste excretions.

This one has forgotten whether its heatsink is over capacity. It wonders whether the criminal scum considers itself fortunate?

Casey Hudson, creator of Mass Effect, has left Bioware. He said the new game is well underway with a playable build so he believes the team will deliver a great game. He is taking some time to decide on what to do next.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Liara wasn't much older than a child in the trilogy

She was "only" 50 years old in the first game but they live for 100s of years so in human terms she was a child relatively.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Casey Hudson, creator of Mass Effect, has left Bioware. He said the new game is well underway with a playable build so he believes the team will deliver a great game. He is taking some time to decide on what to do next.

Translates as running for cover :p

They brought the Mako back lets hope it's not used this time to spin around looking for mats on boring planets.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

She was "only" 50 years old in the first game but they live for 100s of years so in human terms she was a child relatively.

One hundred and six, or thereabouts, if memory serves, and they live for ~1000 years. But you're correct, she's only seen (initially at least) as barely an adult by other Asari.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

I'm playing ME1 at the momemt and read this in the codex the other night:

Asari pass through three climacteric life stages, marked by biochemical and physiological changes:

The Maiden stage begins at puberty and is marked by the drive to explore and experience. Most young asari are curious and restless, and it is not uncommon for many to try their hand at dancing in bars or working as mercenaries during this time.

The Matron stage of life begins around the age of 350, though it can be triggered earlier if the individual melds frequently. This period is marked by a desire to settle in one area and raise children.

The Matriarch stage begins around 700 years of age, or earlier if the individual melds rarely. Matriarchs become active in their community as sages and councilors, dispensing wisdom from centuries of experience. Their knowledge and guidance may be one reason why Matriarchs are rarely seen outside asari space.

However, it should be noted that each stage can be started whenever an asari feels that she has reached the correct level of maturity. While each stage of life is marked by strong biological tendencies, individuals do make unexpected life choices. For example, there are Maidens who stay close to home rather than explore, Matrons who would rather work than build a family, and Matriarchs who have no interest in community affairs.

Getting our motions on at TheCaptureLab in Vancouver. A very cool scene for the next #MassEffect"

CA4s7UdWcAAF8mi.0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

It is taking such a long time for them to show anything of the new game. I wonder if we will get a proper look at E3. If so, it will likely be for a launch late 2016 release.

I'd take a ME Trilogy Remaster to tide me over. I'd like to play through them as a Renegade for a change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

space ninjas!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Space Pirate Ninjas

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

French space mimes..

it is being made in Montreal isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Some leaked details about the next ME from a BioWare survey. It sounds class, hopefully it's true.

www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-04-20-probing-the-new-mass-effect-4-leak

A return to more ME1 style exploration is a good choice. That's what attracted most people to the game. Less shooty killey, more searchy explorey! :P

Cool to see at least some of the races are back even if it is in a brand new galaxy. The Krogan and Asari are back so I hope they bring back the Quarians too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

FemTurian squadmate love interest or bust!

I want to be able to hop in my ship and search the universe until I find Tali but I guess I'll have to buy a suped up PC, go to Mod skool and mod her into the game myself :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I want to be able to hop in my ship and search the universe until I find Tali but I guess I'll have to buy a suped up PC, go to Mod skool and mod her into the game myself :(
    Or simply wait 48h for the first mod to appear and ~6 months to a year for a full story arc beating the original game to be made available by fans :P

Tali will be day 1 DLC. :P

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »
    Tali will be day 1 DLC. :P

Not that's DLC I can get behind! Shep Giggity ooooh riiight

Advertisement