Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,884 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

anyone seen any good guides on research/development, or weapon crafting/modding/upgrading? I don't want to waste points or materials on stuff that I won't use or that has better versions available.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Just popping in - I'm about .. maybe 2 hours in and I'm loving it so far.

What is excellent - the game really rewards you for exploration.
    On Habit 7, I discovered a tree that had somehow survived whatever is happening. When you find your father shortly afterwards, you can mention this and he reacts. I like that they had built it in this way
    . And
    On the ship, before reaching the planet, you can find a pad that shows you a series of logs. The logs indicate that contact was lost with the other Arks. This is before you find out from the story.

Anyway-- checking out again until I've played enough to sufficiently pop back in.
    On Eos
    a side-quest from the Nexus asked me to place a beacon on a high point. But I can't survive Radiation level 3 (yet?) so I drove my car all the way up, hoping it wouldn't explode.
    Jump out, run up to the point, place beacon, sprint back to car, and jump-jet it off the cliff back towards Prodromos. While on fire.
    Worked!

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

this maybe a fairly noob question but how would i go about equipping the gear i got in the deluxe version of the game? (ps4)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Fought an architect, pretty intense and unexpected

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Fought an architect, pretty intense and unexpected

Enjoyed that one myself, some fight :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

ibFoxer wrote: »
    Yeah but they had a well daycent model for Miranda :D

They had a decent model for Sara too but they made a hames of her...

C1f7E00VEAAqC48.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Made the mistake of pre-ordering off Amazon in January, they still haven't even sent it yet :/

The free delivery is a joke. I paid for standard on Monday for Yakuza 0 & got it yesterday. I know well it'd still not be shipped by now if I chose free. I don't want to hear about prime. I'm not paying for an acceptable delivery service :mad: :mad:
    (rant over)
    Hope people are enjoying it. I'm going replaying ME2 now too in my spare time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Great talking to Tann, can't help but picture Dinesh from Silicon Valley.

that's all I hear when he is talking and expecting Gilfoyle to walk by and belittle him :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I got the origin access 10 hour trial mainly to test out MP.
    I quite like it but P2P connection has been a total lottery, ive play 6 games so far, 1 was perfectly playable the rest were just terrible.
    I doubt ill but the full game as ive no real interest in SP and lack of dedicated servers makes MP a lottery.

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Aye, was at that point last night as well - got it on first go but a lot of time was spent shooting at an undamagable head as there was little to no audio at first, then Drack/Vetra started ranting about legs & head at proper times. Judging by my recording, it took 9mins to kill @ level 7 (or was it 17? Can't remember).

Honestly... I've played ME3-MP until I bled Banshee screams out of my eyeballs, not sure what the Bronze problem is - everything was dying for me in no time (with a class you regarded as underpowered) so I'm not convinced it's the mode itself. The only things that take time are armored enemies (if you've no anti-armor), and shielded (if, shock horror, you've no anti-shield -- but they take less beating than armored in most cases). If you have an answer for mooks, armored & shielded, nothing lives for very long - and soldier alone has plenty of options. If you're waltzing in with a gammy weapon and no real build consideration, relying entirely on pumping it full of raw bullets, then yes, it's a slog - that's how it is supposed to be and how it always was. When I tried MP for the first time during the trial, I waltzed in with my pesky Predator/Katana and had no problems killing things - and that just gets quicker and quicker the more build/weapon consideration & levelling you do. It's also going to be a lot slower the less experienced/levelled people you have, much like in ME3. Platinum was always 'fun' when you were the only one using appropriate mods while some level 1 pleb looking for a credit boost hopped in with no equipment, or even mods for their rank 1 weapons. Same will happen in Andromeda as there is definitely no filter for matchmaking, throwing new players into Silver/Gold Apex missions after 10minutes of waiting >_>

The way it worked for me was an average of a full level for a completion, about 1/3 - 1/2 for a fail, depending on score/participation (ie. how many rounds completed before fail, and what you scored through them), up until about L5+ where you'd need a few extractions/fails more for a level. It gets grindy in Bronze if you stay there at the 8-10 mark, as expected - by then you should be in Silver anyway (despite the game suggesting otherwise). Had some Gold matches last night and some level 14 guy was doing less than my Soldier at half his level - on the same token I was outscored by someone two levels lower than me who had who had in-built detonation combos (Soldier can detonate primers but has nothing to combo itself with, same as ME3, but I never had a problem with that as I could detonate everyone else's primers, just like ME3/Soldier). In short, some class/combinations shine, others can do most of that on their own - but it isn't the be-all of 'how fast do things die' and shouldn't hamper XP gain too much.

I'll no doubt give it another go over the weekend but for the most part I've just focused on SP Campaign.

To those who mentioned wanting to give MP a go - don't let SP dictate everything. You can check the Strike Team console in-game and should actually do some MP from time to time from there - breaks things up nicely and you can earn rewards in both directions that way. Leaving it until you've 100% completed SP campaign is a bit of a waste.

Here's what i was saying about soldiers..
    The soldier classes are really weak compared to biotics and tech classes. - see bullet sponges.

Turian soldier is a prime example.

I've put in as many hours as yourself in me3mp, maybe even more. And i'm telling ye, there's little to no difference in bronze waves to silver waves on any character at any level.

If it was true to ME3MP - the bronze waves would be a walkover with every class at level 1 with a bog standard unranked weapon and melee would not need mods to be viable with a vanguard. Literally, 1hit kills with heavy melee on trash mobs. That's not the case on bronze in MEAMP (hah cool, MEAMP). Krogan VG headbutt on bronze creature trash - no charge, just melee, 3 hits. The exact same on silver. That's a clone copy rather than a scaling up of difficulty.

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »
    I got the origin access 10 hour trial mainly to test out MP.
    I quite like it but P2P connection has been a total lottery, ive play 6 games so far, 1 was perfectly playable the rest were just terrible.
    I doubt ill but the full game as ive no real interest in SP and lack of dedicated servers makes MP a lottery.

It's not that bad, they did the same with ME3 if ye played that too. Besides when you're hosting and it actually works (early days) everyone else is connecting to you, so if ye have a bunch of irish lads, you're laughin'

Even Uk ping times are grand it's just elsewhere that fcuks it all up - and tbh that's something that the game should probably have as an option is a viewable ping for other players or at least a matchmaking system that groups people from within a 500 mile radius rather it being all of europe and russia.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

J. Marston wrote: »
    They had a decent model for Sara too but they made a hames of her...

C1f7E00VEAAqC48.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

It's not that bad, they did the same with ME3 if ye played that too. Besides when you're hosting and it actually works (early days) everyone else is connecting to you, so if ye have a bunch of irish lads, you're laughin'

Even Uk ping times are grand it's just elsewhere that fcuks it all up - and tbh that's something that the game should probably have as an option is a viewable ping for other players or at least a matchmaking system that groups people from within a 500 mile radius rather it being all of europe and russia.

1 solid game out of 6 is bad enough to be fair but yes P2P wouldn't be too bad if you were guaranteed to be playing with people closer to us.

Dcully wrote: »
    1 solid game out of 6 is bad enough to be fair but yes P2P wouldn't be too bad if you were guaranteed to be playing with people closer to us.

MP in the trial was shockingly bad for me too :/
    Giz a shout if you do buy the game (sprucelee76 on origin) hook up for a few games :)

bigphil2 wrote: »
    this maybe a fairly noob question but how would i go about equipping the gear i got in the deluxe version of the game? (ps4)

I think you get it in your cabin on the not-Normandy.

====

On-Topic, I think I released the Fiend, but he's gone walkies on Eos somewhere.
    How do I find him?

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I think you get it in your cabin on the not-Normandy.

Cheers!

You can change your wardrobe (Ryder's off-duty clothes & colours) + armour colours in your cabin. You can change your loadout (armour/weapons/squad/equipment) in a room next to the pilot section (think it's the door on the right in the room with Suvi/Kel). If you're on about the special armours, that's where you go - just change your loadout there (or at a forward station). I'm using the Scavanger armour at the moment (more ammo capacity, less weapon weight and better trade deals). If you're looking to collect bought stuff, check your email in either of the above places (cabin + pilot room both have email terminals).

Excellent,hadnt actually got to that room yet as was arsing about the nexus talking to randoms..

Playing on insane and just landed on Eos, my god is the squad AI stupid :mad:

Cora just runs at them and dies and vetra is stood beside where i'm in cover when I need to roll away from a grenade. Retry position them at their own cover and trigger the fight cora runs at them again and then appears from behind me when I call her back :confused: Vetra is stood there again doing nothing again and still in the way :mad:

You can change your wardrobe (Ryder's off-duty clothes & colours) + armour colours in your cabin. You can change your loadout (armour/weapons/squad/equipment) in a room next to the pilot section (think it's the door on the right in the room with Suvi/Kel). If you're on about the special armours, that's where you go - just change your loadout there (or at a forward station). I'm using the Scavanger armour at the moment (more ammo capacity, less weapon weight and better trade deals). If you're looking to collect bought stuff, check your email in either of the above places (cabin + pilot room both have email terminals).

Think my wardrobe is bugged, I can't get the custom colours to save :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Hmm i think il leave this one for a few weeks and see how they fix it, so far just far to many amateurish animation decisions and quality really just putting me off at the moment, like when im talking to people they are still and then just pop into a shrugged shoulder "pose" for like 2 frames then pops back down its just crazy how bad alot of it is, and the mesh skinning on some of the main characters i seen some of the hand-forearm just bending like they have no done a good job even painting skin weights on the rigs >_< ugh and people floating in cut scenes and that garis type of dudes tongue flailing around inside his mouth and those eyes like looking up at the ceiling when your talking to people and anywhere but at the person your talking to, and the lighting just seems way off like i dont if its how they textured the models and the hair or what but everything just looks off.. And thats not stuff you can just patch thats a lot of work they need to redo.

• Advertisement

I spotted that you can have 4 favorite loads outs saved while looking for how to equip new stuff I picked up and realising you have to use new gear at the load out station.

Er... They are. It's no different to ME3-MP. I've played Andro quite a lot and you'll barely see anyone with a weapon over level I-IV at the moment (as expected), so I'm not entirely sure what you're expecting. Waltzing into ME3 Bronze as a fresh player was identical with your cute Level I Predator or Katana, no mods, equipment or consumables. As said, I don't see why anyone should be expected to mince mobs this early - it's a lot different when you have rank X weapons and Mods, people use consumables properly, and have levelled up characters - THEN you can watch Bronze mobs die from a fart in their general direction. People would have to have been playing MEAndro super hardcore during and after the trial to even have one or more weapons at rank X at the moment. In short, it's early days.

Silver was never much harder than Bronze even in ME3 - they gain a little more health/damage, little else. This is hardly noticable if you're already considering mobs 'spongy', which I find weird as all mooks die quickly, as expected, while the special units take a little longer (as expected), and certain things kill them quicker than others (as expected).

I also find it weird you'd expect melee to hit that hard so early - there'd be hardly any point to weapons at all if that was the case. Even a KroWarlord in ME3 wouldn't be one-shotting things without proper weapon/mods and consumables to ramp up force/impact/melee. They'd be wrecking faces, no doubt, but you don't go up to a Bronze Atlas and expect it to melt in one heavy melee, much like you don't go up to a Hydra in Andromeda and expect it to keel over with a few bullets. In Plat ME3 a KroWarlord might not even one-shot certain shielded mooks without the right setup - they'd strip the shield and reduce a Collector footsoldier to that one bar of health (and that's with decent mods/equip), so having them cake-walk in Bronze with low equipment would be weird - it's about enforcing your strengths with level/stats/weapons/mods/consumes, not the flat difficulty of the match-rank. I can half-agree on the Krogan melee part, but only half because EVERY class needs to level that last perk to up their melee, Krogan being no exception - the agreement is still in the lack of light/heavy, like ME3, so everyone basically has the exact same auto-attack give or take an animation difference - won't be surprised if they all hit equally, too, except Krogan have Rage + their passive tree, so will usually always get more melee damage than the rest as would be expected.

I'll agree on the Bronze/Silver difference being moot, but that was never the point of my comments - I just don't get the 'Soldier is weak' comment or the 'enemies take forever to kill comment' when I, as a SOLDIER MAIN, am mincing everything just fine. Out of another Silver match, top score with a SNIPER RIFLE (trying out the old ME3 Sniper-Soldier build) over Supports & Infiltrators doing the same with better kits and detonation viability - and this is a rank III weapon with rank II mods chunking everything in Silver... An Assault Rifle with Turbocharge does a BETTER job and is much more suitable, but it's not stopping me shrek everyone. So, yeah... Not seeing these Bronze/Soldier problems anywhere.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103010513&postcount=1039
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103012169&postcount=1045

Fine, you don't agree.
    Your pov.
    But don't exaggerate when you're quoting me dude.

gz on the scorpion btw - got one myself earlier too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Some of the eye movements during cutscenes/dialogue options are incredibly distracting.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Has anyone had any squadmate banter yet? So far i have only had Liam and Vetra talk among'st once while exploring the first world. I know all characters have canned responses to things that happen but im talking about when they respond directly to each other.

Has anyone had any squadmate banter yet? So far i have only had Liam and Vetra talk among'st once while exploring the first world. I know all characters have canned responses to things that happen but im talking about when they respond directly to each other.

Yeah, Drack and the new alien guy have a few lines between themselves, Drack is done pretty well - likeable Krogan, makes up for Grunt being subpar in 2

Can't remember if I posted this earlier or not, it's from someone in NaughtyDog who previously worked on Mass Effect games and gives some insight into the animations in ME:A

You'll need to click into it to see the whole thing it's about 8 or 9 tweets long.

https://twitter.com/GameAnim/status/844961601732018176

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

So I finally got to start the game. Some initial thoughts:
    • Really annoyed that it was so hard to customise a character. I like to make my character look like me. I couldn't get the head I chose to stay, so I gave up.
    • I like to play female characters if I get the chance, but because Sarah looks so annoying & I couldn't customise my character I picked Scott.
    • Nice homage to ME2, waking up to a crises in the sick bay
    • My graphics are terrible. I think it's because it seems to be on a low resolution and I can't change it. I don't have a fancy graphics card, so everything looks really odd. Sort of blurry, especially around the edges of objects.
    • I can't look at people when they talk to me, the lip sync seems really odd
    • Even though I've been a bit negative, I'm enjoying it so far. Haven't gotten far but I tell you what,
      I'm already traumatised about losing Kirkland. thought he looked kinda cute when I was talking to him on the ship
    • Oh and it's annoying about the save thing. I haven't been able to manually save anywhere yet. I just died from an ambush so I decided to call it a night.

Can't remember if I posted this earlier or not, it's from someone in NaughtyDog who previously worked on Mass Effect games and gives some insight into the animations in ME:A

You'll need to click into it to see the whole thing it's about 8 or 9 tweets long.

https://twitter.com/GameAnim/status/844961601732018176

Polygon had an article about that this morning - it's worth a read, and it makes a lot of sense.

• Advertisement

The controller randomly failing to register input all together so that I have to pull the battery is really annoying , 3 times in the last hour (Xbox) I'm not alone it seems. Usually it's when I've been afk but has happened in combat too :mad:

Advertisement