Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Just done a bronze Apex mission and it took about 40 minutes, had a full squad of randoms and found it very hard, got through Wave 6 by the skin of my teeth, me and one other basically running around the map trying to stay alive and get the odd shot or two in. From the 5-6 MP games I've played so far Bronze seems a bit too hard. There connection in that game fairly poor tbh though, lots of lagging or shots not registering or my character just freezing unless I let go of all buttons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

The controller randomly failing to register input all together so that I have to pull the battery is really annoying , 3 times in the last hour (Xbox) I'm not alone it seems. Usually it's when I've been afk but has happened in combat too :mad:

This happened me the first day I played. Controller was plugged in and kept getting a message saying no controller available at random times. I couldn't do anything in game but could navigate through the Xbox menus fine.

Though my controller was on the way out. It hasn't happened in a couple of hours of play time now so hopefully it's fixed. Strange one tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Just done a bronze Apex mission and it took about 40 minutes, had a full squad of randoms and found it very hard, got through Wave 6 by the skin of my teeth, me and one other basically running around the map trying to stay alive and get the odd shot or two in. From the 5-6 MP games I've played so far Bronze seems a bit too hard. There connection in that game fairly poor tbh though, lots of lagging or shots not registering or my character just freezing unless I let go of all buttons.

Just out of curiosity was it remanent you were fighting or something else?

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Apex are typically Silver/Gold (check the difficulty when setting up the match), not Bronze. I've yet to even see a Bronze one (don't think there are any). If you're going in underlevelled (and especially with squad-mates in the same situation), you're in for a rough time - even moreso with lag (which is one of the worst things to have in MP).

That makes sense so, I assumed it was Bronze because it's what I've only done so far, thought the missions available to me would be based on my level.

Cheers for the tips as well!

Just out of curiosity was it remanent you were fighting or something else?

Not the Remanent, think it was the Khett. Had a guy who had a orb that floated around him powering his shield which needed to be taken down first (was a pain in the balls!)

• Advertisement

Just wondering if it's ok to use the sell all salvage option when trading? Or is there anything in that thats needed for r&d :confused:

Just wondering if it's ok to use the sell all salvage option when trading? Or is there anything in that thats needed for r&d :confused:

Yeah, that's handy too, some of that crap ye pick up is worth a decent amount just by sheer volume. Safe to sell yeah

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

30 hours in, and only just learned that there's an option for a Tempest extraction from any location. Not my proudest moment in gaming. And I only found out as it's required on one world.

Spear wrote: »
    30 hours in, and only just learned that there's an option for a Tempest extraction from any location. Not my proudest moment in gaming. And I only found out as it's required on one world.

I wasn't paying attention and wanted to exit the vehicle and held Y and ended up back at the tempest so thats how I discovered it :P

Is there anyway to summon your Nomad to you? Went on a bit of a walk yesterday following a side mission and completely forgot about the Nomad until it came to walking back :pac:

• Advertisement

Is there anyway to summon your Nomad to you? Went on a bit of a walk yesterday following a side mission and completely forgot about the Nomad until it came to walking back :pac:

Only at those forward stations on the map.

Only at those forward stations on the map.

Do they only drop at certain points in the map or can I do them myself? I know the first one on Eos was picked for me but when I was driving around last night a forward station just dropped randomly out the sky.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Do they only drop at certain points in the map or can I do them myself? I know the first one on Eos was picked for me but when I was driving around last night a forward station just dropped randomly out the sky.

There's marked points on the map, you just need to go within a few dozen metres and they auto drop, providing resupply, viability points, fast travel points and mining area info.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I'm five hours into the origin trial, 3 hours on MP and 2 on sp so far, damn cutscenes eating into my game time :P

In all seriousness though I do really like the combat and exploration, just wondering how much of this is on offer as the game progresses?

MP while enjoyable is just too laggy to really get into.

Did anyone try and romance Suvi on the bridge ? and Kallo says
    Kill. Me. Now.
    :D

Did anyone try and romance Suvi on the bridge ? and Kallo says
    Kill. Me. Now.
    :D

seen the video someone linked a few pages back - apparently the game (kallo)became self aware that some of it's dialogue was cringeworthy :D

The banter between suvi and kallo is pretty good, and while kal is no joker, he's pretty good comic relief

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

When I met Kesh I thought, "oh a gay Krogan, that's an interesting twist". Went completely over my head for ages that the character is female :-/

fixxxer wrote: »
    When I met Kesh I thought, "oh a gay Krogan, that's an interesting twist". Went completely over my head for ages that the character is female :-/

Was only when Drack mentions a granddaughter right?

Have to say I've no idea what the reviews were on about at this stage, not that far in due to dicking around and my choice of difficulty but it's every bit a mass effect game in every way. That said I've the same issues I've always had with these games and wonky animations aside.

Insane difficulty is ok so far on story missions but in open world or side missions with no scripted path to follow and cover it's tough. Like the secret lab thing on Eos with the fiend. Even going on the roof there I had no joy and had to walk away till I've better options. I'm finding the narrower fov with the guns out annoying in terms of evading.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

I hate autocover. Every time I run up to some random piece to see if I can interact with it, I end up in cover mode. Loving the jetpack though

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Took me ages too figure out those puzzles :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Took me ages too figure out those puzzles :rolleyes:

IGN had a guide on them a few days ago, some of them were fun, but the bigger ones with loads of areas inside them were poxy to figure out. Ended up using the guide for the last few on eos

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Think my wardrobe is bugged, I can't get the custom colours to save :(:(

I had the same problem until I figured it out. Once you've selected a colour to change with the "Select" button (Space bar on PC) and changed the colour, press the Select Button again to "unselect" it and it should stay changed.

Why did I not play around with the prime / detonate mechanics earlier :eek:

Just starting using incinerate with concussive shot. BOOM.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Why did I not play around with the prime / detonate mechanics earlier :eek:

Just starting using incinerate with concussive shot. BOOM.

Are you playing on xbox one? Any issue with achievements not unlocking? Foothold: establish an outpost and World Shaper: Activate the first Remnant vault, didn't unlock at all :confused:

Are you playing on xbox one? Any issue with achievements not unlocking? Foothold: establish an outpost and World Shaper: Activate the first Remnant vault, didn't unlock at all :confused:

Yeah all popped for me hard to miss those they are all normal progress related I think. Check in the achievements section of the guide are they flagged as locked still or sat there at 100% but not unlocked? Or maybe you had that issue with just not getting notifications for them ?

Yeah all popped for me hard to miss those they are all normal progress related I think. Check in the achievements section of the guide are they flagged as locked still or sat there at 100% but not unlocked? Or maybe you had that issue with just not getting notifications for them ?

I had to re do those missions and they unlocked this time :o:D

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Any idea what to do when grabbed? Any time it happens I get an empty circle saying 'tap to break free' (no button is indicated), so a grab is basically a 5-10 seconds lockdown. Did a search and all results say the same thing. Melee button / interact button and all other buttons don't work. There was mention that if you unbind the key to something else, it'll perma-break that button, even if you rebind it back - thing is there is no indication in keybinds at all about a break-free button, and swapping back to defaults didn't restore it either.

Pissing me off in Multiplayer getting grabbed by mooks and just having to sit there for the entire duration every time.

press E is the default

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I finally got to spend a little bit of time with the game tonight and I reached the Nexus. There really is so much information to take in at this point it is almost overwhelming. The technical side of this game is so strange. So much of the game looks amazing especially the backgrounds. But (and I know it has been mentioned everywhere) the animation really lets down the artistic side of this game.

Although we've know for a long time that the playable character would be human, playing the game now I'm even more disappointing. I just think it would have been much more interesting being a completely new alien species or even an existing one, e.g. Turian. Or a Hanar :-)

The most important thing though right now is that the game DOES feel like Mass Effect. Phew for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

I finally got to make a bit of a dent in the game. Had a great laugh when I arrived at the Nexus. The Tempset, she's a beaut isn't she. I've just set sail to scan some planets and take a trip to Eos.

The only things annoying me is the huge amount of junk I've been collecting. As the above poster mentioned, there's a huge amount of technical stuff. It will take me a while to get my head around what I need to collect and what is ok to sell. It all just seems so cluttered.

The other thing that is annoying me is the layout for the missions. So many folders! It's annoying to have to open and go back to switch between missions.

Other than those two small things, thoroughly enjoying the game so far.

• Advertisement

Oh wow PeeBees pull followed by a concussive shot wrecks stuff on insane difficulty even :eek:

Is that as effective if you spec into pull yourself, it's unshielded enemies only though :confused:

Advertisement