Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

After the farce ending of ME3 and going from the promised 16+ multiple endings to the rushed out much ME is dead to me.
    I didn't even bother with any of the DLCs and I bought every DLC for the series upto then. Even the other 2 endings I just looked at on youtube and even now no matter what they do even if it was about the Korgan war etc I still wouldn't buy it..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Blazer wrote: »
    After the farce ending of ME3 and going from the promised 16+ multiple endings to the rushed out much ME is dead to me.
    I didn't even bother with any of the DLCs and I bought every DLC for the series upto then. Even the other 2 endings I just looked at on youtube and even now no matter what they do even if it was about the Korgan war etc I still wouldn't buy it..

Wow, you missed some of the series best DLC, the citadel was awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Wow, you missed some of the series best DLC, the citadel was awesome

I just couldn't bring myself back into it..the ending destroyed the trilogy for me.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Blazer wrote: »
    I just couldn't bring myself back into it..the ending destroyed the trilogy for me.

Really? I thought the ending was completely shíte but it's a few minutes of a trilogy that lasted close to a hundred hours, if not more. It didn't ruin the series for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Kinda pissed off, PlayStation and Xbox have had multiple Mass effect DLC sales over the years on the different games but PC with gets nothing. The base games have been reduced but the DLC is the same price, at some point it'll be better to just buy the collection when that get's reduced. It's still 1200 points (equivalent to old MS poiints) for each

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Varik wrote: »
    Kinda pissed off, PlayStation and Xbox have had multiple Mass effect DLC sales over the years on the different games but PC with gets nothing. The base games have been reduced but the DLC is the same price, at some point it'll be better to just buy the collection when that get's reduced. It's still 1200 points (equivalent to old MS poiints) for each
    I'm more pissed you can't buy the PC DLC for real money & have to use Bioware points.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I'm more pissed you can't buy the PC DLC for real money & have to use Bioware points.

I've 960 pounts left over and 2400 needed for the dlc I've missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So a teaser trailer was just released, narrated by Jennifer Hale (FemShep). Polygon posted it but was private when I went to watch it. Anyone see it? Wonder if they put something in which wasn't supposed to be shown yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    So a teaser trailer was just released, narrated by Jennifer Hale (FemShep). Polygon posted it but was private when I went to watch it. Anyone see it? Wonder if they put something in which wasn't supposed to be shown yet.

It was something about the planned trip to Andromeda as a backup plan in case the Reapers wiped out the Milkyway galaxy.

Could be a legit leak or a fan made hoax at this stage really.

It was something about the planned trip to Andromeda as a backup plan in case the Reapers wiped out the Milkyway galaxy.

Could be a legit leak or a fan made hoax at this stage really.

Make sense, they're a galaxy away so no way to know or be effected by the end of ME3.

• Advertisement

So Shep actually has something to do with it. Hhhmmm interesting.

I'd be very surprised if she does, because didn't they say that the Shepard story was done?

Would be annoying if they did feature, because they've built a huge Universe with unique races, that could easily be the focus.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Bioware have said thats just Sheperd signing off to clear the decks for the new gang, they're going to be in a different Galaxy like...

Im curious to see how they actually handle this galaxy, I mean if everyones speaking English and hanging around in bars with the exact same weapons and all that its going to be a bit stupid, would be nice to see an RPG set somewhere utterly alien but I suppose if humans can make the leap to a new galaxy then the gang that built the Citadel and the relays probably did it aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Also bear in mind it could take place thousands of years after ME3 for all we know. Whatever gang was sent might have had time to build a new civilization. They can literally do whatever they please.

i think it's set within Shepard's timeline at some point, so it could be before the reapers or during

But yeah Bioware said specifically before and again yesterday (officially) that Shepard wont be in ME4 - That doesn't mean there wont be a connection to the events from the trilogy but it does mean that Shep's choice was the ultimate one for her/him.

I suppose it'd make sense if just before the reapers arrived that new ship in the trailer was sent off to Andromeda to escape the reapers and ensure the survival of some of the races from the milky way, could be big enough to be an ark

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I presume at least part of the reason for giving the entire Milky Way galaxy a wide birth is to avoid running into any issues with continuity and having to set a defined canon, so even including Shepard's voice (and gender as a result) would conflict with that.

It'd be cool to hear it being sent after the ship they're on as a garbled message with parts barely audible, parts voiced by Mark Meer and parts voiced by Jennifer Hale.

Pedantic, but I;d rather they wouldn't call it Mass Effect 4, because it isn't. It's not even set within the same galaxy as the previous trilogy and shouldn't really be associated with it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Pedantic, but I;d rather they wouldn't call it Mass Effect 4, because it isn't. It's not even set within the same galaxy as the previous trilogy and shouldn't really be associated with it

Bioware never called it ME4 except as a working title . It's official name is Mass Effect Andromeda. Mass Effect universe but Andromeda galaxy. Fits perfectly.

Problem here in is you can't really call the one after ME: Andromeda 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

It will drop the Andromeda tag and be something else like Mass Effect: Mordins revenge. Or something like that.

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »
    It will drop the Andromeda tag and be something else like Mass Effect: Mordins revenge. Or something like that.

Was quite bummed, because
    Mordin died for me at the end of ME2, so it was just a random character that died in ME3
    so it kinda ruined the emotional impact.

masseffectsaves.com if you're planning on playing it again in the future, great little site for doing replays and ye dont want to do the entire trilogy from scratch

Got a loan of a ps3 and got ME Trilogy in the psn sale. I'm about 20% through ME 1 and it is absolutely amazing (except for the Mako sections of driving a zig zag map to your destination). Bombed through it on PC so it's good to take it in a bit more although playing it makes me really want to get to ME 2 ASAP as that is one of the greatest games of all time (imo).

I'm playing as Infiltrator (pistol and sniper), is there anyway to train other weapons in ME 1.

I really hope Andromeda doesn't get delayed. I'm guessing it will have a huge showing at E3 and release in November.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

I bought the trilogy a while back on PSN, and keep meaning to get stuck in (the Witcher 3 has taken over my life). I think a play through of the trilogy this year is definitely in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Got a loan of a ps3 and got ME Trilogy in the psn sale. I'm about 20% through ME 1 and it is absolutely amazing (except for the Mako sections of driving a zig zag map to your destination). Bombed through it on PC so it's good to take it in a bit more although playing it makes me really want to get to ME 2 ASAP as that is one of the greatest games of all time (imo).

I'm playing as Infiltrator (pistol and sniper), is there anyway to train other weapons in ME 1.

I really hope Andromeda doesn't get delayed. I'm guessing it will have a huge showing at E3 and release in November.

As far as I remember I think the only way to get more weapons is to pick it as a bonus skill at the start of the game, and you can only do that after beating the game once (possibly at a certain difficulty level).

Ah okay, don't plan on a 2nd playthrough anyway, will just bulk up my pistol so, not liking the sniper in it. I can't remember how it works in ME 2, I had a sniper and AR but wasn't a soldier. Maybe the weapon training was in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

I'm about halfway through ME2 at the minute... I think. I'm still recruiting my team and stuff. I can't put this series down, I'm hooked. This is definitely a series for an older crowd, and I don't mean that in terms of inappropriate content I mean more as a maturity thing. I played right through ME1 in my teens and it made no impact on me whatsoever, now I come back as a 20-something and I'm obsessed. I'm eager to get to the end of the trilogy so I can enjoy Andromeda from launch day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Never played ME1, wasn't available on Playstation back in the day (6 or so years ago) did the interactive comic thing where you get to make the 6 main choices, didn't feel like i missed out on a whole pile gameplay wise according to mates, ME1 apparently didn't age/transfer as well as say 2 and 3 now

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm playing through ME1 on the PC at the moment, and i still absolutely love it. Looks great with some mods (better lighting, high quality textures/character models). While the 2nd and 3rd play better, i still really like the original.

• Advertisement

I'm about 75% through the main missions in ME1, ton of side stuff left to do but the mission on Earths Moon is just class (well it's a tedious 'clear 3 rooms of baddies' but the setting is cool. Can't wait to get onto 2 but finding little bits of info in ME1 that's tieing the whole series together nicely. Just found a log about Cerberus, never knew they got a mention in the 1st game.

Advertisement