Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Guys I am finding armour progression very slow. At level 7 and still only in the default armour. I dont have required resources to develop any armour that is a step up. Can I buy armour in the nexus (as I dont seem to be able to to it in the Tempest), to tide me over till I get resorces?

Yeah, I think it's in the Docking Bay there should be a few merchants in that area that sell Weapons, Armour etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Yeah, I think it's in the Docking Bay there should be a few merchants in that area that sell Weapons, Armour etc.

Thanks you're a life saver. Was starting to get bored of the default stuff

Just made a black widow rifle, the cracking thud it produces when fired is unbelievably satisfying.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Feeling kinda overwhelmed by the whole game if I'm honest, level 7 and haven't spent any skill points yet, don't know what I want too put them in , crafting is confusing me and I'm not sure where too go now since I cleared the first ark on eos :confused:.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭ItsShane

Feeling kinda overwhelmed by the whole game if I'm honest, level 7 and haven't spent any skill points yet, don't know what I want too put them in , crafting is confusing me and I'm not sure where too go now since I cleared the first ark on eos :confused:.

Go back to the Nexus.
    Check the Journal in the pause menu. You can select which mission you want to set a waypoint for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

Thanks RopeDrink and Spear. I'll look in to that once I make my way out of this blasted vault. I had to rage quit, I'm stuck on a stupid part and I'm so sick of dying and having to restart from a way earlier point and go through all that stuff again. Totally regretting not upgrading now :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I appreciate your post RD :o

If I earn a skill point in MP is that just for that class or are they for all?

And there was me saving them all 'til I found a character I wanted to stick with :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

@ Ropedrink how big is the game world do you know? I'm hoping its a vast place to explore and fight through.

Even though I'm not mad about cutscene story games the small bit of combat and exploration ive done in the 10 hour trial was a blast, a lot more of this could justify a purchase for me.

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »
    @ Ropedrink how big is the game world do you know? I'm hoping its a vast place to explore and fight through.

Even though I'm not mad about cutscene story games the small bit of combat and exploration ive done in the 10 hour trial was a blast, a lot more of this could justify a purchase for me.

Think it's 4-5 Eos sized ones. I've only been on 3 so far and 2 hub areas like Nexus and Aya and not feeling like I've progress the story all that far.

You know why no one has seen the sages, it's because it's a PITA to visit them

ffs that vault on voeld is some bull****, until you realise that unlike the first one you can save anywhere outside of combat.

I had to cheese
    the destroyer guarding the console with 2 skill points from range so he didn't shoot back to avoid getting frozen to death jumping back into the bubble when life support got low.

Have a felling I needed to be higher level here. We'll see what else is in store here

EDIT: Oh well that was kind of a let down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

So at 20+ hours in I found I missed 2 of the 3 research trees :rolleyes: The very nice P.A.W. assault rifle with homing plasma mod I made tonight is so epic :D

Also Drack and Cora have great banter while your driving around :)

things I've done tonight which have helped is run with Drack and PeeBee and turn off auto aim , didn't even know it was on. it pulls to centre mass and I've spent so long fighting it without realising what was up.

Also mess around with pull, throw and overload but need to play with those a bit more I think. I can see why but not suiting how I play at all. Regardless, when the AI works Drack essentially plays tank which is very useful.... when the AI works.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Paladonia

Anyone know if you can revisit the prologue planet? (is it Habitat 7?)

Trying to do as much as I can in each place before moving on and there's an optional task that I missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,882 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Came back to the nexus to a bunch of morons crying over their family in cryostasis cause I picked science over military. There was no option in the initial step just to tell them to STFU - had to go argue it out with the leaders... such BS.

You signed up for this people - your family are in statis and will remain there until they can be supported - and no, i'm not just going to unfreeze your wife. bugger off and behave in the professional manner expected of you when you signed up for EXACTLY THIS. Jerks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I'm Happy with the game.

Glad I didnt listen to the online reviewers who destroyed it.

Any one else talking back to SAM yet? By talking back, I mean "shut up SAM with every update about life support being stable/falling" as I wander around an ice planet

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I've finished it, with a very high completion level, so he's my rambling incoherent thoughts.

It's a good solid game, though not an earth shattering one. If you've like the ME series before, you should still like this, it doesn't radically deviate from the established pattern.

Combat is a bit more varied with your increased mobility, but not massively so.

I preferred the more grounded concept of helping establish colonies instead of fighting some giant apocalyptic event like the reapers, though that's a subjective thing admittedly.

The game does have some rough edges and a lack of polish. The much criticised character models and animations are lack lustre, but there's other small issues, a few lock ups (once every 2 to 3 hours or so level), some enemies stay stuck in the air after dropping from shuttles.

There's plenty of dangling threads left and unanswered questions about events, but I can't tell if that's to leave the way open for DLC or just holes in the story given the previously mentioned lack of polish.

But flaws aside, I still got more than 50 hours out of it, and I'd still be up for a sequel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Came back to the nexus to a bunch of morons crying over their family in cryostasis cause I picked science over military. There was no option in the initial step just to tell them to STFU - had to go argue it out with the leaders... such BS.

You signed up for this people - your family are in statis and will remain there until they can be supported - and no, i'm not just going to unfreeze your wife. bugger off and behave in the professional manner expected of you when you signed up for EXACTLY THIS. Jerks.

Would be awesome if you could throw them out the airlock. Teach the rest of them a lesson.

Is there a point of no return?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

I picked military over science and they were pissed off with that too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

wyrn wrote: »
    Is there a point of no return?

No, you can still complete stuff and explore after the final event.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,882 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

you blood thirsty barbarian!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Did the same, needed a solid foothold - and scientists with no military training on a hostile world seemed like the poorer choice. Guns for everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anyone go through that museum on the nexus, whitewashed version of milky way history.
    you blood thirsty batarian!

Fixed your post

There is one aspect of the game I thought was well done, which is the snap decisions, e.g. press to shoot/punch/push or do nothing. They don't have simplistic and obvious paragon/renegade sides to them, and do tend to have consequences. But any examples I give would tend to be too spoilery right now, so I'll stay quiet on that part.

While I concede the consequences are minimal, if not purely superficial, I still see it as better than the paragon/renegade system, as it's vaguer in the outcome and comes across a bit more real world then the previous polarised system. But my view may be unduly influenced by a small few of them which stuck in my mind, since they fitted the story and events better than most.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

RopeDrink wrote: »
    They want to wade onto a new planet with a colonist group of mostly scientists with the Kett and vicious wild-life hanging about? Really? .

I went science...I mean, they don't need an army....they have ME! (and apparently a Krogan)

Advertisement