Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

There's almost no significant branching from them. Changes in dialogue and references are the most many of them will have.

I suspect some of them may be explored in DLC.

But to discuss one of the examples you mention:
    For Kadara, I choose to save Sloane. While she's a traitor, warlord and pirate, she was honest with Ryder, whereas Reyes lied from the start, so she gets saved instead. But I think this was a good example of the sudden decision, I get to make a choice, and I can make one that's true to events within the story if I like. The paragon/renegade choice wouldn't have worked in that context, where the opposing factions are both dubious choices, and I like the more natural shades of grey and ambiguity it allows for.

There's another example from a loyalty mission I liked for similar reasons, but I need to avoid spoiling that one on you as you haven't mentioned it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Just got my first planet too 100% (Eos) and I gotta say that Architect battle was class!

Encountered my first two bugs as well today, first I got locked into the loadout room and had to reload, second was a couple of invisible Remanent who could shoot me but I couldn't shoot or damage them.

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Just got my first planet too 100% (Eos) and I gotta say that Architect battle was class!

Encountered my first two bugs as well today, first I got locked into the loadout room and had to reload, second was a couple of invisible Remanent who could shoot me but I couldn't shoot or damage them.

Ohhhhhhh ffs I just realised thats a remnant isn't it, so probably counts towards that Remnant VI related achievement. Was wondering why it wasn't unlocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Got an email in game about poker and mentions
    Jaal
    not met them yet, but when I do they're down for poker night apparently.

Ohhhhhhh ffs I just realised thats a remnant isn't it, so probably counts towards that Remnant VI related achievement. Was wondering why it wasn't unlocking.

Not sure if the Architect is related to the Remnant VI or not but there's a guide here to get the Remnant VI if your interested.

http://www.gosunoob.com/mass-effect-andromeda/how-to-unlock-combat-drone-remnant-vi/

• Advertisement

Not sure if the Architect is related to the Remnant VI or not but there's a guide here to get the Remnant VI if your interested.

http://www.gosunoob.com/mass-effect-andromeda/how-to-unlock-combat-drone-remnant-vi/

Oh have him already been sending him at remnants all evening and no achievement, turns out it was the architect I was missing

Is there a fast way back to the Sages? Can't see the forward station there on my map.

Oh have him already been sending him at remnants all evening and no achievement, turns out it was the architect I was missing

Is there a fast way back to the Sages? Can't see the forward station there on my map.

Ohhh I get ya, I've no idea what the Sages are :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

There was a forward station right at their location. It's almost impossible not to have triggered it, trying zooming in on their location in case the icon is just obscured.

Spear wrote: »
    There was a forward station right at their location. It's almost impossible not to have triggered it, trying zooming in on their location in case the icon is just obscured.

Half way climbing back up no enemies, but now I actually check it's switched to the vault style map and I can select the floors and see the forward point. So I think you at least need to go through the gravity wells so be able to see it ?

EDIT: Oh ffs you can just change floors on the normal map to see it , thats 10 minutes I'll never see again :D

Half way climbing back up no enemies, but now I actually check it's switched to the vault style map and I can select the floors and see the forward point. So I think you at least need to go through the gravity wells so be able to see it ?

EDIT: Oh ffs you can just change floors on the normal map to see it , thats 10 minutes I'll never see again :D

I just went off to a screenshot showing that, only to return to find you've found it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just found some underground place in Eos, haven't had much play time but absolutely loving it. Keep stopping to take screenshots of the world. The 1st murder side quest is after taking a very nice and complex turn.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Just found some underground place in Eos, haven't had much play time but absolutely loving it. Keep stopping to take screenshots of the world. The 1st murder side quest is after taking a very nice and complex turn.

Another ridiculous bash ME:A article on either Kotaku or Eurogamer about that quest today. Guy writing it "asking his legal expert pal about it not telling him it was in a game" and them him criticising the game for not applying that advice :rolleyes:

EDIT: Here it is http://kotaku.com/mass-effect-andromedas-first-big-sidequest-is-a-let-do-1793657938 Spoilers there.

Another ridiculous bash ME:A article on either Kotaku or Eurogamer about that quest today. Guy writing it "asking his legal expert pal about it not telling him it was in a game" and them him criticising the game for not applying that advice :rolleyes:

EDIT: Here it is http://kotaku.com/mass-effect-andromedas-first-big-sidequest-is-a-let-do-1793657938 Spoilers there.

I just read up to the bit where I am in the quest but it reads like the guy has something personal against it. Reads just like the Eurogamer articles.

Seriously, I really hope negative articles are putting people off playing this.

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Just had "Movie Night" (well worth it) and reached a soft 'no-return' point, so safe to assume what happens from here on will define the end of my first playthrough. Lot of predictable (but interesting) developments and, while most will probably always make comparisons between the old & new ME crew, can say I've enjoyed a decent sum of the characters. Not enough to become engrossed with them (I do actually really like one in particular over all the rest), but adequate building blocks for future games/expansions.

Time for a smoke and then see how this pans out. Will just say ME:A was well worth the purchase and I look forward to seeing where it goes next, preferably without half the minor problems that plagues this version.

Ah you just reminded me I downloaded the archive on Nexus but never saw anything more from that Movie Night one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

I feel like Shackleton at this stage, still on the ice planet. Ran into something mad, died horribly and decided to call it a night. I'm pleasantly surprised by how much there is to do

Can you only do one romance per play through?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Can you only do one romance per play through?

No there's a trophy/achievement for 3 in 1 play thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Varik wrote: »

It's for across all playthroughs, not 3 in one.

I know in ME2 it was possible for 2 in the same playthrough if you play your cards right so I'd assume you can have at least 2 in this game too.

Varik wrote: »

Think the trophy is for 3 overall, but I want to get it in 1 playthrough myself, if it's possible.

Think the trophy is for 3 overall, but I want to get it in 1 playthrough myself, if it's possible.

It is possible been working towards it myself.

Requirements for everyone is here https://www.trueachievements.com/viewcomment.aspx?commentid=1077800#vch Some possible light spoilers, regarding locations and mission names.

I'm playing female so working on fling with keri and suvi and commit to peebee with the others as fallback and will make a save in time to be safe before doing some of the more vital elements.

• Advertisement

It is possible been working towards it myself.

Requirements for everyone is here https://www.trueachievements.com/viewcomment.aspx?commentid=1077800#vch Some possible light spoilers, regarding locations and mission names.

I'm playing female so working on fling with keri and suvi and commit to peebee with the others as fallback and will make a save in time to be safe before doing some of the more vital elements.

Just had a light read through as I don't want to spoil missions I haven't completed yet, but is there some romance options that will cancel out others?

I'm playing as a male and basically trying to romance anyone and everyone for the Trophy.

Just had a light read through as I don't want to spoil missions I haven't completed yet, but is there some romance options that will cancel out others?

I'm playing as a male and basically trying to romance anyone and everyone for the Trophy.

No you can flirt/romance as many as you like but it only locks you out after you fully commit. Thats my reading on it. Usually the points you need to work on the relationships are after completing a main plot mission and a characters loyalty mission. So check the guide at that point for each one or when you get to a new planet.

Yes there are 3 that will cancel others out unless you do them last. Everyone else is open. I have to look up names.

Cora, Vetra and Suvi are exclusive. Once you are with them you can't go to anyone else. You have to be female to get with Suvi.

Gil, Keri, PeeBee, Jaal, Liam, Avela and Reyes are open relationships.

No you can flirt/romance as many as you like but it only locks you out after you fully commit. Thats my reading on it. Usually the points you need to work on the relationships are after completing a main plot mission and a characters loyalty mission. So check the guide at that point for each one or when you get to a new planet.

How do I know when I commit to one then?

I settled a military outpost on Eos and had a wander around to check it out. Noticed a woman standing on her own and looked Langer's. Not bad animation but actually looked like she was supposed to be drunk, staggering around, waving arms to an imaginary person , very strange.

So many epic screenshots on Eos so far.

How do I know when I commit to one then?

You will get an email to meet them , thats usually the point you commit.

You will get an email to meet them , thats usually the point you commit.

Sorry for all the questions now, but once I commit I take it I can't romance anyone else then yeah?

Sorry for all the questions now, but once I commit I take it I can't romance anyone else then yeah?

Once you commit to Cora, Vetra or Suvi you can't to anyone else. Look at the list I posted. The rest don't care if you're with anyone else. It is possible to commit to 3 in one play through. So long as if you pick Cora, Vetra or Suvi that they are the last.

Once you commit to Cora, Vetra or Suvi you can't to anyone else. Look at the list I posted. The rest don't care if you're with anyone else. It is possible to commit to 3 in one play through. So long as if you pick Cora, Vetra or Suvi that they are the last.

Perfect, cheers man!

• Advertisement

This one is still drunk on Eos :D is this a glitch or is she in everyone's game?

Advertisement