Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

wyrn wrote: »
    About to crack - went back to a save from 3 days previous and restart all of the badlands side missions only for another one to break :( This game might kill me.

I gave up on single player after voeld, no point til some of this crap is patched, mp isnt much better but i'm having my fun

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Not having any problems with saves myself but bioware said the patch on Thursday should fix the save issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Hasn't happened me, must make save back ups

I learned my lesson years ago when I lost my Skyrim saves. Felt like someone died.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

I have two bugs and I think one of them will be fixed (the Nomad shield) as it seems to be very common. The other is a small side mission that just didn't register as a mission after chatting to someone. Doubt that'd be fixed.

Patch 1.05 Notes

Improved tutorial placement

Increased inventory limits

Single player balance changes: Ammo crates, armor, weapons, nomad, profiles, attacks, and progression

Multiplayer balance changes: Weapons, cover, and enemies (check back for detailed notes on balance changes)

Improved matchmaking and latency in multiplayer

Added option to skip autopilot sequences in the galaxy map

Decreased the cost of remnant decryption keys and made them more accessible at merchants

Improved logic, timing, and continuity for relationships and story arcs

Improved lip-sync and facial acting during conversations, including localized VO

Fixed an issue with Ryder’s movements when running in a zig zag pattern

Improved the appearance of eyes for human and asari characters

Fixed various collision issues

Fixed bugs where music or VO wouldn’t play or wasn’t correct

Fixed issue where global squad mate banter sometimes wasn’t firing on UNCs

Fixed issue where player was unable to access the Remnant Console Interface after failing decryption multiple times

Fixed issue where fast travel is sometimes disabled after recruiting Drack until the player reloads a save

Fixed issue where Ryder can become stuck in the start of Biotic Charge Pose

Fixes issues related to some saves

Fixed issue where objective sometimes becomes un-interactable for players in multiplayer

Streaming and stability improvements

• Advertisement

1st of 4 comics releasing in May to tie in with the game

http://www.polygon.com/2017/4/4/15176896/mass-effect-andromeda-discovery-covers

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Noob question, how do I get from my ship [tempest] which is located just above EOS to the nexus?
    Its late and I'm tired but I cant find how lol I need sleep.
    Tried the galaxy map but no joy.

Dcully wrote: »
    Noob question, how do I get from my ship [tempest] which is located just above EOS to the nexus?
    It's in the Galaxy Map on the right hand side. Can remember which area to go in to, but once you go in, you'll see Nexus and then you go to it. You will need to click again to dock

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Dcully wrote: »

It's in a system south east of the galactic centre, Zhang Fe or something similar.

The lag and frame rate drops if you come back to a save while inside a vault is unreal :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Liam's press-up form is terrible

Hilarious how most of the Angaran's are voiced by Australians and one of their colony planets is called "Estraaja"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Had a mission to find something on the ship from kallo, completed that and back on the bridge your one suvi had teleported in a seated position (no chair) between us for the conversation which she took part in a bit.

Did the main story mission
    Journey to meridian
    last night and found it the toughest part of the game so far. Every thing gets thrown at you.

Tips : Bring at least 2
    cobras for the fiend at the end
    I had a lot of laps to run here after wasting mine earlier in a section I could have run through.

Let the
    fiend and destroyer duke it out
    again I ended up making live harder than it needed to be.

You can run passed the
    ascended as the ket drop ship arrives
    be sure to hijack every turret you see, they done really do much if any damage but they are a great distraction.

If you are playing on normal you likely won't have any issues but on insane I died repeatedly by getting flanked or not seeing a second shot from nullifiers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

About 15 hours in and enjoying it so far.. loving the multiplayer too.. although Ive only put a few hours into that..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I've been Andromeding since last weekend with mixed results.

I've gotten a few crashes where I'm getting a notification that my graphics driver has crashed. Anyone else see something similar?

Performance seemed to take a bit of a dive after upgrading my drivers.

Like the feel of it. Autocover isn't particularly satisfying but between the removal of the omnibutton and the push towards being more mobile, it's better on balance than the, at times, static gameplay of ME3.
    It really came into focus with my first encounter with a Brute Fiend or whatever they've called it.

It only took me about 30 seconds to find my first graphics glitch, with Natalie Dormer's character's arms spreadeagled during a the opening scene on the Hyperion, but mostly it's run fairly solidly, even with loads of wacky **** going on screen.

The plot hasn't really gripped me yet.
    In previous games you had a clear link between your minute to minute and your overall mission.
    Here it's starting off with a vague "make the planet viable sort of thing", but they haven't really tied it directly into the overall story arc yet, so while the gameplay is compelling enough to keep me interested, the plot isn't thus far.

Started out doing what I love best - Insanity Vanguard.
    It's quite punishing.

The massive leap in my capabilities once I threw together an N7 Hurricane SMG would suggest that the difficulty I'm having in parts will suddenly and abruptly be shoved aside when I get my trusty N7 Piranha.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

RopeDrink wrote: »
    SUB-SIDENOTE: You can flirt once with Drack, but he's not a romance option. I mean, he's 1400 years old, old even for a Krogan. He's not being called granddad for a laugh, y'know. I don't usually understand the desire to have romancable Krogan options, really. All for diversity and whatnot, just they're last on my list.

It says so on the wiki but I could have sworn he said he either fought in the either the krogan rebellion or the rachni wars which would be 1800-2500.

So I redid the vault on Kadara and lo and behold the locked door wouldn't open for me (when you outrun the purge). That was quite annoying, tried a few times but no joy, even managed to survive the purge cloud by running around it.

I think I'm at the point now were I want to be finished. I'm leaning towards the game being maybe one planet too big? I got to the last one (desert one) and grumbled for having to settle it etc. I was fine up to that point.

Might just do the final 2 -3 missions and wrap up the story tonight.

Oh anyone know if theres follow up with
    Reyes
    if you
    turn against him and shoot him
    at the end of the high noon mission :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

RopeDrink wrote: »

SUB-SIDENOTE: You can flirt once with Drack, but he's not a romance option. I mean, he's 1400 years old, old even for a Krogan. He's not being called granddad for a laugh, y'know. I don't usually understand the desire to have romancable Krogan options, really. All for diversity and whatnot, just they're last on my list.

I think everyone just wanted to know what it was like to romance someone who has a quad :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Bah. I really want to play this. Not on call this weekend, so was contemplating getting it, getting drunk and playing until all hours. Now that they have said they will be releasing more patches, I am in two minds whether to wait or not. I never play a game twice. Hell most of my games sit at abount 80% complete :( [and a backlog of probably 50+ games i actually want to play from an unplayed library of over 200 :P]

• Registered Users Posts: 45,879 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

havent found a single merchant selling augmentations - is this correct? Have Eos, Veold and Havaral found.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

havent found a single merchant selling augmentations - is this correct? Have Eos, Veold and Havaral found.

I think, not sure but is there a merchant on Aya selling some and on the Nexus as well. The "General" merchant.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I think you need to Research the augs first, then they become available in the galaxy to find/buy.

My Strike Team found a Black Widow in the Apex App. In game, I claimed the reward through the apex station but I can't see it in my inventory. Also on mission, my inventory went 50/50. What happens anyhting I pick up after that? Looks like I collected them okay? Glad they are upping the inventory limit with the new patch.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    My Strike Team found a Black Widow in the Apex App. In game, I claimed the reward through the apex station but I can't see it in my inventory. Also on mission, my inventory went 50/50. What happens anyhting I pick up after that? Looks like I collected them okay? Glad they are upping the inventory limit with the new patch.

Better off making the guns yourself and using the 2x mod slot aug to give you 4 mod slots on it and the one for damage boost when your clip has 20% ammo. thats nice on low capacity clips as it will proc often. Black widow is 1 in 4 shots.

I know I can buy those on nexus now but I'm fairly late in the game and can make VII level stuff.

Also if you need more than one of something you can buy save and reload and the merchants stock will have been refreshed. Handy for cobras

I'm only just finished the main mission on Havarel (sp), so only 2 planets in. Doubt I'd even have the resources to make a Black Widow but will check it out. Time for an armour upgrade at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

new patch is live now

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I'm only just finished the main mission on Havarel (sp), so only 2 planets in. Doubt I'd even have the resources to make a Black Widow but will check it out. Time for an armour upgrade at least.

I'd buy with credits at that point if you can , and save the research points some of the best high end sets will set you back 1500-2000 points to research fully.

• Advertisement

Item limit jumped from 80 to 200 for me post patch :eek:

Advertisement