Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just saw a pic of Addison in the new patch, nice difference!

Old
    hBVzwHI.png

New
    f7h23sifaypy.png

73xZHSG.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Her face must have had a bit of a nap and a cup of coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Way I see it is if you're tempted and want to give it a bash, no sense waiting - patches for games like this are inevitable but also sporadic. I'd just buy the game, get started, learn the ropes, then if something significant comes out that alters it, continue on or start over now that I knew what I was doing.

Seems my gowl of a flatmate has blown up my router, so may have to wait :P

The 2gb patch should have downloaded for me in a couple of minutes but it's taken bloody ages, ETA 28 minutes total, half way there and seems to be slowing down. I wish Sony would put ps+ money into their networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Changes to Addison look great, but nothing like a patch to **** up your performance. My FPS took a hit with strange drops when the camera changes during cutscenes, when entering and leaving the menu and random drops when in combat and coming to areas like the sites on Eos :confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement

Changes to Addison look great, but nothing like a patch to **** up your performance. My FPS took a hit with strange drops when the camera changes during cutscenes, when entering and leaving the menu and random drops when in combat and coming to areas like the sites on Eos :confused::confused::confused:

Yeah even on console I've noticed fps issues now that weren't as bad before. Previous I had it if I saved and resumed in a vault. Also on that desert planet when you unpause and the screen is bright almost blinding and fades to normal is getting really annoying

The dialogue/banter cutting in and out is now worse too, so much so I had to enable subs. That was something they said they fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Don't know the technical aspects involved but the sound cutting in and out seems to effect a lot of EA games particularly those using Frostbite.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Multiplayer seems more stable anyway. I had been getting the odd crash to desktop which was really annoying, but played a few games this evening without issue. Could just be luck, but I seemed to be getting better sessions too without lag and disconnections from the host.

I also unlocked the Angara Avenger, which is a great fun little class.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

Took Drack & Prebee out for a ride in the Nomad and the banter is gas. Wish I'd picked them sooner. There was a little "aww" moment when Peebee told Drack to never die. Now my stupid brain is thinking he's not going to survive the end of the trilogy, is he? He's totally going to info out in a badass blaze of glory.

Im finally caught up to where I was before but now I've a couple of side missions that won't finish.

Off now to do the loyalty missions & scope out the last planet. Still laughing over the chats "was your father a Krogan"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

It's more than the face; they added in more gestures so the whole cutscene is polished.

https://youtu.be/_TUO-GNI1U8?t=1m8s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,879 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    It's more than the face; they added in more gestures so the whole cutscene is polished.

https://youtu.be/_TUO-GNI1U8?t=1m8s

so much better now - the body language changes make it feel more realistic and convey her anger/dismay much better.

Still it feels like less than we should have been able to expect on next gen consoles after 5 years dev but its a big improvement on what was shipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Sitting on the Tempest (well I'm at home at my desk working) waiting for The lab technicians to give me 100 milky way points at a time so I can upgrade a few of my weapons. Using the 2+ mod augment when crafting makes a huge difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

so much better now - the body language changes make it feel more realistic and convey her anger/dismay much better.

Still it feels like less than we should have been able to expect on next gen consoles after 5 years dev but its a big improvement on what was shipped.

Shill!!!! :p

Just finished on Insanity and it wasn't too bad, well once I got wise to cobra rpg ammo for destroyers and fiends , screw putting hundreds of rounds into those guys. That said I feel the destroyers are a lot easier post patch, they are not nearly as aggressive and don't chase you and instead focus on closer targets.

The final mission felt epic but the final boss did not
    you were basically fighting an architect but not really , you spend all your time dealing with regular rems and activating consoles and when I got to the 3rd one I felt "Oh is that it?" I just fell , I was expecting to still have to kill the big guy

Sroty wise it was OK but no real elaboration on the scourge.

Biggest disappointment was having to settle for another race for romance,
    no Quarians, unless I missed something they weren't even mentioned
    :mad: EDIT: Wait spoke to someone at the door on the way out during the epilogue and it gets mentioned there, you could easily miss it.

73% completion and still a tonne left to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Yay, the global rankings for multiplayer are working again :)

i'm rank 256 in the world, go me!

On my way to voeld (3rd planet for me) but decided to head back to Eos. The amount of shyte to there is...a bit much. Very fetch questy but I'm still enjoying it as it actually feels like you are exploring a new world. Leaving the big kett behind a shield mission for a while as it looks big.

Checking my saves, my latest is 17 hours with 19% complete. The one before is 16 hours with 20% complete. Hah???

Lastly can anyone recommend a good assault rifle to invest in \ develop?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Need a good assault rifle myself as they're my go to weapon, but there doesn't seem to be any decent ones in this game. Was using the Revant ( I think it's called) but it was sh*t, so I bought a M8 Avenger which is a bit of an improvement.

I was enjoying watching the SAM memories until I watched my third there and Sara was just invisible and I couldn't hear any of her dialog, could this be because she hasn't woken up yet in my game?. Have one available atm but don't wanna watch it if it'll glitch out again.

ItsHoggie wrote: »

I was enjoying watching the SAM memories until I watched my third there and Sara was just invisible and I couldn't hear any of her dialog, could this be because she hasn't woken up yet in my game?. Have one available atm but don't wanna watch it if it'll glitch out again.

Its a bug. I had memories with my brother in them but he was still asleep in reality

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    On my way to voeld (3rd planet for me) but decided to head back to Eos. The amount of shyte to there is...a bit much. Very fetch questy but I'm still enjoying it as it actually feels like you are exploring a new world.

I played a small section on Voeld then went back to Eos and found the quests super boring. Infact its worse than Dragon Age: Inquisition. Atleast in that game as you explored an area you would find hidden little nooks and crannies with some having special hidden loot, an encounter or even some kind of self contained storyline. Plus parts of the maps in DA:I felt different and when you found them you felt you where in some kind of special place, whereas Eos is a massive expanse of nothingness with a handful of unique locations. Havarl was a borefest with the only interesting places being the chasm and the Revenant tower you can climb. Haven't seen enough of Voeld to comment

I'm fast losing interest in the game by doing sidequest so i may stick to the main story and companion quests before i uninstall the whole game altogether. That being said simply driving the nomad is quite fun :rolleyes: I prefer to spend my material on upgrading the nomad than i do on weapons :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Need a good assault rifle myself as they're my go to weapon, but there doesn't seem to be any decent ones in this game. Was using the Revant ( I think it's called) but it was sh*t, so I bought a M8 Avenger which is a bit of an improvement.

In ME 2 and 3 the Avenger is the default AR and generally useless.

The Revenant is the best in ME2 and top 5 in ME3 (excluding some of the wacky DLC ones).

Are you sure?

The trick with the Revenant is that it's medium range at best and hugely benefits from a stock mod or powers or perks that increase weapon stability.
    I was having decent craic with it on Bronze Multiplayer.
    It did have a tendency to lack enough punch to justify the lack of accuracy on Gold in ME3 multiplayer, and you can't just hang out of cover for long enough to fire half a clip into your enemy's face.

If you're looking for an AR with a bit more range or to pick off enemies with headshots I'd imagine that the Mattock, Valkyrie or something like that would be a better bet.

I had an absolute blast with multiplayer yesterday.
    Although the collision detection doesn't work that great with the new mobility (I think they need to make it easier to grab ledges and dash over obstacles), it would've been a real nightmare if the netcode was as bad as ME3 was at launch but thankfully it's mostly pretty solid.
    I'm sticking to Bronze at the moment until I get a few characters leveled so I don't have to be carried.
    It's a bit of a slog trying to max out all the lower level weapons first, but I think it'll be worth it, and truthfully, the likes of the Viper and the Katana are plenty good enough for Bronze.

The Krogan murder train is still a joy to climb aboard.

• Advertisement

Bronze is pretty decent for balance but silver and gold require specific weapons to be any use.

pretty much all assault rifles are pants on gold, with the exception of the 'Thokin', and the M37 Falcon, which are both rare or above.

If you're ranking up weapons from scratch, dont buy expensive packs, buy the 5k ones until all you get is supplies, then move onto the 20k packs, then 50k etc.

One class that you can immediately play gold on at any level is an infiltrator with a strong sniper rifle. Widow or Black widow, you'll get the standard widow pretty soon from the 5k packs.

Also, the easiest faction to play gold is Outlaw, by a country mile.
    never quick join a game - always choose custom game, select outlaw, gold and Join game. Making a lobby yourself is still broken at least half the time.
    Be selective about what game you actually play, if there are 3 level 1's and you, on gold, leave and try again for a stronger group.

Dont do Apex missions on gold unless you know your teammates - most of the time they're literally just trying multiplayer for the first time (check apex ratings) the higher the rating the better chance you have of that being someone who's at least played gold before.
    The modifiers are a pain sometimes, and need to be clarified properly, so generally you don't know what they are unless you queued specifically for that Apex mission.

The raptor sniper rifle is one of the best substitutes for an assault rifle in the game at the moment.

All explosive weapons bar the venom shotgun are good on gold.
    Biotics and tech powers are weak and unbalanced on silver and gold.

Stun skills are great, anything that can make a krogan stagger is worth using on gold.

The krogan merc player character is one of the most fun to play, it's flamethrower ability can be specced to reduce the mobs damage and it burns everything, stunning the mobs every few seconds. By fire be Purged!
    It's not very powerful in it's damage but the utility of that stun is great when it's used right and with a competent team.

Dont over equip your toon, one weapon is fine.

Learn where all the ammo locations are and try to pick a position close to one you know, also know your escape routes - shoot out windows before you hunker down so you can have an extra firing position or escape route. (note:windows are really tough sometimes, taking an entire magazine to shoot out)

All explosive weapons bar the venom shotgun are good on gold.
    Biotics and tech powers are weak and unbalanced on silver and gold.

Good in the sense that they do enough damage 1v1, they're good for priming detonations (like the old Striker/Falcon with Fire ammo for Fire Bursts) or there's so many mobs that the splash damage pays off?
    Dont over equip your toon, one weapon is fine.

Well you don't get bonus power recharge for lower weight anymore so is there any downside?
    If I'm going Kroguard I have a shotgun with a melee enhancer but if there's a Hack objective I stick on fortifcation, hunker down and shoot things at range with a pistol or SMG.
    My recharge rate is still 100%.
    Learn where all the ammo locations are and try to pick a position close to one you know, also know your escape routes - shoot out windows before you hunker down so you can have an extra firing position or escape route. (note:windows are really tough sometimes, taking an entire magazine to shoot out)

Well it is space glass, after all.

I'm guessing damage reduction works the same way as it did in ME3 multiplayer then.

There's a set damage reduction from different armour types (armoured being the most, shields being the least, IIRC) and different damage reduction for different difficulty levels.

What that means is that 100 damage from a sniper is 1 shot, while it might be 10 shots from a AR.
    What then happens is that your 100 sniper damage is reduced to say, 98 on Bronze, 96 on silver and 94 on gold.

Meanwhile, each shot is reduced by that amount so your AR is 8x10 on bronze, 6x10 on Silver and 4x10 on gold.
    Further to that, with the different armour types, it might mean your AR is doing almost no damage to Armoured targets on gold, and everything has more life anyway.

That's why the only ARs you'd tend to see in ME3 Gold were splash damage weapons for priming detonations, really light ones like the Lancer (that also required no ammo) or AR's that were like pseudo-sniper rifles with huge single shot damage (Valkyrie/Saber).

It was a similar issue with Shotguns and I presume it still is. Each pellet has it's own amount of damage inflicted, so you're getting 6 times the damage reduction for a shotgun that fires 6 pellets.
    Only ones that do massive damage or fire few pellets or a single shot (like the Crusader) will still do any amount of damage on gold.

About to re-do the big decision on Kadara but I don't know which option to go for. Both are bad.

The first time I played it I automatically
    chose to save Sloane. It was more of an automated reaction plus I don't think my Ryder would be so backhanded and passive. That said, she kept the protection fees and I had flirted with Reyes in the lead up. Might try and go with Reyes. I would be more for him if he hadn't have used a sniper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

still only on two planets.

But I'm enjoying the side quests and driving around the gaff.

Definitely keeping Jaal and Drack as squadmates. Good listening to their random conversations and battle quotes.

Definitely keeping Jaal and Drack as squadmates. Good listening to their random conversations and battle quotes.

Also, they're the only good bullet sponges, which is all your squadmates are good for in Andromeda.

Try Drack & Peebee

Gbear wrote: »
    Good in the sense that they do enough damage 1v1, they're good for priming detonations (like the old Striker/Falcon with Fire ammo for Fire Bursts) or there's so many mobs that the splash damage pays off?

Well you don't get bonus power recharge for lower weight anymore so is there any downside?
    If I'm going Kroguard I have a shotgun with a melee enhancer but if there's a Hack objective I stick on fortifcation, hunker down and shoot things at range with a pistol or SMG.
    My recharge rate is still 100%.

Well it is space glass, after all.

No, the average damage per shot is higher (500+ with the scorpion & falcon) whereas the AR's damage is fine, the accuracy is way off, combine that with high hp mobs and the inability to hit them with a full auto sustained burst - even a Hydra (seriously, an Atlas). Makes most of them assault rifles completely useless. Hope they fix that, because they work reasonably well on bronze. ie: short controlled bursts that actually do more than negligible damage.

recharge rates - all fine so long as you're at 100%, if you're using low ranked weapons like ultra rares they weigh a ton,SR's in particular, that's what i was talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

eI'm 22 hours into this now and it has finally gotten its hooks into me. I've got a ton of active quests on the go and just keep adding more every time I turn around. Drack is definitely a mainstay of my squad and I rotate in PeeBee or Vetra. I find these three seem to get the best squad chat going.

I think my biggest gripe so far is the planet of Kadara. So much stuff keeps bringing me back there but it is the worst designed open world space I've ever had to play in. The game is crying out for a mini map and Kadara especially. Having to pause the game to bring up the map every few seconds is tiresome and finding anything on this awful planet is a pain the neck.

• Advertisement

Single player question: Are certain galaxy weapons stronger against certain armour types/enemies? I was using a Katana IV for most of the game but switched to a Disciple IV which had a beam emitter mod installed. On paper the Disciple had a 150 DMG increase per shot but was doing less damage to the same enemy which was the remnant moving armour turret. Was it because the gun does less damage against armour than the Katana? Or was it because i was fighting remnant with a beam emitter installed on the gun? (Never tried without the beam emitter as its a waste of resources)

Advertisement