Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,879 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Kirby wrote: »
    Mass effect is part of the back catalogue backwards compatibility.

You can play it on your xbox one. Framerate isn't great but it works.

Mass Effect 2 and 3 are not backwards compatible though, so doesn't help me play through the trilogy again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Console problems ITT.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Even upping the frame rate to 60 fps

According to Google ME1 is capped at 60.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Zillah wrote: »
    I seriously doubt that ME 2 or 3 are in any need of a HD remake. Maybe ME1, but even then it hardly looks ancient.

ME1 with ME3-style gunplay would be nice... but tbh I'm just waiting on Andromeda now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

According to Google ME1 is capped at 60.

Maybe on PC. On console it definitely wasn't 60 fps and if 60 fps was the cap it never it it. There was loads of tearing as well.

Edit: Digital Foundry says they all run at 30 FPS with V-sync engaged with drops to 20 and 15 fps common.

• Advertisement

I find it hard to believe given that I go nuts at low FPS and don't remember ME being particularly bad.

EDIT: Or do you mean just on consoles? I was PC. Always PC. *master race jpg*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I find it hard to believe given that I go nuts at low FPS and don't remember ME being particularly bad.

EDIT: Or do you mean just on consoles? I was PC. Always PC. *master race jpg*

Yup, on console. Fecking game fried my first 360 as well :)

EA CFO has said we can expect Mass Effect Andromeda to release between October 2016 and March 2017.
    “You should assume that a Battlefield will come typically in the third quarter, when we normally have it,” he said. “We’re not yet announcing when Titanfall or Mass Effect Andromeda will come, but you should assume that’s in the back half of the year as well because the second quarter [July-September] is so dominated by our sports titles.”

I expect a big E3 reveal.

Will EA still announce games at E3, even though they've pulled out of it?

www.gamesradar.com/ea-pulls-out-e3-2016-plans-fan-events-la-and-london-instead/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

They'll just announce them a week earlier instead.

Like last year, Bethesda held their show a day before E3 started to show off Doom and Fallout 4.

MS and Sony generally show the same games again in their shows as they don't have enough exclusives to fill 90mins.

• Advertisement

Wasn't Bethesda's still a part of E3 or did I misunderstand that?

Wasn't Bethesda's still a part of E3 or did I misunderstand that?

Their show itself wasn't but they were parts of other shows within E3 later. Like Howard appearing at the MS show at E3 the next day.

Bethesda jumped to get ahead of everyone by a day, now EA are doing it by a week.

Interesting, could see most publishers following Nintendo's lead with pulling out of E3 and holding their own conference to save money.

This game is now as I expected gone back to mid 2017 at least. I knew there was no hope of seeing it this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I cant imagine bioware saying much til summertime at least - they've lost some senior staff too, so their "holidays 2016" release may not be this year at all.

Hope it is, but i'm doubting it
    This game is now as I expected gone back to mid 2017 at least. I knew there was no hope of seeing it this year.

Figured as much, where did ye read that btw? Their blog says feck all

Figured as much, where did ye read that btw? Their blog says feck all

It was in an EA investor meeting summary. It's on a few game sites.

yeah i checked around but there's nowt from bioware themselves

The cfo of ea said second half of the financial year 2016, which ends March 2017. What has been said in the last few days that adds an additional 3 months to that?

It's just speculation on the release atm, but it really wouldn't surprise me at all if it were summer next year, or even cancelled :/

They'd only got a vague "holidays 2016" as the release before that, what is disturbing is that they've said next to nothing since the release trailer and lost some high-up staff including writers since then.

and lost some high-up staff including writers since then.

That's what happened to the end of Mass Effect 3, they lost the writers before it was finished so they went and made up an ending over a lunch break around the coffee machine.

• Advertisement

When I do play this game I'm going to make myself ignore all the codices. They are poorly written and add nothing to Bioware Games. Playing DA Origins at the moment and it's amazing how much you enjoy the game more once you ignore them and the pace of the game improves substantial. It's not like the worlds and stories Bioware create are all that interesting anyway.

That's what happened to the end of Mass Effect 3, they lost the writers before it was finished so they went and made up an ending over a lunch break around the coffee machine.

What I've read suggests it was Casey Hudson in a room with the lead writer with no input, feedback, or review from the rest of the writing staff. They didn't get stuck doing it themselves, those chose to.

What I've read suggests it was Casey Hudson in a room with the lead writer with no input, feedback, or review from the rest of the writing staff. They didn't get stuck doing it themselves, those chose to.

Basically yeah, Casey Hudson just destroyed a trilogy. I'll never believe a word for him again after that, all the waffle he spewed about the story line of the years and then he goes and clubs it to death.

Basically yeah, Casey Hudson just destroyed a trilogy. I'll never believe a word for him again after that, all the waffle he spewed about the story line of the years and then he goes and clubs it to death.

He left in august 2014, so ye dont have to worry about him

works for Microsoft now i think

• Registered Users Posts: 26,398 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I still can't get over how brilliant the indoctrination theory is.

Clevernoobs videos are long but jesus so much of it makes sense.

I know EA decided shot it out of the water with the ending DLC but I'd rather ignore that.

I wouldn't call it brilliant but it would have been a lot more satisfying than what we got. There's a whole lot of evidence pointing to it being the original intention but for me the biggest one is that (spoiler for old Bioware RPG)
    it's pretty much the same plot twist from KotOR
    and Bioware love to tell the exact same story every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,398 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I wouldn't call it brilliant but it would have been a lot more satisfying than what we got. There's a whole lot of evidence pointing to it being the original intention but for me the biggest one is that (spoiler for old Bioware RPG)
    it's pretty much the same plot twist from KotOR
    and Bioware love to tell the exact same story every time.

If you've watched the three hours or so of videos I dunno how you wouldn't call it brilliant but you are contrary by nature!

Hoping the next series learns from some of the weaknesses of ME1 which I found to be overrated when I eventually got a chance to play it.

Where did you find evidence it was the original intention?

noodler wrote: »
    Where did you find evidence it was the original intention?

Because of KOTOR, ME follows the same story structure formula, it's classic Bioware by the numbers but in a different setting, but it's done well. Well the first one was with the sound track and all.

I haven't trusted him since the day he stated outright in a preview that Skyrim was "an entirely new engine".

Fup off Casey you talentless, lying pile of pretension.

• Advertisement

ye sure that wasnt Todd Howard?

Advertisement