Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alpha House [Amazon]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Anyone watching this? Had a look at the first 10 episodes over the last 2 days and I'm really enjoying it a lot more that I expected to.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

:confused:

Amazon are in the TV show making business now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Yeah they've started doing some of their own shows, like Netflix has, but they seem to be sticking with the weekly episode format rather than releasing a whole season in one go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

This is Amazon Studio's other show, Betas, that made past a pilot and into a 11 episode first season.

After network TV, there was cable TV. Now after cable, there's content providers - Amazon, Netflix - producing their own exclusive and original content.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/showtracker/la-et-st-amazon-betas,0,5645815.story#axzz2pfxrvZZQ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Seen the first nine myself - No. 10 lined up for tonight. Hopefully it will get a more mainstream release. It doesn't deserve to be a one season wonder in a niche market. I can't see John Goodman hanging around if it just stays where it is. And Bill Murray - please get out of jail soon.

Watched this over the past two days and really enjoyed it. It's a rather familiar and unexceptional but it's consistently funny and Goodman is a joy to watch.

The storylines are a little bland but as the series progresses it does improve and much like Veep, once the stakes are raised it does became rather interesting.

Started series two this evening and much like the first, it's a pleasant distraction that's fitfully funny and features a cast who are impossible not to warm to. Its a shame that the show has never really gained the audience it deserves, it should be airing on prime time over here as it's vastly superior to most of its ilk.

With nothing else to do today and a bit of a migraine and an inability to sleep I binged on this and just on episode 9. It really is just a wonderful little show and one which I would happily watch 24 episodes of a year, it's a smart and funny show with likeable characters and a bit of heart. You could easily see how the show could be retooled as a more cynical and scathing show but as it stands it's just right.

Advertisement