Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

car service

Options
  • 07-11-2013 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi all,
    I got my car serviced on Tuesday with a reputable nissan garage, where I had actually bought the car from. So they ring me up tuesday afternoon for authorisation to change a tyre that was worn and the brake pads and to obviously ok the cost of this which was 400euro in total. While I was speaking to the receptionist who rang me I told her my front lights were blown too and she said thats ok they will be checking all those things. Then I drive my car for the first time by night and it turns out my lights are still blown, they never checked them at all???? I cant understand this as it says on the vehicle healthcheck that all my lights are fine. Im mad for a few reasons:
    1) It makes me doubt the whole service- what was done correctly - or was it a rushed job
    2)I had a meeting tonight, and was luckily able to borrow my sisters car because she was around, but what if she wasnt around and i had to go out or take the kids somewhere urgently?
    3) I had to make arrangements tuesday to be without my car for the whole day- this meant others collecting and dropping me and my kids and now i need more time to get this sorted again! When i already paid 400 euro for this service. Raging!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,459 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

You're mad to be buying tyres from a main dealer as part of a service, they just buy them in from a tyre shop and mark them up by 100%, shop around and get a better price almost anywhere.

Complain about the lights to the Nissan distributor, they approve and supposedly enforce standards among approved Nissan service centres ...

http://www.nissan.ie/contact/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

coylemj wrote: »
    You're mad to be buying tyres from a main dealer as part of a service, they just buy them in from a tyre shop and mark them up by 100%, shop around and get a better price almost anywhere.

Complain about the lights to the Nissan distributor, they approve and supposedly enforce standards among approved Nissan service centres ...

Main dealers are more than capable of setting up their own contracts with recognised tyre distributers and can remain competitive although may be slightly dearer. A 100% mark up is abit OTT. Rememember you are having your car serviced/repaired and re shod all under one roof.

OP, I'm sure the lights were just an oversight. It's not normally the most difficult job to perform. I know it's a nuisance but give them a ring, I'm sure they'll sort it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

coylemj wrote: »

I priced tyres at a local branch of a national tyre company. Then I asked when getting the car serviced at the main dealer where I bought the car. They said they had a major trade discount for tyres and got them for me for 15% less than I was quoted. So don't just assume garages are dearer. Also saying there is 100% mark-up is dreadful exaggeration.
    OP the light is a small matter; probably overlooked. Just give them a call about it. I'm sure it will be sorted with an apology.

Advertisement