Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South by Southwest

Options
  • 07-11-2013 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,124 ✭✭✭

Has anyone ever been to this? I've got a friend living in Austin who I want to visit so I've decided to do it during the week of south by southwest and check it out while I'm there. It's currently $700 for a ticket to the music events only, which isn't exactly cheap. I'll pay it if I have to, but is it actually worth it? I really just want to check out a load of bands, drink beer and have a good time. Do you definitely need a badge if that's all you want to do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 IntoYourSister

I'd say your best bet is to contact a few music journalists who have been there and know how the event works. I know the likes of Jim Carroll and Nialler9 have been over to it so i'm sure they will respond to a few queries.

I'd love to give it a go sometime, makes for a class holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

From what I've read I don't think you need to buy the pass, there are an awful lot of shows that aren't officially part of the festival but are sponsored and anyone can get in but you may end up queuing for a good while. But as above email Nialler9 or Jim Carroll.

Advertisement