Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving and need internet!

Options
  • 08-11-2013 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Moving to Laoise in the next month, between Emo and Portarlington.
    Any advice on broadband and tv service?

I don't think UPC is in the area so any other opinions?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

I live about half way between Emo and Portarlington, there are some incredibly bad areas for mobile phone reception around here.
    I'm lucky enough to have eircom broadband with a landline.
    Don't know much about TV, I have a dish and aeriel setup with freeview, lots of people have Sky too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

As good as zero Vodafone signal from the Rock out to Emo along that road anyway. Three signal is alright. I've often used a mifi along there; even to make calls via Skype or fring.

There's another thread on this forum about broadband in the Mountmellick area. Last year at the latest. Worth digging up

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭draven3410

Thanks for the replies!
    Must try and dig that one up. I really wish UPC would hurry and have 100% coverage of Ireland!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 bgmorgan79

You might try 3 mobile broadband, I did some research recently they offer 60GB limit for 39. They have highest download limit at the moment, compare to other. I'm stuck with Magnet myself on less than 2 MB (agreement for up to 25), so hard to get proper internet! I wouldn’t bother with Vodafone, coverage is very poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭genie_us

Hi

I used Vodafone landline and broadband and had nothing but trouble. Moved to Sky broadband (had the tv anyway) and not one problem since.

• Advertisement
Advertisement