Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How long does it take to get a date for driving test?

• 08-11-2013 12:36am
    Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭

I applied and paid for my driving test a week ago. I still haven't recieved a test date yet.

Is this normal?
    How long before the test do you find out the date it's on?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Did you complete your IBT? You won't be issued a date until it's completed.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Faith+1 wrote: »
    Did you complete your IBT? You won't be issued a date until it's completed.
    Yes, I finished it in July.

My 6 months on the permit aren't up until the end of this month, could that be a reason? I've applied in advance so I can get the test done ASAP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

I was ages waiting for a date because they only get a tester up here when theres enough booked to fill a day. At least thats the excuse I got when I rang to find out the story.

Its a few years now since I did it.

AgileMyth wrote: »
    I was ages waiting for a date because they only get a tester up here when theres enough booked to fill a day. At least thats the excuse I got when I rang to find out the story.

Its a few years now since I did it.

I'm in Galway, anyone know what the waiting times are like?

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭lostboy75

got my letter for galway last week, test is early december. was waiting nearly a month for the date.
    had hoped i would get the mid october tests.
    in Galway they only do the testing roughly every six weeks, and its over 2 days i think.
    so being fair weather rider, hoping december wont be too bad! lol

• Advertisement

lostboy75 wrote: »
    got my letter for galway last week, test is early december. was waiting nearly a month for the date.
    had hoped i would get the mid october tests.
    in Galway they only do the testing roughly every six weeks, and its over 2 days i think.
    so being fair weather rider, hoping december wont be too bad! lol
    So I probably won't be able to do the test untill late January at the earliest?

Were you just notified through the post or did you get an email as well?

nothing in the post, was an email.
    you probably should have found out by now if you get the December one? but I really don't know. also not sure when they are back testing in the new year, if there is a winter break? I had been told that the last tests this year would probably have been 3rd week of Nov.
    might be worth contacting them and saying your available for cancellations, you at least now know the dates they are on.

lostboy75 wrote: »
    nothing in the post, was an email.
    you probably should have found out by now if you get the December one? but I really don't know. also not sure when they are back testing in the new year, if there is a winter break? I had been told that the last tests this year would probably have been 3rd week of Nov.
    might be worth contacting them and saying your available for cancellations, you at least now know the dates they are on.

Yeah, I will probably have to wait until next year. I will contact them anyways. Worth a try....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

just as a note did you check the box that says you can take a cancellation? i did in ballina and when i rang to ask after about a month she told me i wasn't on the regular list because i said i could take a cancellation and that i could be waiting longer for a cancellation than i would if i was on the normal list. i told her to take me off the list and got an email 3 days later calling me for a test about 5 weeks later!

serious3 wrote: »
    just as a note did you check the box that says you can take a cancellation? i did in ballina and when i rang to ask after about a month she told me i wasn't on the regular list because i said i could take a cancellation and that i could be waiting longer for a cancellation than i would if i was on the normal list. i told her to take me off the list and got an email 3 days later calling me for a test about 5 weeks later!

No, I can't remember a box for taking a cancellation. When did you do your test? This is a PITA as will be away from galway after christmas and will have to travel back to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

i did mine back in july, i did it in ballina though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

Mine took about 3/4 weeks to get a date, the test was for a month later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I asked the first girl I seen and she said yes? :eek: :D;) :pac::pac::pac:

I'll get my coat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

The RSA might not yet have received your IBT from whatever instructor you did it with. Some of the instructors don't send them in the paperwork until they have amassed a fair few and could be spread over a few months. RSA will just old your app until they receive it. Best give your IBT instructor a bell.

Got an email from RSA last week, saying my test will probably be in the third week of january.

Good luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭dwelby101

I was waiting for about 2 weeks after i applied, I applied the day i finished my IBT and rang to see what the story was, they said they had to wait until they got my IBT cert but im good to go now.... hopefully there wont be snow or ice as im on early in the morning...Im booked in for the 10 dec in what day are you up lostboy?

same the 10th, good luck with it!
    I am not too hopeful, only been on the bike for a few hours over the last 2 months with work commitments and its currently in the garage for repairs so that's not going to change before the 10th.

Advertisement