Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent in arrears due to rent allowance

Options
  • 08-11-2013 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭

I am used to getting rent for the following month as standard. My arrangement with a newish tenant was to pay every friday for the next week. Now they are receive monthly rent allowance and I agreed to wait for it. I did not realise that the allowance is getting paid in arrears - only after reading these forums.

So now when the allowance comes in, I am 4 weeks in arrears. This can't continue.

Any advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Orlaw3136

Orlaw3136 is confused.

Are you being paid the rent due under the lease in accordance with the lease or not ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭beauf

A LL doesn't have to accept rent in arrears the tenant should make up the difference. Or pay two months deposit.

Sounds like you've agreed to it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

You should not have agreed to wait for it. That is a very risky strategy, both in terms of being paid in arrears, and the risk you might not get paid at all when the rent cheque comes.

Having agreed to wait for it, I don't think you can issue notice of arrears, and will just have to keep your fingers crossed.

• Site Banned Posts: 106 ✭✭J.P.M

Tough Titty!

Advertisement