Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quick express replacement question

• 08-11-2013 12:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭

When getting a new/refurbed phone from Apple as a replacement for a faulty one, do you give the faulty one to the courier when he delivers the replacement? I was under the impression that I would send it back a day or 2 later (they would provide a courier envelope), and the email I received from Apple gives that impression too, but the Apple rep on the phone earlier was adament that I would have to hand it to the courier when he delivered the replacement

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

They provide an envelope and you arrange another collection. The person delivering the replacement is not allowed take back the faulty phone.

This gives you time to transfer data from faulty phone to the replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

They provide an envelope and you arrange another collection. The person delivering the replacement is not allowed take back the faulty phone.

This gives you time to transfer data from faulty phone to the replacement.

I found the opposite.

I got my replacement on Tuesday and the UPS bloke stayed while I packed away the old phone in the box and packaging provided and he then wrote a tracking number (plus his own name and the date) in a small booklet which came with the new phone and gave it to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭jamesd

I've done 3 replacements and they just have me the phone and left, I rang them 2 days later then to collect.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

They normally will do it either way. If you're quick and they have time, they will wait for you to give them the faulty one. Saves hem a journey back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

brophs wrote: »
    I found the opposite.

I got my replacement on Tuesday and the UPS bloke stayed while I packed away the old phone in the box and packaging provided and he then wrote a tracking number (plus his own name and the date) in a small booklet which came with the new phone and gave it to me.

I had the same experience

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Just to update on this, the phone arrived today and the delivery guy actually gave me the choice of giving my own phone there and then or coming back for it

Forgot to mention that the replacement came with iOS 6 which I thought was a bit strange!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

BDJW wrote: »
    Forgot to mention that the replacement came with iOS 6 which I thought was a bit strange!

Mine too. 6.1.4, from memory.

brophs wrote: »
    Mine too. 6.1.4, from memory.

Yep, that was exactly what mine was too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭Migworks

BDJW wrote: »

About to send off the wife's 4s again with intermittent wifi failing and other ios7 issues that we are all familiar with (would you try running windows 8 on a 4 yr old laptop???).
    I prey they replace it with a 4s loaded with iOS 6 ðŸ™
    Whoever did the research in Apple and signed off on allowing the ios7 to go onto the 4 & 4s should be fired!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Migworks wrote: »
    About to send off the wife's 4s again with intermittent wifi failing and other ios7 issues that we are all familiar with (would you try running windows 8 on a 4 yr old laptop???).
    I prey they replace it with a 4s loaded with iOS 6 ðŸ™
    Whoever did the research in Apple and signed off on allowing the ios7 to go onto the 4 & 4s should be fired!

No problems on either my 4s or my son's 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

You have 10 days to get your old phone back to Apple.

Advertisement