Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vicar Street Seating/Standing

Options
  • 08-11-2013 1:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Just had a quick check to see if I could get any decent info on this and not a lot...

I'm looking at going to a gig in Vicar St but there's not much left apart from the very back of Block D/F in the balcony, or "balcony standing". I've been at the back of Block D before and found it ****e cause of bad visibility and I'm small so couldn't really see past the wooden bench in front of my eyes!! Was torn between sitting/standing during the show...
    Surely standing in the balcony would be better, in this case?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

If you decide to take a balcony standing ticket, I find that the sound is very good at the middle of the balcony standing area behind block E.

the view is good also, you can see the whole stage

are the seats in block E fully sold out?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 moses23

If you decide to take a balcony standing ticket, I find that the sound is very good at the middle of the balcony standing area behind block E.

the view is good also, you can see the whole stage

are the seats in block E fully sold out?

They're not fully sold out but they say restricted view?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

I would say that the only restricted view would be of one extreme end of the stage and not many bands use the real full width of the stage, the viewpoints from everywhere are really good in my experience there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Would the the restricted view seats be the ones numbered 1 -4 on blocks D and F, and and also in blocks A and C on the ground floor, as these are the seats nearest the walls along either side of the stage in the blocks to the right and left of the stage?

You should be fine if you were to get a seat in one of the rows halfway down Blocks F and D, or in block E

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Why bother stayin in the seats if it's standing downstairs? EVERY gig i've been to at Vicar Street, people with seats just go into the bar then walk into the standing area, never checked

• Advertisement
Advertisement