Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dibond - aluminium composite panel to buy in Dublin

Options
  • 08-11-2013 1:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

I have two 0.6x0.9m windows to blind with some not-translucent panels on hinges (window shutters). I'm about to use aluminium composite panels like Dibond. The only company I found in Dublin area is selling big 2.5x1.2m sheets but I would rather get it cut to size and willing to pay just for this. Anyone know where I can get such panels?

Any other reasonable ideas for waterproof, lightweight, panel-like window shutters are welcome too.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

have you tried a sign shop, any decent sign shop would have loads of offcuts and would probably cut it for you. You can cut it with a Stanley knife with a new blade and a few passes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Yes - I found one nice small sign shop where I got it cut while I wait in very good price:

http://www.dbsl.ie

I wasted a week trying to deal with big plastic suppliers when I should first go for simple solution like that. Very nice guys stopped what they were doing and served me even if I just walked in to their workshop. Saved me lot of time to coming again or waiting for delivery. Recommended.

And as Happyman42 mentioned they really cut it with some kind of rolled cutter with stanley blade.

Advertisement