Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

replacement battery for an iphone

• 08-11-2013 5:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭

what are the replacement batteries like for an iphone? are they as good as apples own? is there any particular brands? is it much hassle changing it? do i lose my data?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I'm surer other people will answer about other batteries, but I'm curious why you think you could lose date stored on the phone by replacing the battery?

Also use iCloud services (for free) and you'll never lose data.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I think he means that disconnecting battery will erase something.
    Back up to icloud first and phone will be the same after you have opened the phone and changed the battery.

Which version phone is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

biko wrote: »
    I think he means that disconnecting battery will erase something.
    Back up to icloud first and phone will be the same after you have opened the phone and changed the battery.

Which version phone is it?

i think its a 3 or 3gs the battery is completely dead so i cant back up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

It sounds odd that it would be come tell dead. Have you connected it to iTunes?
    It may be in dfu mode.

I replaced an iPhone 4 battery for my brother and he said it made a huge difference. I got it on eBay for €10 including delivery from a guy based in Ireland. Next day delivery when ordered before 4pm

jarvis wrote: »
    It may be in dfu mode.

I replaced an iPhone 4 battery for my brother and he said it made a huge difference. I got it on eBay for €10 including delivery from a guy based in Ireland. Next day delivery when ordered before 4pm

the battery was getting progressively worse. when i turn it on now i get a sign like it needs recharged except recharging doesnt do anything and i have tried different chargers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Well, no need to back up anything then if it's dead as dodo.

This is how to change battery on a 3gs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEmlPK9R6Og

Phone on right in 3gs, left 3g. Notice the text colour - 3g is kinda grey, 3gs silver.
    apple_iphone3gs_3g_back.jpg

biko wrote: »
    Well, no need to back up anything then if it's dead as dodo.

This is how to change battery on a 3gs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEmlPK9R6Og

Phone on right in 3gs, left 3g. Notice the text colour - 3g is kinda grey, 3gs silver.
    apple_iphone3gs_3g_back.jpg

thank you

so is all my data lost?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Shouldn't be. Also make sure if your doing it yourself that you look at the guide for your phone. The 3G and 3GS have different guides.

My brother in law didn't research to hard and followed a guide for a 3GS when he replaced the battery in a 3G. Made a balls of it :rolleyes:

jarvis wrote: »
    It may be in dfu mode.

have you a link for that ebay seller?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Bob Z wrote: »
    have you a link for that ebay seller?

http://bit.ly/1bmZemC

That's the guy who I bought my battery from. I replaced my iPhone 4S battery. Thing is bulletproof.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Vicxas wrote: »
    http://bit.ly/1bmZemC

That's the guy who I bought my battery from. I replaced my iPhone 4S battery. Thing is bulletproof.

Looking for one as well, but what do you mean by bullet proof?

How long are you getting out of a charge.

Very wary of cheap chinese knock offs despite being an Irish seller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭wilford

Any truth that in the serial no's on a battery must match on a 3gs?I'm sure I read somewhere if they didn't match you'd have problem's with restores.

Advertisement